First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
I asked around, was told next month but was not given a exact date. We have ran some pilots (Test cars) so we're all ready to change over to the 19's. The hold up from what I have been told is, we're not allowed to make 19's until all the 2018 unavailables are fixed and shipped. The mechanics are working 24/7 to get this done. FCA has also hired outside contractors to help repair these Jeep's. As soon as I see one coming down the line, I will post a thread.
One of the 2018 orders for a Mojito Rubicon with the Sky One-Touch Power Top has a scheduled build date of 10/29/18. Will it be built as an 18 even if is held up into November due to parts/paint availability issues?

OP
OP
JlEngineline

JlEngineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I Just build them
Wow, that is some great information. So many of us put in orders for '19s when they opened up and now patiently wait for production to switch over. Did the test cars have the sensors for the adaptive cruise control? Were they on the windshield or grill area? When you a see a red JLUR come down the line, it might be mine, give it some extra love! LOL
That I don't know. All I see is engine's all day. And I give every Jeep love. I really love what I do. I always say, Making the world a better place,one Jeep at a time... I don't own a Jeep and have only drove them at work, barely going over 10 MPH. Unfortunately I can't afford a 4 door Rubicon right now. And I live to far away from work to lease. I'm hoping, by next summer to trade in my Cadillac for a Jeep

OP
OP
JlEngineline

JlEngineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I Just build them
One of the 2018 orders for a Mojito Rubicon with the Sky One-Touch Power Top has a scheduled build date of 10/29/18. Will it be built as an 18 even if is held up into November due to parts/paint availability issues?
Yes, we can't build 19's until all 18's orders are completed. I believe it is a federal law or something, so customers don't get ripped off. Production has ramped up of late, hitting over 1000 Jeep's combined from both shifts. I've worked 3 weeks straight and don't see a day off coming any time soon.

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
Probably not now but I don't understand why folks would order an 18 in August or September (when order banks were still open) when the 19 is so close.
Apart from there wasn't going to be much difference between the MY's, they didn't want to have to wait until maybe Q1 2019 for delivery, they wanted to lock down Mojito! which was reportedly going away, they didn't want to be possibly forced into a 3.6 BSG vs non-BSG 3.6, they were convinced there would be yet more price hikes, . . . ?

What Have.jpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Apart from there wasn't going to be much difference between the MY's, they didn't want to have to wait until maybe Q1 2019 for delivery, they wanted to lock down Mojito! which was reportedly going away, they didn't want to be possibly forced into a 3.6 BSG vs non-BSG 3.6, they were convinced there would be yet more price hikes, . . . ?

What Have.jpg
To each there own. When it was clear what 2019 was going to be (no bsg forced, same options, colors, etc) for me it made no sense to get an 18 that will be worth less than a vehicle built a day later just because it's stamped 18 as opposed to 19. Mine is supposed to be delivered first week of November.

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
To each there own. When it was clear what 2019 was going to be (no bsg forced, same options, colors, etc) for me it made no sense to get an 18 that will be worth less than a vehicle built a day later just because it's stamped 18 as opposed to 19. Mine is supposed to be delivered first week of November.
That's awesome for you, sounds like you will have one of the very first 2019's delivered. Given that you were complaining about people ordering 2018's in August and September and back then not one of the things you reference above had been officially confirmed (vs rumors on the Internet, like here) how was it that you knew back then? Clairvoyance . . . or a really cool DeLorean with a Flux Capacitor? :)

Sponsored

jvanloon

First Name
Jeromy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2022 JLURXR on Order
Yes, we can't build 19's until all 18's orders are completed. I believe it is a federal law or something, so customers don't get ripped off. Production has ramped up of late, hitting over 1000 Jeep's combined from both shifts. I've worked 3 weeks straight and don't see a day off coming any time soon.
I believe this is my Mojito JLUR with power top. Yes I'm still tentatively scheduled for the week of 10/29 as confirmed by the now famous Nicole as well as the regional rep for my dealer. Additionally the regional rep has also indicated directly that my Jeep will still be a 2018. While it's possible Jeep could switch over and start building 2019s at the end of that week (someone has an estimate of 11/2 for a 2019) my understanding is that would be unlikely. I'm betting there will be at least some shutdown time between 2018 and 2019 if only for tooling work.

Either way, I guess we'll see where this goes. My order for an 18 went in on June 16th. I know there are other orders pending for ocean blue, punkin and sing gray with power tops. The only colors I've actually seen produced across the entire us are black, granite, billet and white with red starting production just a couple of weeks ago.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
That's awesome for you, sounds like you will have one of the very first 2019's delivered. Given that you were complaining about people ordering 2018's in August and September and back then not one of the things you reference above had been officially confirmed (vs rumors on the Internet, like here) how was it that you knew back then? Clairvoyance . . . or a really cool DeLorean with a Flux Capacitor? :)
Well no, just asked the dealer. Most, if not all, of the 19 info was made available to dealers prior to the order bank for 19s opening. Not sure if there was an embargo but he didn’t caveat anything and did mention it was subject to change because nothing was “firm” in his system yet. He’s the owner of multiple dealerships in a large market but it didn’t sound like he had any special info. He put my order in the day the banks opened for 19s and should be in the first batch of its type produced. Currently scheduled to ship on 11/2 but I’m not holding my breath.

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bikini JLUR 3.0 Diesel, '96 Dodge Cummins 12V, '06 Dodge Cummins Dually
I asked around today and I was told we're going to start building the 2019 Model with the 2 new engines 3.6 BSG and the 3.0 Turbo Diesel in late October or early November.

It's almost mid December. Any new word on the Diesel?