Sponsored

2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Info - What's New (So Far)?

mclaugh

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLU Moab
New Bikini color is teal / greenish color.

Sting gray, Hella and Punk'n staying.

Bikini color swatch:

2019-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-Bikini-Color.jpg

To me the Renegade color doesn’t quite match the Bikini color shown for the Wrangler when I compared them side by side. The Renegade looks slightly bluer, while the Bikini has a little more green to it and a slightly deeper color. Exactly why I want to see in person.
In the first video, they show the color swatches- 3 & 5 are the Wrangler and Renegade, respectively- they are the two models that are getting the Bikini color. You can argue the lighting/etc in the second video (referenced in the post directly above this one), but you should be able to infer that a Bikini Wrangler would look like that in the same lighting. Unless the 2019 color swatch guide shared on this forum is false?
Sponsored

CaptStarboard

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brisbanejeepclub.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon 2.2L TD - "Jacko" Punk'n Orange (Old - 2010 Jeep KK Cherokee)
Sounds like the export model. Some international markets require orange turn signals. Check out this picture of the JL at an auto show in Europe. Does this look like the tail light you’re referencing?

5D19BD55-E3EF-430F-83E3-32FA3C6CD917.jpeg
Difference between Tail Lights: USA Spec "Red" Lense, and EURO/Export/RHD "Clear" Lense

100% correct. These "clear" tail lights are for the RHD or Export models. The upper portion will be the red brake light LEDs, the center the white back up lights and the bottom the amber turn signal lights.

I have an Australian Rubi and had a run away trailer brake my left side tail light a few months into owning the JL.

Funny thing, you can PLASTIC WELD most of the hard black plastic mounting components on a Jeep! I repaired my tail light mount 4 times while waiting for Quadratech to send my new tail light. THEN they sent the USA spec red lens tail light (sighs) after 9 months of waiting for it to come into stock. Google or YouTube "Plastic Welding", I did it with a butane powered soldering iron, fat tip and used black cable tie offcuts as the "welding" rod/filler. Best method is to do a melt, stitch, melt, stitch and it's amazing how quick and solid it cools.

I now have an Aussie FrankenJeep! Red lens on the left and clear lens on the right! Even worse is the turn indicator does not work on the red lens! SOOOO I have the port adapter and lucky you can switch the Canbus from rear tail light EURO back to USA. That causes the EURO clear taillight to brake and turn signal in red LED only, ignoring the amber part.

Partial success until I can find the part number for the clear tail light! Anyone know that part number?!?

BUT then your EURO trailer lights on flat seven pin don't work right! sighs. SOOOO when I hook up my trailer, I have to return the light setting to EURO and not have a rear left turn signal so my trailer lights will all work. Safest option! Problem is remembering to return the Jeep to USA rear tail light mode when you unhook the trailer! I know, first world problems!!

Cheers all and holler if you know the clear tail light part number! :)
CaptStarboard

PHOTOS: Pattern is Port Setting, Brake Lights, Left Indicator, Right Indicator

Jeep Wrangler JL 2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Info - What's New (So Far)? IMG_4589.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL 2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Info - What's New (So Far)? IMG_4585.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL 2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Info - What's New (So Far)? IMG_4586.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL 2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Info - What's New (So Far)? IMG_4588.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL 2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Info - What's New (So Far)? tempImageXVSboY

Jeep Wrangler JL 2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Info - What's New (So Far)? IMG_4591.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL 2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Info - What's New (So Far)? IMG_4594.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL 2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Info - What's New (So Far)? IMG_4595.JPG