Sponsored

2019 leftover pricing

Moreace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Looking for group feedback on this 2019 leftover I found on a lot. Doc fee seems way too high. Any other thoughts on the deal?

It's about 1 hour 30 minutes away (not bad) and has everything I would have wanted other than safety package (I can do without) and Selec-Trac (which I really wanted, but is not on any lot nearby with the Sky One Touch). Not sure of any differences between the 2019 and 2020 model year. If the deal is strong enough, may need to bite and suck up the missing items.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2019 leftover pricing 1589393450624
Sponsored

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Every region/market is a little different. I just purchased a new 2019 JLUR on Monday. MSRP was $58,144. With dealer discount and employee pricing incentive, and 2019 retail consumer cash ($250), the price was lowered to $48,034. This price was before tax, title, etc (which vary by state anyways).

I don't have the paperwork near me and I don't remember how much the Doc fee was, but it was similar to yours. But just looking at your "adjusted price", they're discounting it $8K. I think it's an OK discount, but apparently they aren't too motivated to get rid of their 2019 stock.

When I was shopping around, I found numerous dealers discounting their 2019 stock $6-$8K. I jumped on mine when I found it discounted for $10K. I had to drive about 900 miles roundtrip to get it, but was happy with the deal, color, and options.

Have you looked at any dealers farther away?

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque
Honestly, wait a couple months and special order a 2021. You’ll spend a couple thousand more but will have it exactly spec'ed the way you want and will be 2 model years newer.

OP
OP
Moreace

Moreace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Every region/market is a little different. I just purchased a new 2019 JLUR on Monday. MSRP was $58,144. With dealer discount and employee pricing incentive, and 2019 retail consumer cash ($250), the price was lowered to $48,034. This price was before tax, title, etc (which vary by state anyways).

I don't have the paperwork near me and I don't remember how much the Doc fee was, but it was similar to yours. But just looking at your "adjusted price", they're discounting it $8K. I think it's an OK discount, but apparently they aren't too motivated to get rid of their 2019 stock.

When I was shopping around, I found numerous dealers discounting their 2019 stock $6-$8K. I jumped on mine when I found it discounted for $10K. I had to drive about 900 miles roundtrip to get it, but was happy with the deal, color, and options.

Have you looked at any dealers farther away?
Not doing a trade-in and have 2 small kids at home. Not sure how I would go to pick it up other than bumming a ride (can't take a train or plane these days).

I had and lost my ideal Jeep that was 30 minutes away. Unique setup I guess. I was contemplating ordering, but like instant gratification and didn't want to lose the summer. With all the closures, would be nice for beach driving, camping, etc now.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
At this point, for a 2019 left over - 15% off MSRP isn’t that bad of a price. The doc fee is high to me but that may be region specific.

my guess is that you could push them on price a bit more. But, frankly, in Boston, if you are going to buy a Sahara, I would think that Select-trac is a “must“ for snow.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Moreace

Moreace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At this point, for a 2019 left over - 15% off MSRP isn’t that bad of a price. The doc fee is high to me but that may be region specific.

my guess is that you could push them on price a bit more. But, frankly, in Boston, if you are going to buy a Sahara, I would think that Select-trac is a “must“ for snow.
You would think... but they don't have them anywhere! 100's of Wranglers, but no Sky One Touch with Selec-Trac. So frustrating!

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
to be honest. it should be more off that price on the 19. its already mid year on the 20 models and dealers need to clear out the 19 and 20 models for the 21 models. it it was me i'd pass or get them to offer you a better deal.
Sponsored