Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
I drove mine home 400 miles. $299 dock fee. 8% under invoice. Best car-buying experience I've ever had. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
Great to hear. I’m about to talk to them for a quote. This is my top choice as I’m thinking of making a road trip back home to Tx once it’s in. Stops in Yellowstone, Durango, Mesa verde, Grand Canyon, and Carlsbad caverns. Taking my Jeep on a sightseeing tour.
Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Great to hear. I’m about to talk to them for a quote. This is my top choice as I’m thinking of making a road trip back home to Tx once it’s in. Stops in Yellowstone, Durango, Mesa verde, Grand Canyon, and Carlsbad caverns. Taking my Jeep on a sightseeing tour.
You won't be disappointed. It was literally the first time I have enjoyed buying a vehicle (and this wasn't my first ordered Jeep).

Scott2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Yes but they don't specify how much your payments can be and it's only for 6 months. You can literally make a $30k payment on month 1 and refi after the 6th payment. The math still works heavily in your favor. There's a guy in another thread claiming 10-15% below invoice is available "all over MD/VA." I'm not sure I believe it, but the deals are definitely out there to be had.
Making a large payment won't reduce the interest that you're paying over the six months though, so I don't see the point in doing that.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Making a large payment won't reduce the interest that you're paying over the six months though, so I don't see the point in doing that.
How do you figure? You are charged interest based on your average daily balance. The interest is reduced with every penny you pay.

Sponsored

piloto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3S2000944S
For those who are getting 4% or more off of invoice, are those only for cars already in dealer stock, or are some of you getting that in orders as well?

I understand a dealer’s willingness to make a seam in order to turn their inventory, but I’m wondering if anyone has had any experience with getting a solid discount when ordering one.

We can’t find one configured the way we’d like it at any of our local dealers (SoCal), so we plan to order it.

Thanks.

piloto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3S2000944S
...and if anyone has any dealership/internet sales recommendations for SoCal, I’d very much appreciate it.

OP
OP

trailchaser

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
Who are you working with at Criswell? Thanks in advance.
Julian Hampton, give him a call and tell him Javier sent you. He is great! Best car buying experience I have ever had, and I hate buying cars.

All the other dealers around were 1k higher, they all said they couldn’t get close.

85FAEC57-86CA-4E38-AA2D-58561420BB39.jpeg

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
For those who are getting 4% or more off of invoice, are those only for cars already in dealer stock, or are some of you getting that in orders as well?

I understand a dealer’s willingness to make a seam in order to turn their inventory, but I’m wondering if anyone has had any experience with getting a solid discount when ordering one.

We can’t find one configured the way we’d like it at any of our local dealers (SoCal), so we plan to order it.

Thanks.
Most of the deals you see are for orders. I got 8% under invoice in Idaho.

Sponsored

piloto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3S2000944S
Most of the deals you see are for orders. I got 8% under invoice in Idaho.
Thanks. That’s great to know. Wish I was closer to Idaho. But at least this gives me a good idea of what’s possible and I’ll work to get the best deal I can get locally.

Phillip5050

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Thanks. That’s great to know. Wish I was closer to Idaho. But at least this gives me a good idea of what’s possible and I’ll work to get the best deal I can get locally.
Check the dealer recommendation thread.

Scott2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
How do you figure? You are charged interest based on your average daily balance. The interest is reduced with every penny you pay.
No you’re not. An auto loan isn’t a revolving credit line. It’s a fixed term loan. Making a payment larger than the required amount will simply lead to you paying it off early. Regardless of the size of your payment, your interest expense over that six month period will be exactly the same.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
No you’re not. An auto loan isn’t a revolving credit line. It’s a fixed term loan. Making a payment larger than the required amount will simply lead to you paying it off early. Regardless of the size of your payment, your interest expense over that six month period will be exactly the same.
That's not how any auto loan I've ever had works. Read the fine print man. I have done exactly as I described and seen the results. What figure do you think they use to calculate your interest?

TxJeep69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 IH Scout, a few others
This is true but if you write two checks, one for the monthly amount, and the second for the extra amount, and write “apply to principal” on the second, you can usually avoid that. You’ll have to read the fine print but if there’s no pre-payment penalty, this should work. I guess you could write one large check and write something like “apply excess to principal” also. YMMV
Sponsored