Sponsored

2019 Rubicon pricing improve in June??

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I agree. The majority of people in the country are probably paying more. Probably closer to 4%-5% under invoice. Many dealers in the Chicago area let me walk when trying to get better then 6% with IL DOC fee, TTL on a straight cash deal. Same with dealers in WI, MI, IN.

Some people feel they are getting (X)% under invoice but really are not after huge Doc fees or other cost.

Even the best 8% under invoice includes fees that reduce the actual invoice to closer to 7%-7.5% depending on what you buy. A lot of the dealers offering 7%-8% under invoice include rebates or discounts a buyer may or may not qualify for. Military discounts, realtor discounts, affiliate. Or have high DOC fees, add dealer prep or other fees, add back-end products, require in house financing with higher rates, don't include delivery charge in discount, charge hundreds for locking wheel lugs, etc. The most common fudge factor is probably trade in values and finance games.
According to True Car most people aren't even getting invoice in my zipcode.

A small percentage of people truly are getting great deals.

I have seen what you are talking about. Most of the dealerships offering the 5%+ deals make up money in other ways in addition to Affiliate Pricing:

1. Low trade in value
2. High doc fee
3. Do not factor delivery then add it on later or twice
4. Require their financing
5. Vehicle prep fee $200-300 to unwrap and wash the jeep

So like you said, that 5%+ discount dwindles. Plus for most their is the added travel fees.

Am I saying that nobody is getting 5%+ off invoice legitimately? No, but the majority of people are not. Most don't even get invoice.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
According to True Car most people aren't even getting invoice in my zipcode.

A small percentage of people truly are getting great deals.

I have seen what you are talking about. Most of the dealerships offering the 5%+ deals make up money in other ways in addition to Affiliate Pricing:

1. Low trade in value
2. High doc fee
3. Do not factor delivery then add it on later or twice
4. Require their financing
5. Vehicle prep fee $200-300 to unwrap and wash the jeep

So like you said, that 5%+ discount dwindles. Plus for most their is the added travel fees.

Am I saying that nobody is getting 5%+ off invoice legitimately? No, but the majority of people are not. Most don't even get invoice.
I might be giving people too much credit with 5%-under invoice nationally. I think Costco was 2%-under invoice when I checked for the metro Chicago area a few months back. A friend who bought a JL works for a company who is a affiliate and she didn't know about the 1%-under invoice until I mentioned it. She bought through Costco and got about 2%-under invoice.

Covet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 22 392, 22 4xe JLUR sold x3, 24 392
Sales person said he can only guarantee my sales price until end of the month because June could have different rebates.

Wondering if I should order now or wait.

$60,045 MSRP, $51,500 sales price.

Thanks gentlemen and ladies,
8 and some change off = take it!

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Not unheard of at all. That's pretty much where all the recommended dealers are at for orders.
There are maybe 2 dealerships doing 8%. Peterson requires you to finance the whole amount through them. No downpayment no trade etc.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
There are maybe 2 dealerships doing 8%. Peterson requires you to finance the whole amount through them. No downpayment no trade etc.
Yes but they don't specify how much your payments can be and it's only for 6 months. You can literally make a $30k payment on month 1 and refi after the 6th payment. The math still works heavily in your favor. There's a guy in another thread claiming 10-15% below invoice is available "all over MD/VA." I'm not sure I believe it, but the deals are definitely out there to be had.

DadWagon

First Name
Matthew Couling
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I’m in VA, and shopped around a lot before settling on Criswell. I haven’t seen anything approaching that type of pricing in this state.

Sponsored

Roadglide

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Oh I believe you. I think his claim is complete bs.
If you get 5-8% under invoice and have to pay a $1000 doc fee it is still a good deal.
You people that travel across country to save a few hundred bucks are crazy. It takes the fun out of buying a new Jeep besides that my time is worth more than that. Make it easy and a fun shopping experience. I would worry more about the steering issues you are going to have than saving a couple of bucks. I love my Rubicon but went through the dreaded steering issues like everyone who has a Jeep will.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
If you get 5-8% under invoice and have to pay a $1000 doc fee it is still a good deal.
You people that travel across country to save a few hundred bucks are crazy. It takes the fun out of buying a new Jeep besides that my time is worth more than that. Make it easy and a fun shopping experience. I would worry more about the steering issues you are going to have than saving a couple of bucks. I love my Rubicon but went through the dreaded steering issues like everyone who has a Jeep will.
I drove mine home 400 miles. $299 dock fee. 8% under invoice. Best car-buying experience I've ever had. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

bdubya74

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Pathfinder, 1966 Pontiac Tempest
I drove mine home 400 miles. $299 dock fee. 8% under invoice. Best car-buying experience I've ever had. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
Where did you end up buying?

Thanks!