Sponsored

2019 leftovers

TopDown2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
My local dealer has a 19 that fits my check list, and are willing to discount it 8% below invoice, however the crappy residual on 19s (I want to lease) is souring the deal. How low below invoice can they go before they are losing money? I know they have dealer holdbacks and other ways to still make a profit even if they break even on the jeep. Is there some ammo I can take to the dealer? It's a sport model with a soft top and this is the end of the year. Help. Thanks. Peace.
Sponsored

MDub51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru STI
My local dealer has a 19 that fits my check list, and are willing to discount it 8% below invoice, however the crappy residual on 19s (I want to lease) is souring the deal. How low below invoice can they go before they are losing money? I know they have dealer holdbacks and other ways to still make a profit even if they break even on the jeep. Is there some ammo I can take to the dealer? It's a sport model with a soft top and this is the end of the year. Help. Thanks. Peace.
You can try to wait until the 30th or 31st and then see how desperate they are, but I'm not sure many places are going to give any more discounts past 8%.

As someone also looking to lease, there are a lot of tempting offers for 2019 wranglers, but the residual values on the 2019's are bad at this point. Even at 8% I think it's a bad idea. You'd save yourself a lot of money by searching for a good deal on a 2020 instead.

OP
OP
TopDown2020

TopDown2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
You are absolutely right about the residual. I just wanted to know if it was workable since I can't order this color anymore and the 19s have a different engine than the 20s.

MDub51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru STI
You can still order the 3.6 as well as the 'new' 2.0 for the 2020's. The 2.0's are cheaper as Jeep is trying to push them in 2020. As far as the color, it all depends how badly you want it. If green is your thing, you may want to stick around and see how Sarge looks whenever that becomes an option. It's supposed to replace mojito I believe.

OP
OP
TopDown2020

TopDown2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I'm referring to the 2.0. In '19 they were all mild hybrids--now you can only get that configuration on a Sahara or Rubicon.

Also, there's no guarantee that the MF or residual values will be favorable when the new options roll out next year.

Sponsored

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I'm referring to the 2.0. In '19 they were all mild hybrids--now you can only get that configuration on a Sahara or Rubicon.
In the U.S. for ‘20 the BSG mild-hybrid eTorque system (2.0 or 3.6) is only available on Sahara, not Rubicon

ptoemmes

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Willys “Edition” TBD Mar 2021
@TopDown2020 realize you said lease, but if it's Mojito ;-)....game out a long term purchase - 60+ months - and estimate where your break even point on equity is. I'd guess 3 years - same a standard lease, but a guess. A purchase might shake another point or two off the asking price.

OP
OP
TopDown2020

TopDown2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
My point being: E-torque was standard on all Sport model mild hybrid 2.0 turbos in '19 and maybe '18. I think that's why they were able to lower the price by half.

OP
OP
TopDown2020

TopDown2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
@TopDown2020 realize you said lease, but if it's Mojito ;-)....game out a long term purchase - 60+ months - and estimate where your break even point on equity is. I'd guess 3 years - same a standard lease, but a guess. A purchase might shake another point or two off the asking price.
A very good point, but I'm shopping payments. This will be my second vehicle and I can't budget $500+ right now, and that's what it would be even with a 2.25% loan at 72 months.

Last edited:

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
8% below invoice is a good deal. If you think you can do better, maybe you can, but good luck. Realistically, how much cheaper do you think you can get it? How much more would really make the difference?

Sponsored

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque
8% below invoice is a good deal. If you think you can do better, maybe you can, but good luck. Realistically, how much cheaper do you think you can get it? How much more would really make the difference?
It’s a good deal on a 2020. I would not pay the same right now for a 19 when I could order a 2020 for the same price.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
It’s a good deal on a 2020. I would not pay the same right now for a 19 when I could order a 2020 for the same price.
The 19's have the engine he wants and the color he wants. Can't get those with the 2020. Not a deal breaker for me, but he's the one asking. A late build 2019 and a early build 2020 aren't that much different, unless its 2 things you care about.
Sponsored