Sponsored

2018 Wish List

Jeep XXL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
As someone who will likely be a first time Jeep buyer, (2018 JLU):

1. A "quick remove" suicide door package, in which the remote controlled power door locks are deadbolts extending from the center pillar/post between front/rear doors, requiring no wiring to be inside these "quick remove" doors with manual roll up windows, in order to feature power locks. (You're welcome for this idea!)
Lol curious why would you want suicide doors on a Wrangler?
Sponsored

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
Lol curious why would you want suicide doors on a Wrangler?
if you read and abstractly understood my post in full, doing the deadbolt lock on traditional doors would add more wiring and more mechanisms for the deadbolt to come from behind each door.

If suicide doors are used, the mechanism to deploy and retract the deadbolts into the "quick remove" doors, could be from ONE centralized mechanism located in the pillar/frame between the two doors, and house both of them in opposing directions, and thus save ~50% in production costs, power consumed during each lock procedure, etc.

The suicide doors would be function first, cool bling form second.

Capish ?

Brogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge
if you read and abstractly understood my post in full, doing the deadbolt lock on traditional doors would add more wiring and more mechanisms for the deadbolt to come from behind each door.

If suicide doors are used, the mechanism to deploy and retract the deadbolts into the "quick remove" doors, could be from ONE centralized mechanism located in the pillar/frame between the two doors, and house both of them in opposing directions, and thus save ~50% in production costs, power consumed during each lock procedure, etc.

Very innovative idea actually! Would actually fit with the Wrangler's keep-it-simple-stupid mentality in allowing for even easier door removal. I really hope we get some interesting new smart features in the JL and not just a slight external redesign.

jb1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ Wrangler

Capish ?
I like. You should bring this idea to the aftermarket. Too risky for a production Wrangler. Where you see function first, others would see bling first.

Rambeaux

First Name
John J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Willys JKU
Occupation
Aircraft Doctor
I hope they implement a backup camera. I'll miss the one on my Tacoma when the time comes.

Sponsored

CorpCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Quad Cab
I hope they implement a backup camera. I'll miss the one on my Tacoma when the time comes.
All new cars must have a backup camera by May 2018, so I'm sure the Wrangler will be designed with one.

Rambeaux

First Name
John J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Willys JKU
Occupation
Aircraft Doctor
All new cars must have a backup camera by May 2018, so I'm sure the Wrangler will be designed with one.
Well, there's only one thing left to do......hurry up and wait.

Dackel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU, Ram 1500
I would like:

An actual functional tailgate (opens down or up instead of swinging open)
A diesel engine (glad see this coming)
Tops that are easier to remove and install
Tops that don't drip water when opening door
Lockable hood

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
Does Anyone know...
... Are the JL/JLU definitely 100% getting side view mirrors which AREN'T mounted on the doors ?

For us that like to remove doors fast and still have mirrors without re-affixing them to the body ?

Jeep XXL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Is there a spy photo that even clearly shows whether it is on the prototypes? I'd put that on my wish list too.

Sponsored

randyp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
truck
self-driving option so I can sleep while it takes me through traffic to the off-road trailhead, where then I will take over.

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
My girlfriend just bought a JK, and I drove it extensively last week, when visiting her in NY. I'm a tall guy (6'4") with long legs, and size13 feet, and there are lots of dudes my size who want to drive wranglers.

I sincerely hope the JL/JLU, has a wider space around the pedals. I found the space to the right side of the gas pedal insufficient, and at times, even dangerous. Size13 aren't Shaq feet, many men have feet my size and long legs. And I sincerely feel the ergonomics around both the gas pedal, and the wiring harness on the left side, make driving the JK, feel less than optimal, and even slightly dangerous.

So please widen the area around the gas pedal, and minimize/raise/eliminate the hanging wiring harness, these two areas really badly bothered me, as a tall long legged big footed man.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I'm 6'2" with size 12s but dont seem to be bothered by any of that. Maybe its because my JKU is a auto? The thing that dose bother me is the door lock location as with a auto I keep my left foot back which causes my knee to sit up and I hit the locks with my knee all the time. If the moved the locks back just a couple of inches it would stop that, but its not something that is too annoying that it would keep me from buying another one.

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
My GF's JK is an auto. Really felt constricting and cramped and even mildly dangerous compared to the many full size luxury sedans I've owned in my life. (Jaguar XJR, Cadillac STS, Bmw 750Li, Mercedes S550)

Jeep JKU/JLU HAVE BEEN AND WILL BE VERY POPULAR AMONGST PRO ATHELTES, so please Jeep, make this footwell wider and more ergonomic for larger men.

JLtherig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU (future)
My girlfriend just bought a JK, and I drove it extensively last week, when visiting her in NY. I'm a tall guy (6'4") with long legs, and size13 feet, and there are lots of dudes my size who want to drive wranglers.

I sincerely hope the JL/JLU, has a wider space around the pedals. I found the space to the right side of the gas pedal insufficient, and at times, even dangerous. Size13 aren't Shaq feet, many men have feet my size and long legs. And I sincerely feel the ergonomics around both the gas pedal, and the wiring harness on the left side, make driving the JK, feel less than optimal, and even slightly dangerous.

So please widen the area around the gas pedal, and minimize/raise/eliminate the hanging wiring harness, these two areas really badly bothered me, as a tall long legged big footed man.
I feel your pain and totally agree. I'm 6'5" with a size 15 shoe and a "36 inseam.

I'm 6'2" with size 12s but dont seem to be bothered by any of that. Maybe its because my JKU is a auto? The thing that dose bother me is the door lock location as with a auto I keep my left foot back which causes my knee to sit up and I hit the locks with my knee all the time. If the moved the locks back just a couple of inches it would stop that, but its not something that is too annoying that it would keep me from buying another one.
You're too short to be able to relate, obviously.
Sponsored