2018 JL Manual Window Option

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
Guess thats the great thing about the brand, people love it to death and have their "things" they want and love about them.
I think everyone loving what they love is great. I do, however, wish the phrase "real Jeep" would be permanently banned from all discourse, online and off. Love what you want, but stop denigrating everything else.
Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
What exactly is the fascination with manual windows?
No fascination really, but the one thing I feel more confident with is when at a drive through (aka drive-thru) or parkade entrance in the middle of winter opening my manual windows than my powered ones.

After two window failures this way (one burnt motor one separated pane from window mechanism) I could see some people having an issue with them. With manual windows you can apply slighter constant pressure and tap/bang the windows to loosen them / break the ice barriers without burning out the motor or separating the window mechanism,

It’s not my motivation for getting them (again more about convenience in 4dr), but that scenario is one I continually confront that keeps me thinking about it.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
I think everyone loving what they love is great. I do, however, wish the phrase "real Jeep" would be permanently banned from all discourse, online and off. Love what you want, but stop denigrating everything else.
Yep, exactly.

I have always been an advocate for that position: that what someone else does with their Jeep / Wrangler should have no influence on how you enjoy yours, so just go out and enjoy yours.

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
100% agreement, my jeep will likely never rock crawl, rarely see snow, but is gonna be in sand and mud by ocean/river, and be used as a topless fun & sun vehicle.

I had a guy telling me if i was not gonna be hard core rock climbing I dont need a wrangler..
oh well, probably true I could air down tires on an AWD crossover and probably be ok 90% of the time.. But Dogs and I are still gonna have a blast down along beach with it anyways :P

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
What exactly is the fascination with manual windows?
They're reminiscent of the science museums you go to as a kid where you turn the crank and watch to see what happens.

Sponsored

TsundereKaho

First Name
Kaho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 YJ, 12 JK Rubicon
I'll trade you the manual windows from my YJ for your power windows :puppyeyes:

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Philosophical question: are the 1/2 doors manual or automatic? ;)
Sponsored