Sponsored

sschmich2018

First Name
Shellie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Thank you. I phoned the dealership and told them of your Aux battery suggestion.. my fingers are crossed. I appreciate your help, have a great day!
Sponsored

Barney392

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
Sounds like the old CAN Bus problem which is fairy common. Remove the glove box door (push the sides inward and the door will drop down). Behind the door you will see a green box with a bunch of wires plugged into it. Make sure that all the plugs are well seated. Sometimes the green box needs to be replaced.

Sorry for the long link.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3141718668...aaazhTkUmBFkFr8fbeQV|ampid:PL_CLK|clp:2349624

Granite18jl

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara 3.6L 8 speed
Did this work for u? The dealer is telling me it's $1500!!!
So I have had the same problem for sometime now my batteries are fairly new because I had changed them about a year back. I have video as well. I have seen a number of suggestions that people have given and have tried them all with no luck.

Granite18jl

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am beginning to wonder if there are different symptoms to a battery issue. I had the service start stop error when the auxiliary battery failed the first time. I changed both batteries and all was well--for just over a year. Then the service start/stop light came on again and shortly thereafter the check engine light came on and the engine began running really rough.

Made it home and the codes thrown were related to the left engine bank running lean. I tested both batteries and the auxiliary was bad. Replaced it again, cleared the codes, and it worked ok for about a month then the same thing repeated.

I disconnected the negative battery cable, pulled Fuse 42 and thus far everything has been fine since then. I need more run time to be sure the auxiliary was the issue, but for me, I am done with the auxiliary battery. It will stay disconnected at this point.
So as soon as I pulled fuse 42 all lights are off. Now I need to disconnect aux negative just don't know if I have to take main battery out to do so.

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
So as soon as I pulled fuse 42 all lights are off. Now I need to disconnect aux negative just don't know if I have to take main battery out to do so.
No need to remove the battery. Negative cables are right there at the negative terminal on the top of the battery. AUX ground is the smaller diameter cable. Remove it, wrap the terminal in something like electrical tape and tuck it aside.

Sponsored

Granite18jl

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No need to remove the battery. Negative cables are right there at the negative terminal on the top of the battery. AUX ground is the smaller diameter cable. Remove it, wrap the terminal in something like electrical tape and tuck it aside.
Thanks going to tackle that today should take a second if it just take negative off wrap with tape, zip tie to somewhere secure… hope this truly works and stop the Christmas tree lights/ error codes/ power steering loss/ and all things in my video. Thanks agian I’ll be back with an update. Since My Jeep can’t even be looked at untill July 20th, if my Jeep dont crash and kill me First.

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
Thanks going to tackle that today should take a second if it just take negative off wrap with tape, zip tie to somewhere secure… hope this truly works and stop the Christmas tree lights/ error codes/ power steering loss/ and all things in my video. Thanks agian I’ll be back with an update. Since My Jeep can’t even be looked at untill July 20th, if my Jeep dont crash and kill me First.
Remember to pull fuse F42 too.

Granite18jl

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Remember to pull fuse F42 too.
Okay so did just that removed fuse f42 and place in spare f49 spot took negative and only negative off main battery, overtaped with electrical tape. Check engine light is still on and on first start up I was back to shifter not get out of park all lights coming on etc, turned Jeep off and everything was fine again but now engine light is back on. Should I disconnect the Positive as well on the Aux battery?

IMG_3128.jpeg

IMG_3129.jpeg

IMG_3130.jpeg

Granite18jl

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sti
Okay so did just that removed fuse f42 and place in spare f49 spot took negative and only negative off main battery, overtaped with electrical tape. Check engine light is still on and on first start up I was back to shifter not get out of park all lights coming on etc, turned Jeep off and everything was fine again but now engine light is back on. Should I disconnect the Positive as well on the Aux battery?

Jeep Wrangler JL 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Malfunction Sensor Error - Please help IMG_3130

Jeep Wrangler JL 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Malfunction Sensor Error - Please help IMG_3130

still having the problem… Today I changed my two year old Main battery out and still bypassed ess battery all seems good. If thats doesn’t fix tube problem than me can bus is my next fix.

Cao

First Name
Candy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
It is all Bs nobody wants to fix this problem I’m so sick of it. And its not an easy fix like the battery. I have been searching for a month and still have no answers, and at this point I’m going to stop Throwing Money away to maybe fix something thats not the problem or needed to be touch by anybody. I have tried about ten different fixes and nothing has work so now Everytime I go out to start my Jeep I prey to whoever is listening that I can put My Jeep i to Drive and get going. Also give myself about an extra 30 minutes to go anywhere just in case She don't shift out of Park. It seems that the real and only thing that is working for me is(((take off the Negative battery connector and let the Jeep sit for about 5 minutes, reattach than start and drive away.))))
Hey there, I am currently dealing with the same issue. Have you been able to figure out what was causing it? I have replaced both batteries and took it to the dealership. They tried to blame my after market radio. We told them it was not the radio and they told me they can't work on my car because of all the upgrades. Which makes zero sense to me. How can a mechanic not know how to work on a vehicle that has had upgrades? They pretty much refused to touch it. So I am looking to take it somewhere else. When mine acts up I am able to get it out of park if I do it right after it starts. but you have to be fast. takes me like 3-4 times and it randomly acts up, then it resets itself and is fine for a few months.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Hey there, I am currently dealing with the same issue. Have you been able to figure out what was causing it? I have replaced both batteries and took it to the dealership. They tried to blame my after market radio. We told them it was not the radio and they told me they can't work on my car because of all the upgrades. Which makes zero sense to me. How can a mechanic not know how to work on a vehicle that has had upgrades? They pretty much refused to touch it. So I am looking to take it somewhere else. When mine acts up I am able to get it out of park if I do it right after it starts. but you have to be fast. takes me like 3-4 times and it randomly acts up, then it resets itself and is fine for a few months.
Take it to a professional, this thread is full of witchcraft and voodoo, not any technical proficiency or sense.
Sponsored