Sponsored

jcbarone15

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
We own a 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL and while driving had a number of the sensor lights go off on the dashboard. We lost power steering and our brakes became difficult to use. The dashboard lit up with every possible sensor going off including airbags, Service Electronic Stability Control, Check engine, ABS, brake light, etc. When we stopped the Jeep and shut it off and turned it back on, we could not shift the Jeep out of Park into Reverse or Drive, the shifter was stuck. We shut the car off again and turned it back on and the Jeep was ok but the check engine light would not go out. This has happened twice and Jeep is unsure why. My son drives the Jeep and I'm concerned this will happen while i'm not there and could cause an accident. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. I've included videos of the dash so that you can see what is happening. Thank you.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@jcbarone15

The batteries(2) on your 2018 JL have aged out.... they need replacement. Replace both (2) batteries.

Do not just replace the Main battery that you see in the engine compartment.

Sponsored

Sponsored

smariejean

First Name
SHEILA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP WRANGLER RUBICON
Hi! I was just wondering did changing the battery work for u? The same thing just happened to my 19 Rubicon "The dashboard lit up with every possible sensor going off including airbags, Service Electronic Stability Control, Check engine, ABS, brake light, etc. When we stopped the Jeep and shut it off and turned it back on, we could not shift the Jeep out of Park into Reverse or Drive, the shifter was stuck..." They're telling me to change the power steering out which is $1500.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Hi! I was just wondering did changing the battery work for u? The same thing just happened to my 19 Rubicon "The dashboard lit up with every possible sensor going off including airbags, Service Electronic Stability Control, Check engine, ABS, brake light, etc. When we stopped the Jeep and shut it off and turned it back on, we could not shift the Jeep out of Park into Reverse or Drive, the shifter was stuck..." They're telling me to change the power steering out which is $1500.
Change the power steering...pump? Gear? While possible, I doubt it. Did they give you any sort of explanation?

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
A whole lot of jibberish. Didn't make sense to me at all.
An electronic failure of the pump can cause all sorts of side effects and sympathetic codes, depending on the nature of the fault. I’d be very leery of this repair though.

Ahb

First Name
Audrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler sport
We own a 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL and while driving had a number of the sensor lights go off on the dashboard. We lost power steering and our brakes became difficult to use. The dashboard lit up with every possible sensor going off including airbags, Service Electronic Stability Control, Check engine, ABS, brake light, etc. When we stopped the Jeep and shut it off and turned it back on, we could not shift the Jeep out of Park into Reverse or Drive, the shifter was stuck. We shut the car off again and turned it back on and the Jeep was ok but the check engine light would not go out. This has happened twice and Jeep is unsure why. My son drives the Jeep and I'm concerned this will happen while i'm not there and could cause an accident. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. I've included videos of the dash so that you can see what is happening. Thank you.

I am having the same issue. Did the battery change solve the issue. I have the original battery it's a 2018.
Sponsored