Sponsored

2 Quick Questions (Soft Top & Push to Start)

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
I have two quick questions about the soft top.... Is there a non "premium" soft top, and is there a difference between that and the premium soft top?

And I may need a dunce cap since I am just coming to this realization, but is push to start standard across all trims? And while this may seem silly and a bit funny to want to change, but are there any aftermarket mods that would allow me for an old fashioned key start? I really don’t like push to start, especially when it comes to turning a vehicle off..... I may or may have not forgotten to turn a car off and killed the battery with a push to start car in the past.... :angel:
If you’re used to actually turning off the ignition prior to ignition prior to exiting the vehicle, pushing the button as opposed to turning it isn’t really that much different.

I have an almost 7 year old premium top on my JK. It holds up very well and it’s very quiet. No fading, no wear and I don’t clean it all. I just rinse it while I wash the rest of the Jeep.

It is heavier and thicker and it sits up much higher when the sun rider top is flipped back (probably because it wears easier when it rubs against itself).
Sponsored

OP
OP
M_Pluto

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher
If you’re used to actually turning off the ignition prior to ignition prior to exiting the vehicle, pushing the button as opposed to turning it isn’t really that much different.

I have an almost 7 year old premium top on my JK. It holds up very well and it’s very quiet. No fading, no wear and I don’t clean it all. I just rinse it while I wash the rest of the Jeep.

It is heavier and thicker and it sits up much higher when the sun rider top is flipped back (probably because it wears easier when it rubs against itself).

I suppose so?? However I think for me the muscle memory of turning the key to turn off a car is so ingrained as a necessary step that without it I very easily see myself grabbing the keys in a rush and running off without properly turning the engine off.... I’d lose my head if it weren’t screwed on straight, and I only get worse when I’m in a rush! :P

Good to know, I most likely will get the premium top from what everyone here is saying the extra cash is worth it. Not to mention it seems cheaper to buy it factory than to get aftermarket from what I’ve read so far....

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
  • I suppose so?? However I think for me the muscle memory of turning the key to turn off a car is so ingrained as a necessary step that without it I very easily see myself grabbing the keys in a rush and running off without properly turning the engine off.... I’d lose my head if it weren’t screwed on straight, and I only get worse when I’m in a rush! :P

Good to know, I most likely will get the premium top from what everyone here is saying the extra cash is worth it. Not to mention it seems cheaper to buy it factory than to get aftermarket from what I’ve read so far....
    I wouldn’t worry about it. If your muscle memory is used to doing anything before exiting a vehicle, just exiting without doing anything is gonna to feel odd. Your engine will still be running, radio blaring, dash still lit up, etc.

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Little bit of wrong info there. Yes there is a standard top of lesser quality than the premium. The premium is like a 595 upcharge.
That is unless something changed with the 19.
upcharge: like that word because the premium soft costs you $595(???) plus giving FCA back the standard soft top...so to speak..i.e. you exchange the two

... lot's more $ to buy premium soft top outright.

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
I push the button to turn off the vehicle, and everything stays on except for the Jeep is no longer running...I cannot figure out why...i need to press it twice

I have the optional top for 595/dollars...much better than the standard top...worth the money in my opinion

Sponsored

BigT96

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
It’s an option you can set in your settings, it’s waiting for you to open the door, or will shut off after a certain amount of time.[/QUOTE]

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
Got to check that out...thx

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
If you are going to go full time softtop 100% get the premium the standard one looks terrible inside and out very cheap and weathers poorly... the premium is made by besttop and is a very nice product that I absolutely love

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
If you are going to go full time softtop 100% get the premium the standard one looks terrible inside and out very cheap and weathers poorly... the premium is made by besttop and is a very nice product that I absolutely love
X2, Twill top is awesome!
Gregj