2 Door storage solutions

Gmanjeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
I bought this shelf and attempted to install it like you have written out. I never could get it to work for me. I ended up buying the longer soft top bolts from the dealership, ripping a 2x4 down, drilling holes for the bolts to mount thru them, and screwing the shelf to the 2x4. I also mounted it in front of the roll bar but it could be done the same way in the original position around the roll bar. Works for me.

image2.jpeg
image1.jpeg
image0 (2).jpeg
Nice application! Do you have a part number or specific dimensions for the longer soft top bolts you used? The OEM hard op bolts ar M8 x 1.25. I am thinking of ripping a 1x4 down the middle (you indicate you ripped a 2x4). I would then need to use an M8x 2”. I am going to try to call the dealer, but thought I would ask you first.
Sponsored

bonniejf

First Name
Bonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL
Nice application! Do you have a part number or specific dimensions for the longer soft top bolts you used? The OEM hard op bolts ar M8 x 1.25. I am thinking of ripping a 1x4 down the middle (you indicate you ripped a 2x4). I would then need to use an M8x 2”. I am going to try to call the dealer, but thought I would ask you first.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/factory-soft-top-hardware-list.114954/

pretty sure I bought “n” from this list but it doesn’t give the specs.

Gmanjeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR

Vector Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vectoroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Offroad Manufacturing

bonniejf

First Name
Bonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL
Thanks. How is it working for you? The rack you used is not available and so I am looking at another similar rack. I want to install it in front of the roll bar posts and behind the front seats of my 2 door ( I took my back seat completely out) so I can carry golf clubs on road trips.
It is working great. I like having it between the front seats and the rear roll bar rather than towards the back window. This whole setup only cost me maybe $160. Having said that…if I had unlimited money, I would definitely have bought the vector off-road one that mounts to the roll bar.

Sponsored

Gmanjeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
It is working great. I like having it between the front seats and the rear roll bar rather than towards the back window. This whole setup only cost me maybe $160. Having said that…if I had unlimited money, I would definitely have bought the vector off-road one that mounts to the roll bar.
Thanks again. Just curious why you would prefer the Vector product. I have seen it and it does look good. However, to carry golf clubs I need a rack which is totally in front of the roll bar. Also, I will probably only have mine mounted once or twice a year when we go to Colorado with our jeeping group and I want to take golf clubs. Given this, I did not want to spend approximately 4 times as much. Vector certainly looks like a quality product. What do you use yours for and do you leave it in all the time.

Vector Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vectoroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Offroad Manufacturing
Thanks again. Just curious why you would prefer the Vector product. I have seen it and it does look good. However, to carry golf clubs I need a rack which is totally in front of the roll bar. Also, I will probably only have mine mounted once or twice a year when we go to Colorado with our jeeping group and I want to take golf clubs. Given this, I did not want to spend approximately 4 times as much. Vector certainly looks like a quality product. What do you use yours for and do you leave it in all the time.
we definitely can’t compete price wise with the overseas import products found on Amazon. Our products are made in the USA, and cost us more to manufacture than they sell for. It also costs us half what they charge again just to ship our product, as we don’t have our own fleet of delivery trucks and warehouses. Our Quality speaks for itself though in comparison. Thanks for checking out what we have to offer.

Last edited:

Gmanjeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
we defininetly can’t compete price wise with the overseas import products found on Amazon. Our products are made in the USA, and cost us more to manufacture than they sell for. It also costs us half what they charge again just to ship our product, as we don’t have our own fleet of delivery trucks and warehouses. Our Quality speaks for itself though in comparison. Thanks for checking out what we have to offer.
Thanks for addressing. Remind me how deep your rack is and, if possible, how much of the depth is in front of the roll bar post. I am primarily going to use this for two Sets of golf clubs which will not fit between the roll bars.

Vector Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vectoroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Offroad Manufacturing
Thanks for addressing. Remind me how deep your rack is and, if possible, how much of the depth is in front of the roll bar post. I am primarily going to use this for two Sets of golf clubs which will not fit between the roll bars.
Not a problem at all. ~40” wide x 23” deep. It projects approximately 2” past the roll bar towards the rear glass of the Jeep, and the balance of the 21” projects toward the driver and passenger seats.

bonniejf

First Name
Bonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL
I like how the vector off road one mounts in a few different places - it doesn't look like it would move in an accident. The amazon ones have to be assembled inside the jeep with 16 screws/washers. Mine is mounted like it is because I never could get it assembled "square" around the rear roll bars so I just screwed it to the 2x4s and that eliminated that problem. Mine stays in the jeep all the time. I use the REI pack away cubes in a few different sizes with my camping gear in them. I bungee the handles to the sides of the rack and stack them 2 high. Before I mounted this rack, I had bought a 1x10x10 (I think 10' - probably want to measure that) at Home Depot and had them cut it in half. I cut a 1x strip and screwed it to the underside of the wood around the hard top bolts and laid both pieces side by side across the back just behind the front seats. I cannot find a picture of it but it also worked just fine.
Sponsored