2 Door Love

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 2 DR Jeep Wrangler Sport JL, 18 BMW M2
Is that a 2in lift with 33s? I’m thinking about adding a 2in lift but wanna keep the KO2s that came stock. Looking for pics with that setup. Cheers.
Yes. I have since moved to 35's but 33's with a 2" lift aren't that bad IMO, at least not with Dynatrack. I'm not sure about Mopar.

From what I've seen, the 2 door Jeeps don't look as awkward as 4 door Jeeps when lifted with 33's.

Having said that, it still leaves quite a bit of space in the wheel-well. The picture you see is a decent pic and with my Jeep with a bunch of stuff in the back. Here's a pic right after I got it done, to give you some perspective.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door Love 20210709_172721
Sponsored

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
the issue with 2 doors and EV is space for batteries. The 2 door wrangler EV was just a concept. But we will see.
I believe solid state batteries with a 450 Wh/Kg will be the inflection point to make the conversion to BEV. I really am hoping that the next few SEMA shows bring an ever increasing number of battery conversions for the Wrangler. Electric is the future and I would love to keep all my upgrades on my Jeep and simply convert it. I want my 6-speed and the rest of the mechanical driveline. This will make it far easier for the aftermarket if it is "simply" and engine, fuel tank and refueling solution.

MattT69

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
the issue with 2 doors and EV is space for batteries. The 2 door wrangler EV was just a concept. But we will see.
Because Jeep decided to only give 2 engine options for the 2 door Wrangler, I am going to go for the HEMI swap into my 2 door... Ive seen a hellcat build and it wicked fast... but will be a long time down the road given my 2018 JLR only has 18K miles. Maybe by then there will be a PHEV kit that can be added to my 2L turbo by then. FULL EV is not for me...

At Risk Ute

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
‘94 YJ, ‘21 JLR, ‘22 JLUR XR, ‘23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
Traded in my bare bones ‘19 Sport for a ‘21 Rubcion thanks to the current insane used car market. Want to build to 37s someday.

Switched to a hardtop, turbo, and auto, but couldn’t bring myself to change colors or number of doors!

Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door Love 53784ADD-4D5B-4E34-8A61-E7750D922C4A

Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door Love 941AB477-5112-420A-8F27-94FCC3780A9D

Sponsored

navyflyer

First Name
“Chopper” Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi
Occupation
Airline pilot
Yes. I have since moved to 35's but 33's with a 2" lift aren't that bad IMO, at least not with Dynatrack. I'm not sure about Mopar.

From what I've seen, the 2 door Jeeps don't look as awkward as 4 door Jeeps when lifted with 33's.

Having said that, it still leaves quite a bit of space in the wheel-well. The picture you see is a decent pic and with my Jeep with a bunch of stuff in the back. Here's a pic right after I got it done, to give you some perspective.

20210709_172721.jpeg
That’s the exact shot I was looking for, thanks so much! Nice looking Jeep.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I really like the lift and I installed it 2 yrs. and roughly 12,000 miles ago by the O.D.. I flat tow my JLR to trail heads and thats another 30K. Add frt. LCAs for more castor, an adj. front T.B and a relocation bracket to the rear yo center body over chassis and you are good to go. 37" Cooper STT Pros fit nicely and are amazing on the trail BTW.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MattT69

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Traded in my bare bones ‘19 Sport for a ‘21 Rubcion thanks to the current insane used car market. Want to build to 37s someday.

Switched to a hardtop, turbo, and auto, but couldn’t bring myself to change colors or number of doors!

Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door Love jl at bumble bee ck, az
Nice upgrade! I also recently changed to a 2-door-auto-turbo and life is STILL good 👍 ENJOY 😊 PS: If there was a turbo manual available that would have been even GOODER 😉

At Risk Ute

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
‘94 YJ, ‘21 JLR, ‘22 JLUR XR, ‘23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
Nice upgrade! I also recently changed to a 2-door-auto-turbo and life is STILL good 👍 ENJOY 😊 PS: If there was a turbo manual available that would have been even GOODER 😉
My left foot keeps stomping air when I push the start button!

Completely agree despite my clutch grenading at 1K miles. Crazy the turbo is too much for the manual (not much more torque than the 3.6L).

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I really like the lift and I installed it 2 yrs. and roughly 12,000 miles ago by the O.D.. I flat tow my JLR to trail heads and thats another 30K. Add frt. LCAs for more castor, an adj. front T.B and a relocation bracket to the rear yo center body over chassis and you are good to go. 37" Cooper STT Pros fit nicely and are amazing on the trail BTW.
Ben, I thought you sold it, but saw that FS thread deleted, so I guess you're still behind the wheel on that one???

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Ben, I thought you sold it, but saw that FS thread deleted, so I guess you're still behind the wheel on that one???
I still have it for now. I did sell my RV which was it's tow vehicle. I have no plans for a replacement RV, they are all built so poorly IMO. I will be trying to camp out of the JLR but not excited about that Haha. I might list it again early next year.
Sponsored