Not open for further replies.

AdHerp

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jk -> 2018 JL
Ordered 4 door.... but i Love the 2 door.... i so want to cancel and reorder for a 2 door, but i have a guy and kiddo to think of.... she prob wouldnt like climbing into the back seat. Ugh. So very tempted tho.....
I spent my childhood climbing in the back of hatchbacks and sports cars and didn’t think anything of it. A Jeep is a big purchase, make it exactly what you want!
Sponsored

stoowie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
This will be my third 2 dr when I get it and to mer a Jeep is a 2 Dr with soft top and rubber fenders! Lover the raked windshield

Bkenyon53

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro SS; 2016 JKU; 1971 VW Beetle
I think the rake stands out wayyyy more on the 2 door...
It really does! I think it's because of the vertical face of the rear being closer to the windshield. I'm thinking a sloped softtop will either make it better or REALLY goofy looking. Haha, it could go either way.

I was always someone that liked the looks of the 2Dr over the 4Dr for proportions but not anymore.

drbsp

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Wrangler Unlimited 75th Anniversary Edition
Ordered 4 door.... but i Love the 2 door.... i so want to cancel and reorder for a 2 door, but i have a guy and kiddo to think of.... she prob wouldnt like climbing into the back seat. Ugh. So very tempted tho.....
Don't do it. I had the same dilemma in 2007 when I had a 5 year old and a 3 year old and chose the 2 door. It was a big mistake and have done Unlimited ever since.

Sponsored

drbsp

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't do it. I had the same dilemma in 2007 when I had a 5 year old and a 3 year old and chose the 2 door. It was a big mistake and have done Unlimited ever since.
I admit that I like the look of the 2 door better. However, from a practical standpoint the 2 door (and I have owned both) is more like a compact car spacewise and that gets old quickly. Not to mention, the difficulty of loading people in and out of the back seat. If you are single and don't haul people and gear around then I would say maybe but otherwise I can't see a 2 door. About as practical as a Smart Car

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Ugh reality check HURTS SO MUCH! The other 4 jeeps I have had were all 2 doors and yes I got rid of one when I was tired of loading the car seat into the back... so I know the JLU is the appropriate and sensible choice, but my heart is a 2door lover. I swear world as soon as my youngest gets her first car ( 5 yrs come on already) I will leave the lot with a 2 door for her and a 2 door for me. (She is already designing her dream jeep in her head complete with lift kit and winch). Thx for the opinions, I know I know I know 4 door makes sense, so I will just jeep waiting on my current order! And maybe build a TJ for fun on the side!

drbsp

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ugh reality check HURTS SO MUCH! The other 4 jeeps I have had were all 2 doors and yes I got rid of one when I was tired of loading the car seat into the back... so I know the JLU is the appropriate and sensible choice, but my heart is a 2door lover. I swear world as soon as my youngest gets her first car ( 5 yrs come on already) I will leave the lot with a 2 door for her and a 2 door for me. (She is already designing her dream jeep in her head complete with lift kit and winch). Thx for the opinions, I know I know I know 4 door makes sense, so I will just jeep waiting on my current order! And maybe build a TJ for fun on the side!
Sorry for the reality check, I am with you regarding the trade offs we make in life. If I was wealthy enough to have two, one would be a 2 door!

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I know the feeling. I miss my JY and I was committed to getting a 2-door until I took my family (wife + 2 teenagers) to the lot with me. We all climbed in one and that was the end of that. I am getting a 4-door for a daily driver and one day I will get another YJ on the side.

Hazmater911

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR, Silver, 2006 TJ (for sale)
If I had another 4 door vehicle like my Suburban, definitely would get a two door. My two boys are grown and on their own and just had two grandchildren born. Way worth it just for them! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.