Sponsored

Spotted a new 2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Moab at my local dealer today!!!

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Well not really. I have a Rubi with those options. I checked almost every box besides the headliner and maybe one other and that was my MSRP.

As they say there is an a$$ for every seal but man I just don't get it. that price and none of the "capable" items.
I had just priced one out on Jeep.com for 56,500ish with most of the same goodies as the Moab... Price hikes I bet. I've heard a lot of people complain about that.
Sponsored

Luvmejeeps

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport. 2004 TJ
Yup...who am i to say they shouldn't buy this and get a rubi. I know i came off sounding like a hater or a troll,but i was trying to make the point if you intended to wheel it more than a few times a year then get a rubi for the same price and have a lil more capability. But some just want the looks to drive to the mall,n that fits this category well. Itll still give her hell offroad tho if folks wanna wheel a moab edition. Its still a jeep. :)

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Yup...who am i to say they shouldn't buy this and get a rubi. I know i came off sounding like a hater or a troll,but i was trying to make the point if you intended to wheel it more than a few times a year then get a rubi for the same price and have a lil more capability. But some just want the looks to drive to the mall,n that fits this category well. Itll still give her hell offroad tho if folks wanna wheel a moab edition. Its still a jeep. :)
heh, even a stock Sport or Sahara will kill a trail! I take mine out and got through axle deep mud with very little effort with the All Terrain tires. Now Imagine the Mud Terrains on a Moab, probably suck on road but would take what I did and not even flinch.

Yammyhaha

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito MOAB/Audi A6/BMW Z3/Saab 9-5/Saab 9-3 Conv
I went to pick up the license plates for my new Jeep today at my local dealer and spotted a new Moab! They said it was delivered just 3 days ago!!

Cool!

It even came from the factory with the Mopar headliners?!?!? I’m surprised a Moab comes from factory with a a headliner but a Sahara doesn’t? Or does a Sahara come with a headliner only if you order your own?

Enjoy the pictures!

zQxSHtU5TauXCdUwuwX7YQ.jpg

yS8Z0MajQfePAtwXed+vWQ.jpg

rUfZ4JboT2un6CCgf3vpVg.jpg

GxwyjwaMTV2vowimwjJOig.jpg

DBy9GshkQD20CxssRk3vag.jpg

AkOi+1uGRICgNLRlJVmIXw.jpg

kIHMYxe7RgWIweTKU1kTQg.jpg

xMPZtRVcQES%0qIfSbWtoA.jpg

WInrNEA4RIG%U00kqoZv0Q.jpg

MPJjdRrERzqwqimnNKoc3w.jpg

cjQ3QUd5Qui5hl3hsN7Qkg.jpg

zF8Ug4swSuu4oV2Y4mBhXA.jpg

AHLMnmZISEWSCBKL9oru4A.jpg

DYQEmUeWSIWE4n1sMbhsrA.jpg

View attachment 96857
Great pictures! Thanks for posting. Looks like nitrogen fill on tires.

Yammyhaha

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito MOAB/Audi A6/BMW Z3/Saab 9-5/Saab 9-3 Conv
Some of us had no choice. My wife needs the Select Trac and I was going to get her all the bells and whistles anyway. My son saw the Moab and said get that one as it looked sharp with the aggressive hood, etc. If I was going to be the primary driver I would have gotten the Rubicon just because I could
Well not really. I have a Rubi with those options. I checked almost every box besides the headliner and maybe one other and that was my MSRP.

As they say there is an a$$ for every seal but man I just don't get it. that price and none of the "capable" items.
Well most of these vehicles will never see red rock country or Moab not to say this jeep can't do it. I'm pretty sure it can handle more than let on. I ordered a 2019 Mojito MOAB for my wife as a surprise Christmas present. Never ever knew she wanted a Jeep until last year. She is not mechanically inclined so Selec-Trac was a must have so the only option was the Sahara. I had priced up a loaded Sahara, but after discussing with my sons, we all agreed the MOAB was the one to get as it was more aggressive looking which appealed to us males. For the moderate additional cost over the loaded Sahara, I got some nice additions that could not be ordered with the Sahara. So now you know how I justify getting a MOAB. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Sponsored

MrMoab

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Moab
I’ve ordered a Moab and glad I did. It was the right combo for me. The Moab will be my daily driver and I need a nicer interior that I can drive customers around in and I really didn’t like the red dash and red accents/stitching of the rubicon. Plus I’m pretty sure the Moab will handle all of the Jeep trails I can throw at it since I live in the Midwest. Also if you price out a loaded Sahara and a loaded Moab the Moab is a much better value and looks better in my opinion because of the Rubi hood, heavy duty rock rails, upgraded Rims and all the black accents. A loaded up Rubicon with similar options was $2355 more and another $1295 if I would have added the steel bumper pkg to the Rubicon (Moab comes with front steel bumper included). So for me it was a matter of not paying for something I wasn’t going to use anyways.

I’m a Jeep newbie though and called myself MrMoab and I live in the Midwest so what do I know ✌

Last edited:

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Freedom Ed. 2005 Hummer H2 SUT
Must see a Mojito Moab!,!!!!!!!!

I don’t not like the black wheels though! Stock Rubicons are much cooler...even though these are the exact same style/pattern justball black.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Must see a Mojito Moab!,!!!!!!!!

I don’t not like the black wheels though! Stock Rubicons are much cooler...even though these are the exact same style/pattern justball black.
they look more aggressive in all black. i like it. that's a good looking jeep.

person500

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU Moab Edition, 2018 JLU Sahara
Exactly what I was thinking. Anyone know if it is possible to order those wheels on the aftermarket?

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Exactly what I was thinking. Anyone know if it is possible to order those wheels on the aftermarket?
If you could order the stock Rubicon wheels you can probably order the MOAB ones. But you may have to wait for inventory to catch up for demand. New MOABs will probably have priority, but if you wait a few months they may be available.

Sponsored

henryphoto1

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.danhenryphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
JLUS
Occupation
Photographer
If you could order the stock Rubicon wheels you can probably order the MOAB ones. But you may have to wait for inventory to catch up for demand. New MOABs will probably have priority, but if you wait a few months they may be available.

are these the MOAB's?

Screen Shot 2018-11-13 at 4.51.53 PM.jpg

DJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MOAB JL 2018
I went to pick up the license plates for my new Jeep today at my local dealer and spotted a new Moab! They said it was delivered just 3 days ago!!

Cool!

It even came from the factory with the Mopar headliners?!?!? I’m surprised a Moab comes from factory with a a headliner but a Sahara doesn’t? Or does a Sahara come with a headliner only if you order your own?

Enjoy the pictures!

zQxSHtU5TauXCdUwuwX7YQ.jpg

yS8Z0MajQfePAtwXed+vWQ.jpg

rUfZ4JboT2un6CCgf3vpVg.jpg

GxwyjwaMTV2vowimwjJOig.jpg

DBy9GshkQD20CxssRk3vag.jpg

AkOi+1uGRICgNLRlJVmIXw.jpg

kIHMYxe7RgWIweTKU1kTQg.jpg

xMPZtRVcQES%0qIfSbWtoA.jpg

WInrNEA4RIG%U00kqoZv0Q.jpg

MPJjdRrERzqwqimnNKoc3w.jpg

cjQ3QUd5Qui5hl3hsN7Qkg.jpg