Sponsored

2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06
I know that 2drs are not scheduled to begin production until Feb 12 and then it will only be hardtops for the next month. My experience with factory orders is only with GM, and in that case, orders were scheduled 3 to 4 weeks out. Since we’re getting in that range, I’m curious if that is the same for FCA and whether any 2dr orders have been picked up and scheduled.
Sponsored

Idaho_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Utility Trailer
Have a two door, hardtop rubicon, ordered December 5th. Nothing showing up, as of yet. Guessing it'll be updated any day though.

OP
OP
warc1

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I placed my order for a 2dr hardtop Rubi on January 8 so I know I’ll be behind a backlog once production starts. For now, I’m just trying to get a feel if there has been any indicators that the build process for these vehicles is beginning. I’m like a kid: “I want my car now!”, even though I know that ain’t happening.

Idaho_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Utility Trailer
Kinda like a 5year old looking at that package under the tree! Enjoy the anticipation, it's priceless (in a lot of ways). Good time to line up accessories, plan trips, help keep us occupied on these forums. You'll enjoy the Jeep that much more once it arrives. Wishing you the best for an early arrival.

OP
OP
warc1

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. Looks like my wish may be coming true faster than I thought. My dealer just emailed me an updated printout of my build sheet which has the status upgraded to “D - Firm schedule serial number is assigned”. I’m working on getting the scheduled build week and VIN from my dealer now. Time to call your dealer. Given that you are a month ahead of me in the queue, you should at least be at the same stage.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
I ordered my 2 door Rubi on 1-1 and haven't heard anything yet. Not worried about tho, it will show up when it shows up. I am looking at accessories and possible mods to keep me sane

OP
OP
warc1

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I now see that the order printout actually has the VON# and VIN# in addition to order status: "D - Firm schedule:serial number is assigned". My previous experience with factory ordering was for a 2016 Corvette and there was a projected build week assigned by GM when it was scheduled. Is this the same at FCA, and if so, can the dealer look it up?

I am aware of the sticky tracking thread, but it is currently closed so it looks like I have to rely on my dealer, or possibly, FCA customer service. Does FCA customer service provide tracking info?

Last edited:
OP
OP
warc1

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered my 2 door Rubi on 1-1 and haven't heard anything yet. Not worried about tho, it will show up when it shows up. I am looking at accessories and possible mods to keep me sane
You might want to check with your dealer now. Given that I've been scheduled as a Canadian order one week after you, I can't imagine that I'd be ahead of you in line. It's looking like scheduling 2drs may have started up today since I was at BX status (Good order available for scheduling) as late as Friday. As far as I can tell, I am the first one on this forum reporting a confirmed, scheduled 2dr.

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
I will reach out to my guy in the am

Idaho_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Utility Trailer
Most of the discussion points have been discussed in the, "Tracking your Jeep Wrangler Order" Forum.
This being specifically for two door is interesting though.
As for scheduling:
1.) D = firm schedule: serial number assigned.
2.) D-1 status may be what you're looking for. D-1 = Gateline: plant has sequenced the unit for production.
At lot of either two or four door have been in "D" for many weeks.
It'll happen, no worries.

Sponsored

OP
OP
warc1

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Most of the discussion points have been discussed in the, "Tracking your Jeep Wrangler Order" Forum.
This being specifically for two door is interesting though.
As for scheduling:
1.) D = firm schedule: serial number assigned.
2.) D-1 status may be what you're looking for. D-1 = Gateline: plant has sequenced the unit for production.
At lot of either two or four door have been in "D" for many weeks.
It'll happen, no worries.
Yeah, I've been through this before. In 2015, it took 11 weeks from the time that I placed an order for a 2016 Corvette Z06 at a dealer with allocation until it was delivered. If this one comes within 11 weeks, I'll actually be happy, because, as best I can tell, 2dr's won't enter the production line for another 4 weeks, and I have no idea how much of a backlog is in front of me.

Like you said, I'm the 5yr old looking under the tree. I even know from experience that the arrival will have some degree of anticlimax after the anticipation, but that doesn't make the wait any easier;)

TsundereKaho

First Name
Kaho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 YJ, 12 JK Rubicon
Where I live I was told it would be around August for what I wanted (2 dr Rubicon with the powered top). I live in the middle of Oregon though and not a big city so that might have a lot to do with it.

Idaho_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Utility Trailer
Where I live I was told it would be around August for what I wanted (2 dr Rubicon with the powered top). I live in the middle of Oregon though and not a big city so that might have a lot to do with it.
Is there a, "Powered Top" option? Is that like the four door sliding canvas sunroof?

HumbleJLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 TJ Rubicon; 18 Audi S5 SB
I ordered a 2 door Rubicon on 1/10.
Got an email from my sales guy two days later on 1/12 with a new build sheet and a VIN assigned.
Time will tell.