Sponsored

2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

LydiaSP613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
I’ve been missing in action and it’s nice to see originals still on here and some new members too! My first day of summer vacation started with my Jeep getting delivered. But I’ve had a whirlwind of a summer with my mom having a major heart attack and passing away. We have spent the past couple of weeks trying to catch up on the summer we lost (All of July). Today we had our last beach day before I start back to school! I was able to get a nice picture before the sun set.

B2B2232D-CEF9-4325-BEBF-BBC4B9816A64.jpeg
Keeping you in my thoughts & sending positivity & strength your way!

CatskillsAlex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-door Rubicon
Time for a gathering!

giphy.gif

Congratulations Alex!

Enjoy the new temptations. (I could go over/around/through that...Roads? We don't need roads.)
You definitely get the feeling you’re unstoppable! I swear I was even hitting the ball better - just knowing there was a JL waiting for me made me feel stronger...

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I’ve been missing in action and it’s nice to see originals still on here and some new members too! My first day of summer vacation started with my Jeep getting delivered. But I’ve had a whirlwind of a summer with my mom having a major heart attack and passing away. We have spent the past couple of weeks trying to catch up on the summer we lost (All of July). Today we had our last beach day before I start back to school! I was able to get a nice picture before the sun set.

Welcome back!

My condolences for your loss. Best wishes for your peace.

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon

Sorry to hear about your Mom.

CatskillsAlex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-door Rubicon

Welcome back, Melissa. Terribly sorry for your loss. May your JL bring you many smiles, as this beautiful sunset surely did.

JeepVirgin

First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sport S

Melissa, so sorry to hear about your mom. My heartfelt condolences go out to you. Lovely picture by the way.

Sponsored

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
737EBF73-E9B9-4C5D-9399-9AFEAC371926.jpeg

I just received my Cobra 75WXST compact remote CB. Check it out, when you're not using it you can unplug it and take it in the house. There's a spot to mount my antenna on my tailgate reinforcement plate but somebody makes a mount that bolts on to the stock tire carrier. I liked this model because you can set up a different vehicle for about $30 and just take the mike & plug it in. Will let you know when I get it installed.

I just received my CB pictured. I liked this one because we’re so cramped for space & everything is in the handset. You just have to mount a power/antenna block somewhere & plug into it. You can also buy an additional block to mount in a second vehicle. I’ve got a spot to mount the antenna on my tailgate reinforcement but I’ve seen a bracket that bolts on to the stock tire carrier. I’ll report back when I get it installed.

Sorry for the double post, wanted to include the picture!
Thanks Tom!

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
It’s here!!! And it’s perfect. :involve: :involve: :involve:
I stopped for a few holes of golf and won’t be home until after nightfall. More / better shots to come soon!

View attachment 83162
“It” Alex? What’s up with the name? Still thinking? Come on, enough win all this tearing. After golf, what, manicure?? You got to give, girl! We’ve been waiting for your baby and now we want to know everything! (Xoxo)

JeepVirgin

First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sport S
It’s here!!! And it’s perfect. :involve: :involve: :involve:
I stopped for a few holes of golf and won’t be home until after nightfall. More / better shots to come soon!

View attachment 83162
Congrats Alex!!! AWESOME colour!!! :rock: Glad you love it. I've had mine for almost two months and I still look forward to driving it. Sometimes that's the only thing that gets me out of bed in the morning! lol :giggle:

CatskillsAlex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-door Rubicon
“It” Alex? What’s up with the name? Still thinking? Come on, enough win all this tearing. After golf, what, manicure?? You got to give, girl! We’ve been waiting for your baby and now we want to know everything! (Xoxo)
Ha ha I’m not much of a namer, I guess... Just give us a few days to get better acquainted! :)

All right, here are a few early impressions!

- The backseat is already out, and it’s not coming back... The rear felt a bit cramped with my recreational gear piled up, but without the backseat it seems perfect.
- I love, love, love the Turbo so far. I haven’t driven on highways yet (and will try not to push too hard for the first couple hundred miles), but it feels great on local roads and mountain roads. Really smooth, responsive and downright fun. It feels like it has quite a bit of power in store - again I haven’t pushed it yet, but it feels really effortless and like it has plenty of acceleration in reserve.
- The cabin feels so quiet and civilized!!! I know this may be blasphemy to some Jeep purists, but I’m really enjoying this. I have the hardtop headliners, the Alpine with active noise cancellation and the Turbo: I am not sure which of those theee factors is contributing the most, but I’m loving the end result. Has a Jeep ever been described as... serene? ;)
- The Infotainment is freakin’ awesome. The sound is markedly purer and clearer than in my previous vehicle, which was already decent (2015). Very noticeable difference. I could listen to similar quality in my living room without feeling shortchanged. The screens also have plenty of gadgets - I haven’t really played with them yet, but it’s pretty spiffy.
- A silly little thing: I’m having fun opening and closing the trunk. Yet another thing to remind me that this is not a car!
- Still trying to figure out a graceful way to get in and out of my Rubicon when I’m wearing a skirt. Work in progress! If any lady Jeeper here has some good tips... ;)

Lastly, I saw two deers on the golf course at dusk and thought of TJ’s recent pic (mine is sub-par, sorry - by the time I stopped enjoying the sight and remembered to grab my iPhone they had already moved further away).

upload_2018-8-28_22-15-40.jpeg