keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
@keda69

Ace recommends blue/Medium Strength. Mechanic/ Techs, etc. will tell you blue/ Medium Strength. You do not want to use red!

Yeah, yeah....You aren't planning to take them off, but who the hell knows what the future will bring.

Maybe they creak, squeak and you need to get a new version as the JLU guys had to do... Maybe you get into a fender bender and they have to be pulled so they can do the repair... and on and on.

You do want to be able to get them off without a major pain in the future, if necessary.

Recommend you use the blue and be sure you torque to 80ft/lb,. just as Ace recommends.

Do know that RED Loctite is only removable once cured by heating up the parts it is on to 500°F (260°C).
Every thing you said is 100% true! , but i still use red loctite on all my mods :)
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Every thing you said is 100% true! , but i still use red loctite on all my mods :)
@keda69
That's cool.. It's not my vehicle...

You are young, you will learn over time... 8-)

Said a 69yo, Father of 5, that has been there done that... Ho, ho, ho...

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
@keda69
That's cool.. It's not my vehicle...

You are young, you will learn over time... 8-)

Said a 69yo, Father of 5, that has been there done that... Ho, ho, ho...
I'm not that young 47 father of 3 , but i just had a stupid little piece fall off my jeep , because i believed the direction that a loc washer was good enough" even though i knew better" one day of wheeling was all it took for that part to fall off!

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Hey everyone! Crazy day at work for me.

My Ace Sliders will be here on Saturday, friend from work is coming by Sunday to help put them on. She is super into Jeeps, does most of her own work, and wanted to come help. Gonna let her take it for a drive too, for fun and to see how it handles. And while we are at it check underneath and make sure everything’s Kosher.

Regarding locking lug nuts, seems Jeep fixed that problem at some point. And by that I mean it was not listed on my build sheet.

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
Christina, Oh I hate to lose. :giggle: Dave did find it on his build sheet. He will
get one and so should you. All the BS we put up with waiting we deserve
this small item. Let's not let Jeep get away with this. It is thousands in
their pocket because they think we won't bother with it. And yes my dealer
put on 5 as they really can't break a set. AND don't forget to get the socket
that goes with it --AND DO NOT PAY FOR THIS as you already have done so.
I need to go to dealer Saturday to change my punctured tire. I will ask for them, I will look at my build sheet and show them. Promise!

Sponsored

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
Not that I want to get it or anything, but what is Blue Locite?
It's a thread locker , helps keep your bolts on through all the bouncing , jarring , and vibration your jeep will go through.

Circlep

First Name
DeWayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport 04Chevy 2500HD/ duramax, Yamaha Royal Star Venture
Not that I want to get it or anything, but what is Blue Locite?
The blue is the removable type loctite so that you can still remove the bolt when needed. Don't use the red unless you don't want to remove the bolt. It can be remove but it takes some work.

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
Ok another question has anyone found a tail gate plate? all i see so far is the poison spyder, and its on back order and i dont really like it.

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
Orderd the bartact seat cover set up was like $300 and sum change they told me 4-5 weeks. I orderd black n red it was the first available for building process. I’m not too far from Cali I might just pick them up late August when I go for my b-day to see my buddy that lives in chino.
@jlopes68 you still enjoying them? Does the zipper pocket on the bottom of the cover rub on your legs like if you have shorts on ?
it hasnt yet, it is kind of rounded, we had a set before that i had to keep that pouch zipped open to be comfy and i have not had to do that we these.

Sponsored

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
I know some people have bought the ace sliders, has anyone put them on yet? What do you think of them?
my thought on the ace ones were that you lost too much breakover angle if you were to actually wheel your rig, if they are for just looks, then they look ok. plus there was the weight issue, they double up under the stock rubi rails it looks like. i am very interested to see all these installs tho.

Last edited:

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
my thought on the ace ones were that you lost too much breakover angle if you were to actually wheel your rig, if they are for just looks, then they look ok. plus there was the weight issue, they double up under the stock rubi rails it looks like. i am very interested to see all these installs tho.
I thought you said you were looking at them?. aren't you going to lose some break over angle with any sliders you put on? if not how much protection could they really be giving you?

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
The wrangler I ordered is en-route to Salt Lake City

Unfortunately, I have decided to go a different route. I will not be accepting delivery of the base-model blue beauty. Thought I'd let this great forum know.

Jax2578

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
The wrangler I ordered is en-route to Salt Lake City

Unfortunately, I have decided to go a different route. I will not be accepting delivery of the base-model blue beauty. Thought I'd let this great forum know.
Are you still getting a wrangler?
Sponsored