2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

Sydneytola

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner OffRoad; 2018 JL 2 Door, Ordered 1/24
Some of my experiences so far (3weeks)....JL Sport Base. Jeep drives very smooth compared to JK (owned 2 different JKs). 6 speed is like butter unless I am teaching the wife! Gas mileage has been above expectations. 28 or so when I drive conservatively on the hwy. I find that to be a serious win compared to the auto JK. HWY driving is smooth, have not experienced any steering issues after dropping my tire PSI from 48 this 35. It was squirrelly as shit before I dropper the air pressure. Soft top is soooo awesome compared to before. Far and away better than the JK. I don’t like the auto stop/start. Especially with the manual. I will buy the Tazer JL when I can afford it. I am looking for rubi take offs. Buddy of mine has wheels and tires in KC. Just ordered. So I will hopefully be picking those up in 8 weeks or so.

jpalazz2

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Volt, Honda CB500x
Phoned up the 866 number today. Really nice lady on the phone, she said she can look and see where my train was at. She asked if I knew where final destination would be and when I told her she said, "Oh well they unloaded it there this morning!". Damn near jumped outta my skin in the middle of the office at work haha.

Seems like the last of us February people hangin around are finally going to take delivery this week. I'm betting I'll be able to get it on Thursday. I'm really antsy now that I know it's only about 30-40 minutes away from me on a rail lot :)

gabeguy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Rubi (SOLD) , 2007 FJ Cruiser, 1954 Willys
I’ve been missing in action because my mom has been in the hospital. She had a heart attack today. I am so behind on the posts. But I came home today and this was in the mail! It made me smile today!

E3C7F541-BA05-4C8D-AC42-2B6F356A32D0.jpeg
OMG, I hope she's OK! Thoughts are with you!

Sponsored

CatskillsAlex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-door Rubicon
I’ve been missing in action because my mom has been in the hospital. She had a heart attack today. I am so behind on the posts. But I came home today and this was in the mail! It made me smile today!

E3C7F541-BA05-4C8D-AC42-2B6F356A32D0.jpeg
Melissa - Very best wishes to your Mom for a prompt recovery. Our thoughts are with you both.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Some of my experiences so far (3weeks)....JL Sport Base. Jeep drives very smooth compared to JK (owned 2 different JKs). 6 speed is like butter unless I am teaching the wife! Gas mileage has been above expectations. 28 or so when I drive conservatively on the hwy. I find that to be a serious win compared to the auto JK. HWY driving is smooth, have not experienced any steering issues after dropping my tire PSI from 48 this 35. It was squirrelly as shit before I dropper the air pressure. Soft top is soooo awesome compared to before. Far and away better than the JK. I don’t like the auto stop/start. Especially with the manual. I will buy the Tazer JL when I can afford it. I am looking for rubi take offs. Buddy of mine has wheels and tires in KC. Just ordered. So I will hopefully be picking those up in 8 weeks or so.
My plan with my Sport as well--Rubicon takeoffs. Why pay for the Sport S rims when you're just gonna throw them away?

I've been very concerned about the steering issues many have had here. I'm gonna hope they don't show up during a thorough test drive of my order. If it does.... I might refuse delivery and take it as a sign from god to just get a Miata. Along with that other sign from god--the fkn recent $450 price hike. F*** this company.

These things are beauties, and the colors they've brought back are wonderful. I just wish they weren't trying so hard to price Joe Everyman out of the Wrangler, and turn it into a 100% rich man vehicle. The Wrangler and CJ were never meant to be "exclusive" vehicles.

If all goes well, and I accept delivery, a buddy and I will be taking it south to Moab in October--likely embarking on the White Rim Trail. Sounds like a wonderful life experience.

islandbunkie

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon
Omg, omg, omg!!!! Checked last about 8:30 or so. Ha! I’m on the truck!!!! ThanksMordin Solus!
You are about there too! It sure is nice to move!
You are 2 spots above me on JG. Great to see your Jeep is on a truck going to the dealer!!!!

Mine is on a train in Neenah Wisconsin. Yup, had to look that one up on a map

I do love JG and find myself checking it several times a day.

islandbunkie

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon
Phoned up the 866 number today. Really nice lady on the phone, she said she can look and see where my train was at. She asked if I knew where final destination would be and when I told her she said, "Oh well they unloaded it there this morning!". Damn near jumped outta my skin in the middle of the office at work haha.

Seems like the last of us February people hangin around are finally going to take delivery this week. I'm betting I'll be able to get it on Thursday. I'm really antsy now that I know it's only about 30-40 minutes away from me on a rail lot :)
Last of the February’s this week? What about those of us from January still waiting?

Good to see more deliveries.....

Sponsored

stoowie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL

stoowie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I totally agree with everything you posted. I have 2 Dr red Rubi stick and love it. As far as 6 speed it does feel like hot knife going through butter. However, first gear is a bit funky I can only go up to 3-4,000 RMP before going into second. Not an issue but just saying

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl

I know,after waiting so long it seems unreal. Hope to see your photos soon!!

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
You are 2 spots above me on JG. Great to see your Jeep is on a truck going to the dealer!!!!

Mine is on a train in Neenah Wisconsin. Yup, had to look that one up on a map

I do love JG and find myself checking it several times a day.
I agree, I check it at least 6-8 times, even if I know it’s not updated but 2-3 times usually. I thought the best part was when she was on the train, seeing the progress from Ohio to South Carolina. I felt part of it, and hoping she having fun with others of her kind!
Sponsored