2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

cmb

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
You going to the black Gorilla splined / system?

Black lugs will look great on that color JL.

Remember, 130 ft/lb torque for wheel lug nuts and 59 ft/lb on the spare tire lugs
Yes I am, have the box on my work bench just waiting for time to do it
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@cmb

Careful when doing the spare's lugs. Don't let the spare fall onto the camera housing as it will/can crack the housing. Do one lug at a time.
If you ever go to remove the spare, DO lift up and hold up the spare, being careful not to rest, come down on the camera housing with the spare.

Make sure when you refasten plastic camera guard, that you push back and then lock... then tug on the cover to be sure it is locked on... then push in a tad on the cover..

No, I have not had issues but have read where or forum member's have,,,

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
Yes I am, have the box on my work bench just waiting for time to do it
Swap out some of the lug studs with left hand threaded ones to make it even more difficult for the crooks... And anyone else wanting to change a tire... :) I remember in my younger days when some cars had left hand threaded ones on the driver's side of the car and right hand threaded ones on the other side. They did it because there was a concern that the rotation of the wheel might cause the nuts to loosen on the driver's side if they put right hand threaded nuts and studs there instead. Mix them up and if the person trying to steal your tires doesn't know it, the odds are that he will turn them the wrong way and either not be able to get them loose or he'll break the lugs in the process. Probably not going to break the lugs unless he had an air wrench or a cheater bar to put on the tire iron.

Sponsored

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
You don’t wanna bother with a custom order?
If I knew I fit for sure I might have preordered, (I hit head in JK on sportbar) I seem to fit tightly in 4 door JLU so hoping 2 door is same.

Honestly, I thought I would have gotten one 3 months ago max, but its OK no need to rush, waiting a bit lets them work out issues, and let people who really need to get one early get theres. Kinda silly, but I wanna drive it first and get the one that "feels right".

cmb

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
@cmb

Careful when doing the spare's lugs. Don't let the spare fall onto the camera housing as it will/can crack the housing. Do one lug at a time.
If you ever go to remove the spare, DO lift up and hold up the spare, being careful not to rest, come down on the camera housing with the spare.

Make sure when you refasten plastic camera guard, that you push back and then lock... then tug on the cover to be sure it is locked on... then push in a tad on the cover..

No, I have not had issues but have read where or forum member's have,,,
Thanks for the advise on this, will take my time

Sweetwater

First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2018 Compass Trailhawk
Here are a few pics.

20180704_120532_resized.jpg

20180704_184408_resized.jpg

20180704_184415_resized.jpg

20180704_184424_resized.jpg

20180704_184438_resized.jpg
So very nice. Relax and enjoy it as it is like no other and you are about to find out !!
Don't forget to call 877# and get your owners manual.
And you will get the extra warranty offer soon by Email.

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
If I knew I fit for sure I might have preordered, (I hit head in JK on sportbar) I seem to fit tightly in 4 door JLU so hoping 2 door is same.

Honestly, I thought I would have gotten one 3 months ago max, but its OK no need to rush, waiting a bit lets them work out issues, and let people who really need to get one early get theres. Kinda silly, but I wanna drive it first and get the one that "feels right".
I could have ordered earlier, but I also wanted to test drive one to see if it was acceptable from an acceleration standpoint. I was getting rid of my Ram 1500 with the Hemi, so I didn't want to go down too far in acceleration. I know what you mean about hitting your head though. My wife's car is a 335d and for me to get in or out of it, it's a bit of a contortionist thing. The only way I can do it is if I lean far back and stick my head in the upper rear corner of the door opening and even then, it scrapes a bit. She likes it though, so I guess that makes it alright? :)

Rlc2009

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JL 2dr Rubi 15’ Yamaha FZ-07 Yamaha 17’yz250f
Occupation
Union journeyman lineman
To all my 2 door peeps is anyone using there motorcycle with there rig like a rack? I race motorcross and was thinking about doing the ultimate MX hauler or a rack like in the pick

6DFA3EAC-4EDB-499C-911C-7E56CD30340F.png

Sponsored

OP
OP
warc1

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06
Purchased a new 2dr JL hardtop sport. Only 3 were available in all of South Florida.
Hope you get yours soon.
Got mine six weeks ago. Guessing you didn't notice that you quoted a 5 month old post. No problem. Hope you are enjoying yours as much as I am enjoying mine.
0R1A4801.jpg

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Rlc2009

What is total weight of bike with fluids, the carrier & straps combined?....

I'd say a no go though. Buy a little trailer to haul it with.

Also, with the Rubi and the fat spare, you will need a 6" or so, hitch extender so the bike clears the tire... this will compound the weight issue problem ..

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
@Rlc2009

What is total weight of bike with fluids, the carrier & straps combined?....

I'd say a no go though. Buy a little trailer to haul it with.

Also, with the Rubi and the fat spare, you will need a 6" or so, hitch extender so the bike clears the tire... this will compound the weight issue problem ..
Even with a class *4* receiver hitch, I wouldn't put a bike on the back of a vehicle like that. Now, if you had *3* of the receiver hitches and the carrier slipped into all of them at the same time, then I might trust the stability of it enough (for lighter bikes).

It would take much channel iron to turn an old boat trailer into a bike trailer though. It would be low enough to the ground that you could even put a heavy bike on it, probably without even having to crank it up.

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Got mine six weeks ago. Guessing you didn't notice that you quoted a 5 month old post. No problem. Hope you are enjoying yours as much as I am enjoying mine.
A *white* vehicle in *Canada*? That counts as camouflage, doesn't it? :)

Rlc2009

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JL 2dr Rubi 15’ Yamaha FZ-07 Yamaha 17’yz250f
Occupation
Union journeyman lineman
Even with a class *4* receiver hitch, I wouldn't put a bike on the back of a vehicle like that. Now, if you had *3* of the receiver hitches and the carrier slipped into all of them at the same time, then I might trust the stability of it enough (for lighter bikes).

It would take much channel iron to turn an old boat trailer into a bike trailer though. It would be low enough to the ground that you could even put a heavy bike on it, probably without even having to crank it up.
I have seen a lot of setups like this in Arizona my 2017 yz250f weighs 215lbs
This is the ultimate MX hauler with and extension
Thanks for advice guys !

27F0FFDF-FAC8-4161-BFD3-295B937E3255.jpeg
Sponsored