2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

SpaceDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
SpaceDog
Damn near 6 months later, my Wrangler has arrived. Trying to arrange to pick it up this evening.

I will say I'm a little salty I didn't get the same free extended protection offers from Jeep Support that some folks did(had a case open & was talking with Nicole), but w/e. At this point I'm just glad this crap is over.

EDIT: Dealer does not accept electronic money wires from banks for payment (wtf?), so my bank is overnighting a check. Should be able to pick up in the next day or so.

This whole experience has just been ridiculous.
Sponsored

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
i'd be ok if someone would give me an answer or state an action they have taken to change things. jeep chat, 866 number, nicole, dealer, and regional rep are all the same. we can't do anything. we can wait, watch status, and notify you when it changes....

my dealer was optimistic today because his status duplicated. Here was the june 25 update:
Truck Load Complete 06/25/18 03:42:00 PM ALBUQUERQUE, NM
Here is the july 2 update
Truck Load Complete 07/02/18 ALBUQUERQUE, NM

he says hey maybe that means its full now..... ai yi yi.... i say hey maybe it means its still in albuquerque 12 days after it got there

And yes, he's still offering to send a driver for me for $400
Yes, I saw that on JG; doesn’t make sense. But it will be released, can’t be delayed much longer. Myself I have mixed emotions with the Jeep so close. Some moments I’m excited and can’t wait, next minute anxiety. It’s been such a journey!

3uPh0riK

First Name
Christiaan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Ranger Wildtrak
I’ve had mine now for a little over a week. I’ve been trying to explain to my husband how it has felt a little shaky or sensitive on the highway. Well today I was on my way to the dealership to pick up my registration and I had a scare on the highway. It really had a wobble and my steering wheel was even shaking. Some f-bombs flew! I was so scared. The dealer got service right away when I got there and he took it for a test ride with me. Nothing happened. He took it in and and checked everything and deflated the tires. I’m hoping it will do the trick! Very scary!!
I had the same experience, I thought I might lose control on the highway. After that I drove a bit under the highway speed I just didnt feel safe driving 70.

Sure it could be "a jeep thing", I really dont know, I havnt owned one before. So far its the only thing I dont like

Dantequera

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon (on order...forever)
I had the same experience, I thought I might lose control on the highway. After that I drove a bit under the highway speed I just didnt feel safe driving 70.

Sure it could be "a jeep thing", I really dont know, I havnt owned one before. So far its the only thing I dont like
I remember in my 08 2 dr sahara driving well past the speedometer limit of 100 in Virginia on my way to tenneseee, if I had to guess I probably was going 110mph for several minutes since nobody was on the road and I could see for miles nobody in the distance. I didn't have any issue of these known jeep steering issues. everything felt normal to me. im hoping I wont have any issues with the JL...not that I plan on going that fast again.

Sweetwater

First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2018 Compass Trailhawk
Damn near 6 months later, my Wrangler has arrived. Trying to arrange to pick it up this evening.

I will say I'm a little salty I didn't get the same free extended protection offers from Jeep Support that some folks did(had a case open & was talking with Nicole), but w/e. At this point I'm just glad this crap is over.

EDIT: Dealer does not accept electronic money wires from banks for payment (wtf?), so my bank is overnighting a check. Should be able to pick up in the next day or so.

This whole experience has just been ridiculous.
You will get the offer about a week after you pick it up. I am so happy it is
finally over for you. You will love it. Such a long wait now enjoy it !!

PS: Check tire air pressure at dealer. If wrong give them heck !!!!!

Sponsored

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
Why do you want to scare these great people on this thread ? If you would research more
you will find all the issues were dated before the 2dr. build. What you posted is also 4dr.
Please find me a 2dr. that has this problem. And only 540 will be recalled 4dr's.
Note it states: SUV

Vehicles Affected: Approximately 540 model-year 2018 Jeep Wrangler SUVs

The Problem: The intermediate steering shaft may have not been properly welded and may split, causing a loss of steering responsiveness and increasing the risk of a crash.

The Fix: Dealers will inspect the intermediate steering shaft and replace, as as necessary, for free.
Its simply the first fix addressing steering issues, that you claim don't exist at all or isolated 1 or 2 with no recalls. Obviously 4 door production started earlier and will wring out the first round of issues before 2 doors.

Why would you not test drive and verify it steers ok at speed? Silly

Sweetwater

First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2018 Compass Trailhawk
Its simply the first fix addressing steering issues, that you claim don't exist at all or isolated 1 or 2 with no recalls. Obviously 4 door production started earlier and will wring out the first round of issues before 2 doors.

Why would you not test drive and verify it steers ok at speed? Silly
DUH I ordered 1-11-18. Test drive what ?? Stop this nonsense silly boy :giggle:
2dr's are safe and sound as ALL the problems were resolved before production started.
Just why can't you understand this ? :facepalm: I hope you find a JL you will like and drive
with no fear. Looking forward for pics and happiness from you. Let's get off this
issue as it has been proven not to exist in 2dr JL. I do not claim any where that 1 or 2
have this issue. I state Not any 2dr will have this issue. I gave you facts and dates of
when this occurred. Please find some thing else that really affects 2dr JL.

3uPh0riK

First Name
Christiaan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I remember in my 08 2 dr sahara driving well past the speedometer limit of 100 in Virginia on my way to tenneseee, if I had to guess I probably was going 110mph for several minutes since nobody was on the road and I could see for miles nobody in the distance. I didn't have any issue of these known jeep steering issues. everything felt normal to me. im hoping I wont have any issues with the JL...not that I plan on going that fast again.
From what I felt on my 300 mile drive I can promise you ill never dream of going 110mph. Like I said I didnt feel safe going 70. I think at 110 the Jeep will start doing backflips. Im a pretty good driver, so its not like im uncomfortable with driving. The Jeep was flopping about the road like a fish out of water I know its not the same thing but ive also owned a truck before so I have experience driving larger vehicles as well.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I wonder if these steering issues are due to the new pump?

I've got a bit over 750 miles in and things feel great to me. Tires at 36 psi and while it takes more attention, it still tracks better than my old LJ.

:movember:

Sponsored

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
From what I felt on my 300 mile drive I can promise you ill never dream of going 110mph. Like I said I didnt feel safe going 70. I think at 110 the Jeep will start doing backflips. Im a pretty good driver, so its not like im uncomfortable with driving. The Jeep was flopping about the road like a fish out of water I know its not the same thing but ive also owned a truck before so I have experience driving larger vehicles as well.
did you check tire pressure?

3uPh0riK

First Name
Christiaan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
did you check tire pressure?
I did at my first overnight stop, but didnt have a proper tire pressure gauge so admittedly the tires probably arent set 100%. They were at about 40 out of the shop, I lowered them to give or take 37. Ill probably go down to 35 and see how it drives over the next couple of weeks

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
DUH I ordered 1-11-18. Test drive what ?? Stop this nonsense silly boy :giggle:
2dr's are safe and sound as ALL the problems were resolved before production started.
Just why can't you understand this ? :facepalm: I hope you find a JL you will like and drive
with no fear. Looking forward for pics and happiness from you. Let's get off this
issue as it has been proven not to exist in 2dr JL. I do not claim any where that 1 or 2
have this issue. I state Not any 2dr will have this issue. I gave you facts and dates of
when this occurred. Please find some thing else that really affects 2dr JL.
Jeez dude you flat out make up stuff, and you got corrected, man up stop the flip flop.

I cant wait to hear the next flip flop. "No 2 doors that are blue, manufactured on Friday have any issues that I know of!"

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
I did at my first overnight stop, but didnt have a proper tire pressure gauge so admittedly the tires probably arent set 100%. They were at about 40 out of the shop, I lowered them to give or take 37. Ill probably go down to 35 and see how it drives over the next couple of weeks
check out the recommended tire pressure on the inside door tag.

Newbie4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
It was simply the tire pressure in my experience. Dealer prep? Salesman said to me the shop should have taken care of that, I checked with my own gauge anyway. Those things were screaming. Get the psi where it needs to be and ride is awesome. Since it's my wife's vehicle I haven't driven much at all but for me, 1-13-2018 order received 6-29-2018, the wait was worth it. Really one hell of a machine.
Sponsored