Sponsored

2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

NascarMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2015 Grand Cherokee Overland.
See, I told you it would get here long before the cold. :like: Looks great Mark!!
Thanks

Beat it by a bit. LOL
As crazy as it sounds, I haven't driven it much and have had it 48 hrs, was in the middle of several home projects. Going to COSTCO and then to grocery shopping this morning but have to take the wife's GC because we need all the extra cargo space. LOL

I will post more updates after another 100 miles - I am happy so far.

Thanks again!
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Well, I can tell now that I'll be doing that safari mode a lot! Love the looks of it! All you do is just pull the side and rear panels off?
Yep. Super easy.

Moosh67

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon (ordered 2/26/18)

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
Just an idea.
It would be cool if someone could make some sort of chart or fill in list or where we could post how long our wait from order to delivery was.
Maybe you, Fred? Lol. I spend WAAAYYYY too much time with you friends on the forum, I need to work a little sometimes!
But yes, it would be cool. I think overall we will find out waiting may be getting shorter, but no way to know for sure without a list.
I’m a young one, 110 days but still waiting.

Sponsored

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
How fun, Billy! Makes me smile to look at those pictures, and to be there among friends! I can’t wait to do the same!
It sounds crazy and foolish to say/hear but it will happen

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
I had second thoughts about posting the pics but it helped me to see some when I was waiting. Hopefully it helps and not upsets everyone still waiting. #2doorfamily

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Well I'm finally built, crypto and Nicole both emailed me today. Estimated arrival is 7-8 to the 12th. Glad it's moving and finally getting excited and not just angry. Ordered 2-10.

Edit stupid phone having it's own conversations...

Last edited:

JBall

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi/Billet Silver
Good morning all you cool 2-door kids!

Judging by the latest at jg it sure looks like there are 5-6 people here who will take delivery in the next week or so. Awesome!

And tomorrow is my estimated build day! POC says 12:59 AM but we will see. Usually by around noon my time on Mondays Jeff sends me an update, so we will see if he crushes my dreams today :p
Don't pay much attention to what .Jeff tells you. He is usually at least six days behind. The last time I heard from him was after he had emailed me to tell me I had gone KZ six days after my dealer had told me....haven't heard from him since.

JBall

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I should be one of those. Tho am worried the chances of having it for the 4th are decreasing. 5 days now unloaded from the train with no pickup. 3uph0rik and JBall have caught up to me. And watching boston Billy is killing me as that's my build.
Keep the faith, my friend. You WILL have it before the 4th! I am certain of it.

Sponsored

JBall

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had second thoughts about posting the pics but it helped me to see some when I was waiting. Hopefully it helps and not upsets everyone still waiting. #2doorfamily
Keep 'em coming! It does help.

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth
Keep the faith, my friend. You WILL have it before the 4th! I am certain of it.
not so certain... you have caught me and i bet you load up to truck by tonights update. my estimated delivery date window of 23rd to 27th is narrowing...

JBall

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not so certain... you have caught me and i bet you load up to truck by tonights update. my estimated delivery date window of 23rd to 27th is narrowing...
I don't understand why it's still sitting there-what's your dealer saying?

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth
I don't understand why it's still sitting there-what's your dealer saying?
not a whole lot. checking with my regional guy.... you should be good since it's unloaded, and not impacted by trucking delays....i can't pick it up til wednesday i don't have a driver, that'll cost you $400, do you want me to deliver it to you in el paso? ( i think he wants me to drive to deming and sign the dotted line and then deliver after. uh uh), it can take as long as 3 days after truck pickup to deliver, etc.

My take: this is a low volume area. It's sitting on the lot until they can get a full truck load for a milk run to several dealers. Jball will load up within a day because he/you are purchasing in a high volume area. They want to cube out a truck......i bet several trucks a day service your area, and 1 truck a week services my region. Not just jeeps mind ya, prolly multiple manufacturers

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Don't pay much attention to what .Jeff tells you. He is usually at least six days behind. The last time I heard from him was after he had emailed me to tell me I had gone KZ six days after my dealer had told me....haven't heard from him since.
O yeah it's pretty hit or miss with them, and more often than not a miss.

Actually hoping NOT to hear from him today as it would probably be to tell me my build week moved out again. So, no news is good news in this case.

With estimated ship date being build dates, that would put me at tomorrow. So tomorrow I will probably be refreshing my inbox and jg all day. No need to fool myself into thinking I will play it cool, I won't :p
Sponsored