2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

JBall

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi/Billet Silver
Tracking site has not yet updated this morning, but just heard from my dealer that my JL has made it to the Benicia, CA yard waiting to be unloaded, then trucked... 50 miles away....day 198.
Sponsored

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
Mornin'!
Well, last night my dealership told me that they see my baby in their inventory and should hit their lot on July 6!
July 1 will make 5 months of waiting... what's a few more days, right? :time:
We might be delivery buddies. I keep looking on the Jeep site 10 times a day, to make sure it’s real! Yup, 10 minutes ago, here she is, still in transit, but there! I’m so excited!
Btw, the unnamed site has her in Toledo. My dealer, as I mentioned, has her with an eta of July 5 in Dixiana. I am not sure if that means she is scheduled for train loading, or what. Things are moving for both of us, TJ!!!

Sydneytola

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner OffRoad; 2018 JL 2 Door, Ordered 1/24
No. It works the same as the 4 door. Pull the release handle above the back window and slide down the top. Then, engage BOTH locks.

Look on YouTube there are good walk-through videos on removing windows and dropping the top.
I got what you are talking about. I am referring to the slide latch that keeps the rail assy together. If I pop the arm out of the rail assy the arm does not have any clearance to fold down out of the way.

Sponsored

Bigpackdaddy75

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
The Night Rider has arrived at my dealer. Picking her up Monday afternoon. Black, 2 door Rubi, Black leather, Red Dash, PST, painted fenders, tow, Nav, heat package, led, safety package, proximity key, 3.6 auto, Black wheels polished lip. Ordered 4-19.

JBall

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi/Billet Silver
The Night Rider has arrived at my dealer. Picking her up Monday afternoon. Black, 2 door Rubi, Black leather, Red Dash, PST, painted fenders, tow, Nav, heat package, led, safety package, proximity key, 3.6 auto, Black wheels polished lip. Ordered 4-19.
Congrats...and WOW! Just over two months with PST and you beat me. Enjoy it....I'll be right behind you.

RepeatJeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previously 2005 TJRU, 2018 JLR(Pending)
Occupation
US Army Warrant Officer
699E2BB0-E8F2-444D-A52E-DED54F537CFF.jpeg
This is absolute torture.....

Jimac

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats...and WOW! Just over two months with PST and you beat me. Enjoy it....I'll be right behind you.
Beats me how I ordered same Jeep but red 1-24-18 and still waiting shows to be in transit

Sweetwater

First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2018 Compass Trailhawk
Well since I was an early build but a long wait it came in today's mail.
I got the recall. It is the Cruise Control. Has anyone else received the
recall yet ? If you had it done how long does this take ? Better go check
today's mail.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
today's mail.
@Sweetwater
Yes, had the recall done on my 2dr. JL already. Takes the tech less then 15 min to do the PCM flash. That's all he needs to do.

Quite a few JL owner's on the forum have had it done. All said 15 min.. Of course, there were a few where the dealer blew smoke up their ass and told them they needed to leave vehicle as the process was involved and took time..

LydiaSP613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
today's mail.
But, but, but.....I’ve yet to set foot outside my door today!! :giggle: Do I gotsa?! ;) I already know I’m part of the recall & had been using cruise control before finding out. Didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary, but I’ll still go get it dealt with. Eventually.

NascarMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2015 Grand Cherokee Overland.
Picked it up today, drove it about 35 miles, took the long way home. Kind of an overcast rainy day and have non Jeep stuff to do or we would be out with the top off.

I did tell them at the dealership I am happy the wait is over, It is very good looking and if it drives and performs as good as it looks, I will be happy. BUT, I also told them it would take a long time before I forget the bad experience of waiting almost 20 weeks with very little to no information from ANYONE associated with FCA.

I am hopeful you all get yours sooner rather than later. I will post first impressions and more pics later.

Thanks to all of you for helping to make the last 5 months a little more bearable.
:beer:

IMG_6246.JPG
IMG_6241.JPG
IMG_6238.JPG

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Just ordered a 2 door Punk’n Rubicon this morning! My dealer said to email him for any status updates. It’s been about 5 hours, is it too soon yet?
Sponsored