Sponsored

2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

jbe89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2/7: 2018 JL Rubicon 2-Door - Black, 6 MT, LED, Cold Weather, Trailer Tow, Steel Bumpers, Hard Top, Headliner, and Alpine
I see like triple the amount of sports when I do an inventory search, so that is definitely the case.
There were eight within 150 miles of me in transit at the beginning of the week. All were Sport models. That is down to five now. So I’m assuming 3 were delivered yesterday.
Sponsored

jman

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A van and a boring car
There were eight within 150 miles of me in transit at the beginning of the week. All were Sport models. That is down to five now. So I’m assuming 3 were delivered yesterday.
Starting next week I'll be doing an inventory check every day looking for mine up pop up. I can't wait to see it. Maybe I'll wait a little longer. I stopped checking up on my Jeep and cut reading these forums down a lot and suddenly my Jeep was built. My patience was rewarded :) so time to be more patient.

Stinger226

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX2
It's likely nothing, but that seems like an oddly worded response. Hella Yella has been, and to my knowledge, remains on restriction meaning no dealer can order it. Allocations are different and apply to individual dealerships. They are pre-approved factory slots for accepting orders, and once given, dealers generally have to use them within a given time.

The thing is, I've never heard of allocations being given to a dealer for a specific colour. I've only ever seen it by model or submodel (e.g. allocation to order 20 JLUs). The worst case would be that the dealer is actually saying that he doesn't currently have 2dr Rubi allocations. I don't think that's the case, but it wouldn't hurt to seek clarification since plenty of other dealers have Rubi allocations. Regardless, the Hella Yella restirction is likely still in effect for everyone.
Every dealer has an allocation (number of units they are allotted to have at any one time). It's based on how many they have sold in the past. Your dealer needs to sell one of his jeeps because he's at his max he can have right now. But, I bet it's more likely that you just have to wait until yellow is available. I tried to order the new blue, but they would not allow me to paint the hardtop blue. I changed to red and I was allowed to paint the hardtop. I can't fully explain, except to say that it has to do with when the part department can accommodate an additional color where they paint the hardtops at.

echris1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2dr, 1995 Wrangler Sahara
Anybody else on here order the trail rail system? I got this slightly different e-mail from our good friend Nicole, pointing to a further final delay. I just had to go and order every option :P I don't even really know what this fancy system does....

Our resources indicate that your vehicle was ordered with the Trail Rail Management System which is not slated to go into production until late-May.

2dr rubi, 6spd, billet, fenders, black PST, bumpers, LED, and all the rest minus smokers.

3uPh0riK

First Name
Christiaan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Ranger Wildtrak
Anybody else on here order the trail rail system? I got this slightly different e-mail from our good friend Nicole, pointing to a further final delay. I just had to go and order every option :P I don't even really know what this fancy system does....

Our resources indicate that your vehicle was ordered with the Trail Rail Management System which is not slated to go into production until late-May.

2dr rubi, 6spd, billet, fenders, black PST, bumpers, LED, and all the rest minus smokers.
OMG youre joking

Sponsored

blueshirtz11

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 GMC Envoy, 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix, *2018 JL 2 Door Rubicon*
Occupation
Dentist
Delivered to dealer and picking up tomorrow, I will post pics. Wahoo!!! :jk::sun::clap::rock::like::captain:

2dr Rubicon Hard Top
Pleeeaaase take a break from basking in all the glory and give us some pictures. I’m dying over here

Kilye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Sahara

I got the same email, so I contacted my dealer and had the option removed. I got an email today telling me I'm now in the phaseto be assigned a firm scheduling date.

|0000000|

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 5/1/18: 2018 JL Rubicon 2 Door
I ordered from Tri-City Eden (North Carolina), because my local dealers were incompetent. Now I'm thinking it might move up my delivery date with all these transit delays.

I have to imagine its a quicker delivery to northern North Carolina than south Florida. $80 one-way flight is nothing, plus the joy ride back home!

GuyIncognito

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR -> Now Jeepless again
I got the same email, so I contacted my dealer and had the option removed. I got an email today telling me I'm now in the phaseto be assigned a firm scheduling date.
I changed my order yesterday to hard top from PST, and got rid of the Trail Rail system. Not sure it made much difference since I only ordered Mid-April, but at least I'm in D all of a sudden.

Sponsored

Bigpackdaddy75

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I ordered from Tri-City Eden (North Carolina), because my local dealers were incompetent. Now I'm thinking it might move up my delivery date with all these transit delays.

I have to imagine its a quicker delivery to northern North Carolina than south Florida. $80 one-way flight is nothing, plus the joy ride back home!
TRAVIS at Tri City? Ordered mine there too! Only 2 hour drive for me.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Did that dude get his wrangler today?
Sponsored