OP
OP
warc1

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06
I added my build info on my profile page under VEHICLE so anytime I post info, you can see my build. Might be helpful if we all do that...
As you can see, I just added a link to my POC that has more detail than anyone would likely want to know without making individual posts more cluttered.
Sponsored

gabeguy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Rubi (SOLD) , 2007 FJ Cruiser, 1954 Willys
Sent a text to my dealer yesterday telling him that I would be there early Monday to order my Hella Yella Rubi & he replied that he'd let me know as soon as allocation opens up. What does that mean?

jman

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A van and a boring car
Sent a text to my dealer yesterday telling him that I would be there early Monday to order my Hella Yella Rubi & he replied that he'd let me know as soon as allocation opens up. What does that mean?
Means he can't order them yet

OP
OP
warc1

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06
It's likely nothing, but that seems like an oddly worded response. Hella Yella has been, and to my knowledge, remains on restriction meaning no dealer can order it. Allocations are different and apply to individual dealerships. They are pre-approved factory slots for accepting orders, and once given, dealers generally have to use them within a given time.

The thing is, I've never heard of allocations being given to a dealer for a specific colour. I've only ever seen it by model or submodel (e.g. allocation to order 20 JLUs). The worst case would be that the dealer is actually saying that he doesn't currently have 2dr Rubi allocations. I don't think that's the case, but it wouldn't hurt to seek clarification since plenty of other dealers have Rubi allocations. Regardless, the Hella Yella restirction is likely still in effect for everyone.

gabeguy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's likely nothing, but that seems like an oddly worded response. Hella Yella has been, and to my knowledge, remains on restriction meaning no dealer can order it. Allocations are different and apply to individual dealerships. They are pre-approved factory slots for accepting orders, and once given, dealers generally have to use them within a given time.

The thing is, I've never heard of allocations being given to a dealer for a specific colour. I've only ever seen it by model or submodel (e.g. allocation to order 20 JLUs). The worst case would be that the dealer is actually saying that he doesn't currently have 2dr Rubi allocations. I don't think that's the case, but it wouldn't hurt to seek clarification since plenty of other dealers have Rubi allocations. Regardless, the Hella Yella restirction is likely still in effect for everyone.
I agree that the Hella Yella is restricted but that's supposed to be lifted on Monday.

Sponsored

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
dealer gave me my vin only if i promised not to bug FCA hahaha he was actually sounding very positive, hoping for end of this month? shoot im just hoping by June. have trip planned for the Rubicon trail in July!

Rubiconvict

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase
I am surprised more pictures of delivered JLs have not shown up here yet. With so many "in transit" or "arrived at dealer" I can't believe we have only seen one production vehicle in Canada (and now I am questioning whether that was actually production).

The 2-door JL is starting for feel like a Unicorn on a Rainbow

gabeguy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

FLSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-door Rubicon & 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk
Just got this from my dealer (southwest Florida) ...

"It's built and ready to be loaded for transport. I will let you know once it hits Orlando the final drop point. It gets unloaded from the train, goes to the depot lot and from there gets loaded on trucks for dealer delivery. Estimated delivery to the dealership is third week of May."
  • 2-door Rubicon
  • Manual transmission
  • Hard top
  • White
  • Ordered 1/17/18

FLSteve

PhotoGuy

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tjwallerphotography.com
Vehicle(s)
"Stormie," A Base 2018 Granite Crystal JL Sport 2-door
Occupation
Professional Action Photographer
Just got this from my dealer (southwest Florida) ...

"It's built and ready to be loaded for transport. I will let you know once it hits Orlando the final drop point. It gets unloaded from the train, goes to the depot lot and from there gets loaded on trucks for dealer delivery. Estimated delivery to the dealership is third week of May."
  • 2-door Rubicon
  • Manual transmission
  • Hard top
  • White
  • Ordered 1/17/18

FLSteve
Congratulations!
I ordered 2/1 and hoping for some similar news soon! I'm in Central Florida in a suburb of Orlando & bought from Greenway Dodge Chrysler Jeep.

Sponsored

FLSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-door Rubicon & 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk
Congratulations!
I ordered 2/1 and hoping for some similar news soon! I'm in Central Florida in a suburb of Orlando & bought from Greenway Dodge Chrysler Jeep.
At least you are closer to the train ... I'm way down here in Fort Myers.

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
Whats up with orders similar to mine being built already, ordered after mine??? I am happy for you but you guys must have "people".... PS I put my order details and date under current vehicle.

jbe89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2/7: 2018 JL Rubicon 2-Door - Black, 6 MT, LED, Cold Weather, Trailer Tow, Steel Bumpers, Hard Top, Headliner, and Alpine
Whats up with orders similar to mine being built already, ordered after mine??? I am happy for you but you guys must have "people".... PS I put my order details and date under current vehicle.
That’s what I’d like to know, I’m still in D1 and have seen people with order dates after mine with very similar builds having moved into production. It seems like Sport models are being produced in greater numbers than Rubi’s.

jman

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A van and a boring car
That’s what I’d like to know, I’m still in D1 and have seen people with order dates after mine with very similar builds having moved into production. It seems like Sport models are being produced in greater numbers than Rubi’s.
I see like triple the amount of sports when I do an inventory search, so that is definitely the case.