First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
How many times are we supposed to go back to the well that is empty

20180425_143436.jpg
Well hell we are all insane for spending so much money on a vehicle we have to wait six months for!
Sponsored

SpaceDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
SpaceDog
Lighten up bud! Words are just words, and this isn't a safe space. :)
I think you missed the point. The word was beyond played-out by trolls during the last presidential election and now it makes me cringe every time some knuckle-dragging, meme-spouting moron tries to squeeze it into a normal conversation in a lame attempt to be funny. I don't find it offensive... I just like to think this is a more civil place than that.

I'm well aware what the definition is and my point was that if you want to have people take you seriously as opposed to appearing as some random troll then you should avoid the word. Honestly, would you use the word--even if it were applicable--if you were having a conversation with your wife? Mother? Grandmother? Considering the word's actual meaning has derrogatory sexual connotations, I would hope not.

Hopefully I didn't offend either of you but--as was pointed out earlier--this isn't a safe space and words are just words.

Here's a fun article related to the topic:
https://www.gq.com/story/why-angry-white-men-love-calling-people-cucks

:captain:

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
I think you missed the point. The word was beyond played-out by trolls during the last presidential election and now it makes me cringe every time some knuckle-dragging, meme-spouting moron tries to squeeze it into a normal conversation in a lame attempt to be funny. I don't find it offensive... I just like to think this is a more civil place than that.

I'm well aware what the definition is and my point was that if you want to have people take you seriously as opposed to appearing as some random troll then you should avoid the word. Honestly, would you use the word--even if it were applicable--if you were having a conversation with your wife? Mother? Grandmother? Considering the word's actual meaning has derrogatory sexual connotations, I would hope not.

Hopefully I didn't offend either of you but--as was pointed out earlier--this isn't a safe space and words are just words.

Thanks for sharing your opinion on the matter. I think it's great that we live in a country where everyone can have an opinion, and post it on the internet. It's what makes America great.

I have observed your stance on the word, and will keep using it on occasion, as I enjoy it.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon

This is a jeep forum why do we have to make things political ?

Sponsored

SpaceDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
SpaceDog
This is a jeep forum why do we have to make things political ?
I'm not making anything political... nowhere did I say anything about the right or the left. I was merely stating why I find the use of it, and the general behavior of those that use it, obnoxious.

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
I'm not making anything political... nowhere did I say anything about the right or the left. I was merely stating why I find the use of it, and the general behavior of those that use it, obnoxious.
You post a link to an article that is supposed to define the word you hate, but the article obviously written by a liberal who's true intent is to bash trump and his supporters.

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
that's helpful warc1. Suppose it's good enough reason for me to keep checking jeep chat and my dealer to see if i'm D1, as i'm still D in tracking. i know jeepchat is pretty much worthless but what else am i gonna do with my time? :)

ordered 3/7 so i'm in the right neck of the woods to start hitting D1 especially if 4/23 increased to 27 per day and 4/27 floodgates open towards 200.

I tried drillionaire but i was D so he said check back.... gonna be a fun next couple weeks if we start seeing pics and deliveries. Sounds quite possible, CEDX, sweetwater and 1 or two others getting close
Don’t loose heart, I ordered 3/7 and just made D1.

Sponsored

FLYBOY

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RV10, former Rubicon, CJ7 in workshop for rebuild, 2Door JL ordered
Check this out Boys & Girls: I called the 866-362-2146 number and asked the gal what the status of my 2 door Wrangler was. She said I was in D1. I asked her if she knew how long I had been in D1 and she promptly answered (correctly) 37 days. I stated that this seemed to be a particularly long time. She put me on hold while she checked with someone further up the chain. When she came back, which took a while, she said they would start my build this week and by the beginning of next week I should be in inspection!
Cool! And about damn time!

SpaceDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
SpaceDog
Because certain types of people are easily offended...
I'm not offended. You'd be hard-pressed to find anything that would offend me. Everyone is entitled to their own thoughts and feelings--no mater how skewed from reality they are (ex: Flat Earth Society, Scientology, etc...). Now annoying the shit out of me... that's another matter entirely.

But yes, please get back to the topic. We need another 80 pages of people bitching about Jeep Chat.

Sorry for the interruption, kids. :like:

Hippo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt, Jeep JL on order
Same old same old. 12/5/17 order now in D status for 60 days and still in D status. Oh well, patience is *really* a virtue. I may have to cancel my order since we are migrating back to Vermont from Florida for the summer...I was sure it would be here by the time we left.
Sponsored