2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

Socks

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon Hardrock
While it looks like my long summer road trip with my daughter will need to be cancelled may still get a trip in. Wife is talking about driving back to Wisconsin for a 4th of July get together her family is looking at having.

The summer cancellation is kind of a bummer. If we would have been able to get it in Megan and I would have been to all the lower 48 in the past 4 years.
Maybe a late summer thing but I really see no reason why, with a little bit of work, that you should be able to pull it off. It will definitely take a little more planning.
Sponsored

cmb

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Maybe a late summer thing but I really see no reason why, with a little bit of work, that you should be able to pull it off. It will definitely take a little more planning.
Had hoped to do that but with the current environment I have gone form a semi absentee business owner to needing to be more involved with day to day operations. The trip we had planned was about 3 weeks, unless the economy really gets going in the next month it will be difficult to get away that long. Also, with the school year starting mid August the summer ends kind of early for the kiddo.

Socks

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon Hardrock
Had hoped to do that but with the current environment I have gone form a semi absentee business owner to needing to be more involved with day to day operations. The trip we had planned was about 3 weeks, unless the economy really gets going in the next month it will be difficult to get away that long. Also, with the school year starting mid August the summer ends kind of early for the kiddo.
Wow! That really sucks. Its amazing how this virus affects everyone in every little thing. Hopefully, maybe it will work out for you and your daughter. Never had an opportunity like that with mine.

cmb

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Wow! That really sucks. Its amazing how this virus affects everyone in every little thing. Hopefully, maybe it will work out for you and your daughter. Never had an opportunity like that with mine.
This would have been the 4th summer in a row doing this type of road trip with her. Looks like worst case we will end up finishing the Arizona trip we cut short over spring break either Thanksgiving week or over Xmas break.

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
Teaching Megan to drive and so far the only vehicle she is willing to drive is my Jeep. Think she is plotting to claim it for herself. She had already mentioned trading my Q5 for a 4 door Jeep so she always has a Jeep available.
Smart girl, Megan!

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Anyone deal with death wobble here on a stock JL? My JLR got it probably 6-7 times on the way back from miller jeep trail last night. All stock, 11,500 miles, recall done at purchase. There's a slight mark on my steering stabilizer where if you run your finger over it, it feels pushed in a tiny, tiny bit on the cylinder, no fluids leaking. If I apply back-and-forth twisting force on the trackbar and steering link here's the absolute slightest amount of give that has been there from day 1 and I've observed others have with the stock components. Shocks aren't visibly leaking and the Jeep drives butter smooth on the highway all the way up to 85mph up until I hit a bump.

Everything else seems tight from a solo crawl under the jeep. was running 33psi on stock KO2s with about 40% tread left. I don't know where to start with this and would honestly rather just fix it myself or with the help of a local Jeeper or shop than have it sitting around in the dealer for weeks and weeks.

Been having so much fun with the rig, finally something comes down the road to mix it up.

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all. I know its been awhile but anyone have any feedback on Borla exhaust?

Sponsored

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
this thread die in a pile? Borla is using us as a mule and promised a quite tucked install that boosts performance a bit, was just wondering if there was a great interest or if they were any good? looks like a nice kit, all stainless. any input welcome. i have zero experience with exhaust since i did my old '93. this ones a cat back Ca legal set up. they call it the "touring crawler" for the 4 doors. in my day things were different that old 93 got headers, hi flow cats and hi flow mufflers. not sure a cat backs gonna do too much. but since my stock stuff is all beat up, why not?

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
this thread die in a pile? Borla is using us as a mule and promised a quite tucked install that boosts performance a bit, was just wondering if there was a great interest or if they were any good? looks like a nice kit, all stainless. any input welcome. i have zero experience with exhaust since i did my old '93. this ones a cat back Ca legal set up. they call it the "touring crawler" for the 4 doors. in my day things were different that old 93 got headers, hi flow cats and hi flow mufflers. not sure a cat backs gonna do too much. but since my stock stuff is all beat up, why not?
I have Magnaflow, can't help ya John.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I loved my Borla exhaust on the Subaru so I'd be interested in what they come up with. I would love a quiet rumble that put the exhaust up out of the way.

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
I have Magnaflow, can't help ya John.
Cat back and relocate the muffler? I knew someone on here had done an exhaust lol

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
I loved my Borla exhaust on the Subaru so I'd be interested in what they come up with. I would love a quiet rumble that put the exhaust up out of the way.
They say its for crawlers, supposed to be tucked in nicely. They will know when they see the bottom of my rig that it better be tucked lol
Sponsored