2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

Gandersonsays

First Name
Griffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr JL Rubicon
Anyone out there from December or January who haven't received their builds yet? Order Jan 29th and have been in I status since June 29th.... very close to throwing in the towel all together. Dealer has tried to get an update from the factory numerous times since I threatened to cancel and yet has heard nothing. Nicole and Jeep Chat have basically gone silent as well.
Sponsored

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Anyone out there from December or January who haven't received their builds yet? Order Jan 29th and have been in I status since June 29th.... very close to throwing in the towel all together. Dealer has tried to get an update from the factory numerous times since I threatened to cancel and yet has heard nothing. Nicole and Jeep Chat have basically gone silent as well.
Did you order a turbo? I’d walk away and grab off a lot

gabeguy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Rubi (SOLD) , 2007 FJ Cruiser, 1954 Willys
I agree with Grak, there are a ton of JL two doors on dealer's lots now, just do a search on build a jeep & go pick one up. If you've been in 'inspection' that long there's something seriously wrong!

Sponsored

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
Might as well factory order the one you want, the JLUs have been moving quickly from order to delivery. As far as what deal can you get... lol! You’ll be lucky to get any dealer to honor the tread lightly % off sticker, Jeeps and deals are few and far between. For that JLUR you are looking at 50+ easy.
Good Luck they are worth it but they are expensive
I don’t know if I agree. The dealer lots are filling up with JLUs, and 2019’s will start rolling. I bet you can get a good deal on one. I think you should ask for at least the 5% below invoice.

DawnOR

First Name
Dawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep TJ
Ordered Dec 30 2017 was stuck in JB in May and finally shipped end of June showed up at dealer July 12th with damage believed to be from the fire at the storage lot in Ohio Nicole and Jeep chat also stopped providing any info during that time had to reorder did not want the repaired Jeep.

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
Really? Hmm... I've been looking around for something like those, probably wouldn't be buying until next May ( save up some $$$ and have multiple warm weather months ahead). How are they at 40-50 mph, how much movement?
I'll have to let you know, it was all surface streets getting home, ill take her on the freeway tomorrow

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
Yep. That's the same pic I posted. Our problem is that no matter what the manual says, the left dimmer wheel doesn't seem to do anything in the Sport trims.
I didn't think it did anything either. Try it in the dark. It is hard to srr but will dim the "ambient lighting" (floor lighting).

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey Folks.. lookin to buy my first Jeep this coming April/May and I've been gettin all jazzed up about it and hawking these forums. I was wondering if it would be worth factory ordering my JLUR to my exact specs (figuring if I'm going to be spending all this money on it I may as well get what I want) or if i should just try to settle for something close. For anyone that has factory ordered theirs, how did the price compare to that on the Build and Price section of the Jeep website?
Factory order, unless you can find a "left over". I was under dealer invoice at $4,415 under MSRP. Also if you haven't had one built for you before it will say Built especially for (your name) on the window sticker which is kind of cool to have.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gandersonsays

First Name
Griffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr JL Rubicon
Did you order a turbo? I’d walk away and grab off a lot
Oddly enough I ordered the V6, but I know some have been exposed to fires if they were sitting next to a 2.0L that experienced a fire.

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey guys, has anyone PMd Lydia? It’s ok if she needs time off from us, but hope she got back from her weekend escapade ok.
Have missed her as well but I imagine she is probably busy catching up with work, being re united with Vida etc. I am sure she will show up soon.

cedxc2005

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JL Sport S (Gabrielle)
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Can never go wrong with red!! now you need this!! It was my 3 mod today, lol!!

20180726_160941.jpg
Hahaha, that's awesome! I might have to copy you on that one...where'd you find it?

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500