2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

DatsunX3

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Sport S - Ordered
Purchased a new 2dr JL hardtop sport. Only 3 were available in all of South Florida.
Hope you get yours soon.

362E8469-0DC5-460F-8DC7-7D7F1F69B8FF.jpeg
What wheels are those? They look similar to the stock SportS wheels, but I don't think they are?
Maybe a different offset too? Also, are those Rubicon tires? Looks fantastic!

acmejl

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon, 2018 1/2 JLR Unicorn
Occupation
Owner of ACME Adventure 4x4, llc
Vehicle Showcase
The new wheels and tires look amazing! How are you liking the Cooper Tires? Did you install a lift as well?
No lift needed. Just added 2” bump stops. I love the Cooper tires! I have 40” Coopers on my JK. They’ve done great for a couple years now!

acmejl

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon, 2018 1/2 JLR Unicorn
Occupation
Owner of ACME Adventure 4x4, llc
Vehicle Showcase
Oh shit! First I’ve seen good job.. 2” lift incoming??
Eventually. I’ll likely just get spring and shocks.I’m just waiting to see more options for the 2 door. I already have adjustable control arms to add to her as well.
To be continued....

talker1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2017 Ford Edge Sport, 2017 Nissan XD
Well disappointed to report that the JL definitely has a steering/wandering issue. I’ve never owned any other vehicles in my life but Jeeps (I’m 43).... not sure what’s causing it but it’s not the PSI mine were 34 all around. Highly disappointed I’m at dealer now may not accept delivery
Sorry to hear that they haven't fixed that problem yet. Mine is better after lowering the PSI, but still wanders more than I'm comfortable with. Good luck!

Sponsored

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
Oddly enough, my Son had no real interest in driving and didn't even get his license until a few months from his 21st birthday.
That seems to be quite common these days for Gen-Slacker. Kids these days just have no initiative... Back in my day, if you didn't have a car in high school, you were guaranteed to have NO social life... There was no way you were going to be going out on a date with a girl if you couldn't drive. Ahhh... The ol' drive-in movie theaters... Those were the days...

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
ah its nice you east coasters get up early for us west coast insomniacs! HAPPY 4th! Happy Birthday USA

Sponsored

LydiaSP613

Threads
Reaction score
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
Me thinks Vida will be topless this weekend! On the drive home Sunday, I had to slam on my brakes, harrrrrd. Even had to crank the wheel cuz I didn’t think I’d miss the moron in front of me who stopped short on a 45mph road. Ever since that happened, there’s something rolling around & rattling in the right side of the center bar above the pax seat. Anyone else come across odd sounds like that? It’s reminiscent of the shattered glass I used to hear sliding around in the frame of Sadie after the squirrel attack. I want to find what it is myself, versus handing it over to the dealer unknown. So daddy dearest has been forewarned that his help is needed.
And on that end, I’ve been debating pulling the trigger sooner rather than later on a Top Lift Pro....:movember:

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
Me thinks Vida will be topless this weekend! On the drive home Sunday, I had to slam on my brakes, harrrrrd. Even had to crank the wheel cuz I didn’t think I’d miss the moron in front of me who stopped short on a 45mph road. Ever since that happened, there’s something rolling around & rattling in the right side of the center bar above the pax seat. Anyone else come across odd sounds like that? It’s reminiscent of the shattered glass I used to hear sliding around in the frame of Sadie after the squirrel attack. I want to find what it is myself, versus handing it over to the dealer unknown. So daddy dearest has been forewarned that his help is needed.
And on that end, I’ve been debating pulling the trigger sooner rather than later on a Top Lift Pro....:movember:
have you tried it without? our JK one is pretty light and i hear the JL's are lighter. i got a soft top because the JK's hard top has been sitting in the back yard for 5 years! lol
Sponsored