Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
If I'm not mistaken, Lowes is the new home of Craftsman (at least that's what the signs said when I was there a few weeks back). I've used quite a few tools and supplies from Harbor Freight tools over the years and they've usually worked pretty well.

I finally had the chance to install my ROAM slider/steps. A few weeks ago, I installed a rock light underneath each of my mirrors to act as puddle lights. Combined with the LEDs that come with the ROAM sliders, there's plenty of light when you open the door or hit the unlock button. Now that i have the sliders on, I'll install the other 8 rock lights that came with the kit underneath.
tumblr_ppvtzeWuIy1tkp167o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_ppvtzeWuIy1tkp167o1_1280.jpg
Sponsored

Sweetwater

First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2018 Compass Trailhawk
If I'm not mistaken, Lowes is the new home of Craftsman (at least that's what the signs said when I was there a few weeks back). I've used quite a few tools and supplies from Harbor Freight tools over the years and they've usually worked pretty well.

I finally had the chance to install my ROAM slider/steps. A few weeks ago, I installed a rock light underneath each of my mirrors to act as puddle lights. Combined with the LEDs that come with the ROAM sliders, there's plenty of light when you open the door or hit the unlock button. Now that i have the sliders on, I'll install the other 8 rock lights that came with the kit underneath.
tumblr_ppvtzeWuIy1tkp167o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_ppvtzeWuIy1tkp167o1_1280.jpg
They look VERY nice. Did you have to remove factory rock sliders ? Where did you buy ?
What is the cost ? Are they hard to install ? This info will help me as I love what you have
and would like to install these on my Rubicon !!

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
paid my taxes today, sadly the jeep build will be suspended till further notice.

cedxc2005

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JL Sport S (Gabrielle)
Occupation
Structural Engineer

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
It includes a lifetime warranty, so I might take the chance. I can get a Craftsman set shipped for about the same price, but there are no longer any Sears near me if I should ever need to take advantage of the warranty. :(
You really do get what you pay for for, the most part. I think it's a no-brainer if prices are the same. I'd make the effort to seek out and buy Crafsman. The current Carftsman are not the same quality as they were years ago but still considerably better in my opinion then Harbor Freight. From my experience you will need the warranty a lot less from a Craftsman tool. The warranty and getting replacements is not the issue. The metallurgy is questionable for some of the Harbor Freight tools. It can be flat out dangerous if a socket explodes and frags. Or if a ratchet gear strips and you bang a knuckle or finger.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
paid my taxes today, sadly the jeep build will be suspended till further notice.
Can't like that. :(

I keep second guessing my upgrades as I wasn't going to be pulled in this time. :headbang:

My exhaust skid and Tazer arrived yesterday. :handsinair:

:facepalm:

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
They look VERY nice. Did you have to remove factory rock sliders ? Where did you buy ?
What is the cost ? Are they hard to install ? This info will help me as I love what you have
and would like to install these on my Rubicon !!
The factory rock rails have to go (takes about 10 minutes a side to remove them). I bought them direct from Roam (here's a link to the 2 door slider/steps: http://www.roamoffroad.com/product/roam-jl-rock-rails-jeep-wrangler-jl-2-door-rock-sliders/ ). The cost was $499 + shipping (and, if you live in Texas as I do, +taxes). They weren't really difficult to install, you install three braces on each side- two go right on the frame using flag nuts that fit inside the frame and one uses two bolts to either side of the frame mount (you do NOT have to remove the dreaded frame bolt to install these steps).

I really like the look, and they come with the LED lights (which you can splice into your interior lights to come on when you hit the unlock button on your fob).

Sponsored

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Email surprise:

Shipping Confirmation for Order

New Trektop Soft Top for JL Black Twill 2DR
Color: Black Twill
Post some pics! I just ordered a Black Twill NX for my 2 DR (was going to go with the Black Diamond, but apparently everyone is a fan of the twill, so...).

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
After getting home I needed to walk the pup, pick up his mess, eat dinner, pup didn’t feel good so picked up his mess and cleaned the carpets... THEN I finally got to unpack the multiple bits of goodness. At the end of it all it’s an hour before bedtime. :beer:

B58B277A-A1E7-4B1B-960B-6A62DDA1FD7F.jpeg

2C7ADF2E-FBEF-432D-8CF0-280D2C7FF4AC.jpeg

Going to have to wait till the weekend. :bandit:

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
After getting home I needed to walk the pup, pick up his mess, eat dinner, pup didn’t feel good so picked up his mess and cleaned the carpets... THEN I finally got to unpack the multiple bits of goodness. At the end of it all it’s an hour before bedtime. :beer:

B58B277A-A1E7-4B1B-960B-6A62DDA1FD7F.jpeg

2C7ADF2E-FBEF-432D-8CF0-280D2C7FF4AC.jpeg

Going to have to wait till the weekend. :bandit:
that looks like it could be entertaining to watch

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
that looks like it could be entertaining to watch
I’m guessing more than a couple hours. :CWL:

I got the skids too. Excellent.

I’m kicking myself for getting the wheels and tires. Jeep has been at the dealer getting the steering and stereo checked. They replaced the stabilizer and were going to charge me for an alignment because they thought it was lifted with those tires.

Also, they had the Jeep two more days trying to update the stereo. It kept erroring so they ordered a new one. I spent a good bit of time painting that dash. I just know they will scratch it taking the dash apart to replace the stereo. :(
Sponsored