Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
No problem bro! I read a lot of great things about royal purple, amsoil, and redline, but the clear and cleaner base stock used in the pennzoil is what really intrigued me. Being higher up in the refining process and having much less suspended contaminants, should equal less chance of deposits forming in the motor.
More great info! Your reasoning seems sound regarding "clear and cleaner base stock" reducing deposits.

Your post made me realize I haven't given a lot of thought to the advancement in refining/lubricants and modern engines. Owning/riding offroad motorcycles, I'm aware of Amsoil. I need to dig further into this, thanks again.

-Steven
Sponsored

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation

2020Sport

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport 2 door Bikini Pearl
OP
OP
VNT

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
AMSOIL is available at 2 of the Jeep Dealerships near me. They put in AMSOIL for my first Jeep Wave oil change.
You got some good oil if they used their signature series 5w-30, I have an account and my cost is 9.30 a qt

2020Sport

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport 2 door Bikini Pearl
You got some good oil if they used their signature series 5w-30, I have an account and my cost is 9.30 a qt
They used the API Certified AMSOIL OE 100% synthetic which costs them under $5 a quart. I'm good for the length the OLM determines up to 1 year. I'll likely have them change at 6 months since I get 4 free AMSOIL oil changes under WAVE.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
AMSOIL is available at 2 of the Jeep Dealerships near me. They put in AMSOIL for my first Jeep Wave oil change.
I stay away from my local dealers, so I have zero clue of what they carry. I know it can be easily ordered online. I'll also ask the bulk carrier that the company I run uses.

Thanks and Happy New Year, Tim!

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
More great info! Your reasoning seems sound regarding "clear and cleaner base stock" reducing deposits.

Your post made me realize I haven't given a lot of thought to the advancement in refining/lubricants and modern engines. Owning/riding offroad motorcycles, I'm aware of Amsoil. I need to dig further into this, thanks again.

-Steven
I've always been a fan of synthetic oil, especially in my air-cooled bikes. I've seen an easy 20+° temp drop running it, compared to the same brand and weight of Dino oil.

2020sport has me rethinking the amsoil. It seems to meet the requirements of the pentastar v6, which is mentioned in that 4 page pdf, so I'm curious of its compatibility in the hurricane I4.

Happy New Year, Steven!

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I've always been a fan of synthetic oil, especially in my air-cooled bikes. I've seen an easy 20+° temp drop running it, compared to the same brand and weight of Dino oil.

2020sport has me rethinking the amsoil. It seems to meet the requirements of the pentastar v6, which is mentioned in that 4 page pdf, so I'm curious of its compatibility in the hurricane I4.

Happy New Year, Steven!
Hi hear ya!

Happy New Year Mike! Stay safe Amigo.

-Steven
Sponsored