ReconMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 X, 20 Rubicon Recon
My thoughts.....

1) The KO2's did not impress me as much as I'd hoped. I ran STT's on my JK, and I understand the difference. But still.

2) Lots of pebbles stuck between the rear fenders and body. How bad do I get made fun of when I fill that gap in with clear silicone? Also tons between the rock rails and body.

3) I miss having bumpers with D rings.

4) Factory lift is legit. Glad I added a Fox starring stabilizer though. Some didn't and complained. Definitely need to get a boot to cover the shaft.

Got 12 years and 209,000 miles out of my 09 X. Can't wait to have adventures in this for a decade.
Sponsored

5adventurers

First Name
Shelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 Toyota 4Runner, 1991 Toyota Pickup
Before you do clear silicone check out the YouTube video from wayalofe. The way he solved it looked great. Good luck

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
My thoughts.....

1) The KO2's did not impress me as much as I'd hoped. I ran STT's on my JK, and I understand the difference. But still.

2) Lots of pebbles stuck between the rear fenders and body. How bad do I get made fun of when I fill that gap in with clear silicone? Also tons between the rock rails and body.

3) I miss having bumpers with D rings.

4) Factory lift is legit. Glad I added a Fox starring stabilizer though. Some didn't and complained. Definitely need to get a boot to cover the shaft.

Got 12 years and 209,000 miles out of my 09 X. Can't wait to have adventures in this for a decade.
I highly recommend the product linked to by RagTopDeluxe. It'll provide all the same benefits as silicone, but will look cleaner and be easy to pull out and reinstall if needed.

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I too was not overly impressed with my KO2s in mud. I ended up in a rainstorm on a trail that became muddy a few days ago while wheeling in Colorado. The “pucker” factor kicked in a few times when things got greasy. That said - the KO2s are awesome on the highway....all things considered.
Sponsored