1st Jeep wash

eureka

First Name
Anna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport 2021
Dummy question! I got mine 2021 Jeep Wrangler sport 4x4, 2door, hard top not long time ago. I’m planning first bath soon! Do you guys go to car wash, do you remove antenna, what about spare tire with cover on, can this go through the tunnel and being washed while attached? What about mirrors seems like mine are manual. 😎 I never had Jeep before, so learning step by step the logistics 🤣
Sponsored

IrrationalCPA

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, F-150 Tremor, 991.2T
remove the antenna it will flap and beat everywhere! (learned that the hard way). Also the transmission wont shift in gear without engaging the brake first, some safety issue. Some people on the forums have said their fenders have flown off, so enter at your own risk and good luck!

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I go to a company that hand washes and waxes my Jeep. They also clean the inside really well. It doesn’t cost much more then one of those full service machine wash places. I enjoy a nice overpriced latte while they detail my Jeep at the Starbucks next door.

I would never do one of those auto wash places.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Cajun21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Ram 1500
Wash, huh what's that I picked it up from dealer and it was washed then- keep it dirty it's a 2dr suppose to be dirty; it's in the manual. (no it isn't) but seriously remove antenna if you take it through a car wash, yet the fun of Jeep ownership is to do everything yourself from removing and adding parts to YEEEEESSSS washing it. Enjoy and have fun and get that extra credit card for your Jeep. LOL

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
If you have to take it to a car wash use either a touchless or ones that have the self serve wands. Those large microfiber arms are just taking dirt from every other vehicle and raking it over your finish.

I know not everyone likes to detail their vehicles but it's best to get yourself a power washer and a foam cannon. I still use a bucket with grit guard and a microfiber mitt with this if it's really dirty. I can wash and dry mine in under an hour and quicker if it's just dusty. Then you can just foam it and rinse.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073FCV1Z...olid=18AQHC875EVXC&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072JNQQY...olid=18AQHC875EVXC&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06VS4JH62/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&th=1

Jeep Wrangler JL 1st Jeep wash IMG_4953

Jeep Wrangler JL 1st Jeep wash IMG_4955

miweber929

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLU Sport S, ‘16 Silverado
I go though washes all the time, both touch and touchless ones without issue. Ive also not removed the antenna. The dealer that services mine has a brushed wash they send everything through so if they feel it’s good enough to run new vehicles through I’d guess it’s considered safe to do.

Sponsored

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
If you have to take it to a car wash use either a touchless or ones that have the self serve wands. Those large microfiber arms are just taking dirt from every other vehicle and raking it over your finish.

I know not everyone likes to detail their vehicles but it's best to get yourself a power washer and a foam cannon. I still use a bucket with grit guard and a microfiber mitt with this if it's really dirty. I can wash and dry mine in under an hour and quicker if it's just dusty. Then you can just foam it and rinse.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073FCV1Z...olid=18AQHC875EVXC&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072JNQQY...olid=18AQHC875EVXC&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06VS4JH62/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&th=1

Great advice here. Question, what is the true advantage with a foam gun vs bucket & mitt? I totally get the power washer to spray off loose debris prior to washing. Pardon my ignorance, but I’m from the old school. Lol

Kryten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I go to a company that hand washes and waxes my Jeep. They also clean the inside really well. It doesn’t cost much more then one of those full service machine wash places. I enjoy a nice overpriced latte while they detail my Jeep at the Starbucks next door.
They detail your Jeep at the Starbucks next door?!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Great advice here. Question, what is the true advantage with a foam gun vs bucket & mitt? I totally get the power washer to spray off loose debris prior to washing. Pardon my ignorance, but I’m from the old school. Lol
The main advantage is it applies the soap and pretreats the surface by breaking down the dirt and dust. The dirt will start to fall to the ground with the foam so when you wash with the mitt there's less chance of scratching the finish.

The other is if mine is just dusty (a lot of dust in the air here) I can just foam it, wait 4-5 minutes and rinse it off. Great for quick touch up washes then I hit it with some speed detailer. Mine isn't a pavement princess by any means but I still like to keep them looking nice. I know others just wait until it rains to wash theirs. lol

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
I have no problem going through a car wash with hardtop, but only do that if I absolutely have to (we have very salty roads in winter). I also have a very short, stubby antenna installed. I would remove the stock metal antenna at the very least.

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
The main advantage is it applies the soap and pretreats the surface by breaking down the dirt and dust. The dirt will start to fall to the ground with the foam so when you wash with the mitt there's less chance of scratching the finish.

The other is if mine is just dusty (a lot of dust in the air here) I can just foam it, wait 4-5 minutes and rinse it off. Great for quick touch up washes then I hit it with some speed detailer. Mine isn't a pavement princess by any means but I still like to keep them looking nice. I know others just wait until it rains to wash theirs. lol
Thx for the info. Highly appreciate it!
Sponsored