'19 JLUS 6spd P083F ESS error code - service start/stop

xj884x4

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78CJ5, 88XJ, 97ZJ, 02WJ, 04WJ, 05TJ, 19JLUS
Just picked up my 2019 JLUS 3.6L 6spd about a week ago and am getting an intermittent error that says I need to service the Auto Start/Stop system. I have a BlueDriver code scanner that looks at all of the modules, and it has stored a P083F error code which relates to the Clutch pedal A/B switch, which i assume is measuring the position of the clutch pedal. It seems to happen about 75% of the time I drive it, not temperature dependent. Restarting the vehicle makes the "@!" symbol on the instrument cluster go away and then it works fine, so it is clearly some finicky thing. Yes it is under warranty but it's a pain in the ass to go to the dealer and waste a bunch of time to get a loaner if there is something I can adjust quickly. Quick search didn't come up with anything. Any suggestions on error code? Also, what is best way to purchase PDF version of FSM for JLs?
Sponsored

drjhenrichs

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
I had the same issue but my 2019 Jeep is automatic. It was the fuel pump, or atleast that is what is being planned to be repaired. It has not happened yet. The service start stop I’m seeing this everywhere. There are also Jeep Cherokee that is having lots of start stop issues. Let us know what how your issue gets resolved.

OP
OP
xj884x4

xj884x4

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Going in Monday, they are keeping it until Friday since i'll be traveling anyways - will post results after repairs

OP
OP
xj884x4

xj884x4

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update
They had to order a clutch sensor when I went in Jan 28th. Since dealer is 50min away, I hadn't been back until just now. They had it 5 days to fix various warranty things including this. THey put a new sensor on (4.6hrs of labor listed), P/N 68333561AB. After I got home and went on a 2nd drive, the issue popped back up again, same P083F code. Has popped up 3 of 5 times since pickup from dealer. Going to try a different dealer that's closer and see what they say. Will update once that is done, may be a month or two!

Jeeper352

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Update
They had to order a clutch sensor when I went in Jan 28th. Since dealer is 50min away, I hadn't been back until just now. They had it 5 days to fix various warranty things including this. THey put a new sensor on (4.6hrs of labor listed), P/N 68333561AB. After I got home and went on a 2nd drive, the issue popped back up again, same P083F code. Has popped up 3 of 5 times since pickup from dealer. Going to try a different dealer that's closer and see what they say. Will update once that is done, may be a month or two!
I jee getting this code. Did u ever figure out what was causing it? Thx
Sponsored