Sponsored

100% Battery Range

Moses212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU
How well does the 4xe hold its charge?
ie if you were to drive once every 3-4 days, and not plugging in, would you still get 15-20 miles range?
Sponsored

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
Interesting question. I'm guessing the very large majority of us are plugging in daily with either level 1 or level 2 charging. I know there is one person, who has posted, that is in an apartment complex, so they may have an answer.

Jehovasfitness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and '04 Z06
It appears to calculate range by battery state of charge x recent mi/kWh figure for your driving style/speed etc.

This method is very common in the industry and seems to be the most reasonable method. A fully charged battery in the 4xe is about the same as a half gallon of gasoline. (0.43 gallons to be exact...) If you look at it that way......then your Jeep is getting over 60 miles per gallon of energy under those driving conditions. Pretty nice. :)

However, as electrified vehicles become more normal.....we are going to stop talking about miles/gallon equivalent (MPGe) and migrate to a mi/kWh figure instead. You are getting about 2 miles/kWh. My Focus Electric averages 4.0. My Mach-E averages about 3.5. When the BEV Wrangler becomes available for sale we might be lucky to see 3.0 mi/kWh. (this last sentence is just a guess though......)
our RAV4 Prime is getting 3.0-3.2 mi/kWh

JandS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe | Exige S | R wagon | V Wagon | MB S65
Unless you have heated seats then it isn't that big of a penalty. Depending on how cold it gets of course. Here in AZ, heated seats used in tandem with departure time pre-conditioning goes a long way to minimizing range loss during winter driving.

Does the 4xe have a PTC resistive type heater? And can it be turned off?
"Preconditioning" itself drains battery.

In any case, I'm not sure AZ, except for a few higher elevations, is a good example of "winter driving."

SnB4xe

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler High Altitude 4xe
"Preconditioning" itself drains battery.
Not if it is plugged in to L2 EVSE.
L1 maybe.......but L2 is capable of delivering enough energy so the vehicle doesn't need to draw from the HVB.

JandS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe | Exige S | R wagon | V Wagon | MB S65
Not if it is plugged in to L2 EVSE.
L1 maybe.......but L2 is capable of delivering enough energy so the vehicle doesn't need to draw from the HVB.
You're 100% correct. I should have been more specific.

Cheers!
Sponsored