Sponsored

+1 for pushing fuses down

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
After reading these forums, thanks to all those who recommended pushing fuses down in the power distribution box. Almost half of the fuses and relays seemed a little loose in my brand new Jeep. I checked, and in all my other vehicles they were tight. All new Jeep owners, make sure to push your fuses down.
Sponsored

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
After reading these forums, thanks to all those who recommended pushing fuses down in the power distribution box. Almost half of the fuses and relays seemed a little loose in my brand new Jeep. I checked, and in all my other vehicles they were tight. All new Jeep owners, make sure to push your fuses down.
Damn....guess I should do this too! Havent had any issues so far in my 2020 yet but have only driven it 6k miles since I picked it up Sept 2019 (thanks, COVID).

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Sponsored

Atom631

First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
i picked up my JLUR on a Saturday (March 13th) in Virginia and drove it home to NY..its about a 6hr trip. I got about 1/2hr from home and the service 4WD, ABS and traction control lights came on. At that point I was exhausted...going on 17hrs between flying down, signing paperwork and driving home. It was still driving fine...so I drove it home the last few miles. Saw something about loose fuses....so I decided to try it. Sure enough almost every fuse was loose. I pressed them all down and a week later, +400 miles and all is fine.

So +2 for checking fuses.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
I picked up my new JL80th one week ago today. First thing I did when I got it home was to check the fuses/relays. All were fully seated. Weird that so many aren't after this being an issue for so long.

Sponsored

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon two door. 2.0 Turbo.
Revival of an older thread but this really is a thing. Just checked mine. Well over half if not closer to 3/4 were not fully seated. Thanks for the heads up on this everyone.

johnnychemo

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Sport Altitude
First thing I inspected upon delivery in early April. All of mine were seated. Maybe the dealer PDI person did it? No idea....
Picked mine up two days ago, and I found the same thing - all fuses firmly seated. Maybe someone in Toledo read the forum?

Getmadboy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Picked mine up two days ago, and I found the same thing - all fuses firmly seated. Maybe someone in Toledo read the forum?
Picked up my jeep 7 hours ago and checked the fuse box at the dealership. I found three fuses that were not fully seated. My sales guy mentioned that I was his second customer yesterday that checked the fuses before they signed for the vehicle. Now he said he’s gonna add checking the fuses to his list of items to prep for his customers.

csjlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Why do I find watching the video so oddly satisfying? Anybody else watch this a few times? Maybe it's the soothing Bob Ross voice, or maybe it's the satisfaction of knowing all clicking noises means the fuses are all now in. Maybe I just have an OCD diagnosis starting to surface. Is it just me?
Sponsored