Sponsored

PUNK'N Wrangler Jl club

jjmarkus

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR to replace 2018 JLUR, 2020 GMC Sierra, 2019 Subaru Crosstrek, 2007 Shelby GT500
Here are a few more pics in the morning sun. I have no idea why they include metallic in the name. Don't see any metallic flake at all. Not complaining at all, like it as is.
IMG_0395.jpg
IMG_0393.jpg
IMG_0390.jpg
IMG_0389.jpg
IMG_0388.jpg
Ordered our Sahara 2/26, will look just the same, with optional wheels and black hardtop. I like the contrast versus body colored top. Ours will have black leather interior. Got word from dealer today 3/8 that it's scheduled to be built next week. Thanks for the pictures, nice to know what it will look like.
Sponsored

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Has anyone else been told the production of Punk'n has been pushed back to early-April?!?!?

Just logged on to Jeep chat to ask about the status of the escalation due to being in D for 35 days now, and this is Sarah's response:

"this is the update that I have for you Consumers vehicle was ordered in the Punk'n Metallic which is not slated to begin production until early-April. We would encourage consumer to contact us back in late-April for an update"

Has anyone else been told that?
I have not been told this but I know my production date was pushed back from 3/26 to 4/9. Mine is ordered with Premium Soft Top and NO hard top. I figured it was with the top but this makes sense as I have ordered Punk'n as well.

OP
OP
smuddy

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Has anyone else been told the production of Punk'n has been pushed back to early-April?!?!?

Just logged on to Jeep chat to ask about the status of the escalation due to being in D for 35 days now, and this is Sarah's response:

"this is the update that I have for you Consumers vehicle was ordered in the Punk'n Metallic which is not slated to begin production until early-April. We would encourage consumer to contact us back in late-April for an update"

I'm talking to Daryl, and when I asked specifically about there possibly being a delay on punk'n production, he responded with: "This would be something he may have been told from the dealership as we don't have this type of information. " I told him that it was, in fact, jeep chat who relayed this to you. His response, "Hmm this is very strange, I've heard about the soft tops for some of the vehicles taking a while to come in but I haven't heard anything about the paint. "

Maybe because you are past 30 days in D, that some other info was requested and put into your record for them to relay to you? I don't know.

But, wondering... since it's punk'n metallic...and the punk'ns that have shown up don't look much like metallic, maybe they screwed up and are correcting it? I hope not, because I like what I've seen the way they are!

joedymueller

First Name
Joedy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Punk'n Rubicon
I was just told that mine is delayed due to the Premium Softtop and not anything to do with the Color.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But, wondering... since it's punk'n metallic...and the punk'ns that have shown up don't look much like metallic, maybe they screwed up and are correcting it? I hope not, because I like what I've seen the way they are!
I doubt it. From what I have seen from pictures I believe the metallic may be a gold flake metallic that is giving it that different look in the bright sun. I could be wrong as I have not seen it in person but that is what it has reminded me of.

Sponsored

MoDonPunkn4Dr

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Cherokee Trail Hawk Mango Tango, 2017 H-D CVO Street Glide Blk/Org, 2018 Punk'n Rubicon
I doubt it. From what I have seen from pictures I believe the metallic may be a gold flake metallic that is giving it that different look in the bright sun. I could be wrong as I have not seen it in person but that is what it has reminded me of.
I took a few pics today of a Sport on a lot in North St. Louis county. It is very orange, As has been said before here, it is difficult to capture the orange/red spectrum on cell phones. I used two different apps on my phone. I think this pic is a good representation of the color I see with my naked eye. It was quite sunny there today.

I don't see any flake metal, gold or any color. It is glossy as opposed to flat, but not metallic that I can see.

CAM_20180308_115631.jpg

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A gold metallic flake will not show up on orange unless you lay down many coats. There could be none in there however. That is a great shot and is showing a shade that I was hoping for. Thanks for the pic.

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
20180303_134535.jpg
20180303_134529.jpg
20180303_134550.jpg
I saw this Challenger on the lot in Las Vegas last weekend. The color is called "Go Mango" but I have a suspicion that's its the same as Punk'n. I could see the yellow/gold flake people are talking about with the naked eye but its hard to see in pictures. Look at the edge of the mirror and you might see it. What do you think?

ranrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Macan and 981 Boxster Spyder; Jeep JLUR Punk'n delivered 04-11-2018
I'm talking to Daryl, and when I asked specifically about there possibly being a delay on punk'n production, he responded with: "This would be something he may have been told from the dealership as we don't have this type of information. " I told him that it was, in fact, jeep chat who relayed this to you. His response, "Hmm this is very strange, I've heard about the soft tops for some of the vehicles taking a while to come in but I haven't heard anything about the paint. "

Maybe because you are past 30 days in D, that some other info was requested and put into your record for them to relay to you? I don't know.

Interesting. Mine is one of the early Punk'n and went to JB status this morning. So, it is painted. I suppose if only a few of this color are actually sold it will be some sort of rarity. Of course, it is just a jeep, but a rare color shade would be pretty cool nonetheless.

Sponsored

4wrangler

First Name
Theresa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Jl, and 14 Wrangler Oscar Mike
I took a few pics today of a Sport on a lot in North St. Louis county. It is very orange, As has been said before here, it is difficult to capture the orange/red spectrum on cell phones. I used two different apps on my phone. I think this pic is a good representation of the color I see with my naked eye. It was quite sunny there today.

I don't see any flake metal, gold or any color. It is glossy as opposed to flat, but not metallic that I can see.

CAM_20180308_115631.jpg
I’m in love with this color!! I have ordered my JL on 2/19 can’t wait to get it!! Still trying to get added to the tracking page so I can check the status...

Curtman1962

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n Wrangler JL, '13 Accord Coupe
Occupation
GM

Whaaat! That’s very uncool.