Sponsored

BIKINI Wrangler JL Club

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
I saw threads for all the colors, and thought I’d be first to start this one for Bikini Jeep owners! Post pics and stories about yours everyone!

9ADA5736-2195-445C-87E0-058EF390ECB0.jpeg

235DC0EE-26DD-4E0C-853C-695E07AAE082.jpeg

D508280A-D3EB-45FB-8163-EE4EAFE9E987.jpeg

E3499C42-4BCA-4FB3-97E6-0206DE91FE08.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

TideDown

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I have a JLUR in Bikini ordered 2/12- have a VIN and currently In “D1” per dealer- gave an estimated ship date of 2/26... which I totally know is not a realistic estimate.

Trying to find a real life picture of one is like trying to find a Unicorn. Anyone who gets theirs please post pics so we can see it in real life!

Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
I have a JLUR in Bikini ordered 2/12- have a VIN and currently In “D1” per dealer- gave an estimated ship date of 2/26... which I totally know is not a realistic estimate.
I don't mean to get your hopes up, but my Mojito was at my dealer within a week of my estimated ship date (D1 on 11/2 with an estimated ship date of 11/25, at the dealer 11/30). Good luck, hopefully the timeline holds.

TideDown

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I mean, I totally will be happy if it comes early- I just as you said, don’t want to get my hopes up. My TJ is turning 20 this year- and when I found out about the color in September, I went and spec’d out my order for when Bikini became available. I turned in my leased SUV in November... I’ve already had my poor TJ in the shop twice and once on a flatbed. I’m not sure how much longer she will hold onto being driven every day. So it would be awesome if I could park her and use her for off-roading.
Mojito is an awesome choice! You’ll be part of an exclusive club!

Jeeprubicongurl

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STI Limited

Trying to find a real life picture of one is like trying to find a Unicorn. Anyone who gets theirs please post pics so we can see it in real life!
I’m on day 79 since I placed my order for my fully loaded JLR, went into KZ (shipping status) on 2/14. The folks at Jeep chat gave me an estimated ship date of 1/2 whereas I placed my order on 12/3, my Rubi didn’t actually ship out until 2/14. The estimate is typically way off! The dealership still will not even give me an estimated delivery at this point in time since he said it could be way off still, once it arrives I’ll probably have waited 14-16 weeks since I placed my order (on week eleven now)

Jeeprubicongurl

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STI Limited
Here’s what bikini appears to look like based off of some pictures I could find :) reminds me of a very vintage look! Almost like they need to come out with a matte light pink next for us ladies :) I got my JLR in Firecracker Red which I truly adore!

0471CE89-B664-4A86-88B7-AB7FDF7B3043.jpeg

15FABF32-92BF-43B5-A06C-5DC53767B6DC.jpeg

A222494C-193C-4712-92C1-0689770439D9.jpeg

TideDown

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I’m on day 79 since I placed my order for my fully loaded JLR, went into KZ (shipping status) on 2/14. The folks at Jeep chat gave me an estimated ship date of 1/2 whereas I placed my order on 12/3, my Rubi didn’t actually ship out until 2/14. The estimate is typically way off! The dealership still will not even give me an estimated delivery at this point in time since he said it could be way off still, once it arrives I’ll probably have waited 14-16 weeks since I placed my order (on week eleven now)
Ah, that seems to be the general consensus with the orders placed early on... that stinks! I’m not even contacting Jeep chat anymore- the sales guy is pretty great with giving us updates. He told us when I ordered that he checks status atleast once every day... so far he has kept true to his word.

When you take delivery, be sure to post pictures!

Sponsored

Jeeprubicongurl

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STI Limited
Ah, that seems to be the general consensus with the orders placed early on... that stinks! I’m not even contacting Jeep chat anymore- the sales guy is pretty great with giving us updates. He told us when I ordered that he checks status atleast once every day... so far he has kept true to his word.

When you take delivery, be sure to post pictures!
Jeep chat is useless! Half of the folks there give you wrong information. My sales guy hasn’t reached out to me once! It’s not been the best experience with Dave Smith Motors! I’m always the one to reach out here and there for any further information, just can’t wait for this to be all over with! I’ll be sure to post tons of pics :)

TideDown

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Jeep chat is useless! Half of the folks there give you wrong information. My sales guy hasn’t reached out to me once! It’s not been the best experience with Dave Smith Motors! I’m always the one to reach out here and there for any further information, just can’t wait for this to be all over with! I’ll be sure to post tons of pics :)
I’m not sure where Dave Smith Motors is- but I feel like I’ve read about them a few times around this forum. Most salesmen either creep me out or they are so arrogant- like they got their money, and forget that you are a customer. The guy I’ve been dealing with has been pretty awesome- I met with him in October, knowing I wouldn’t buy that day, sat in a few different ones with me, pointed out differences so that way I could spec mine out exactly like I wanted. I told him that the day it becomes available to order I want in. And on that day, he called. Great experience so far- younger guy, sounds exactly like Seth Rogen- even his laugh My husband even said “you know who he reminds me of...“
It will be worth the wait! I promise!

trippp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 JLUR
Not that it makes any real difference but Bikini is now an available option in the Build & Price too on Jeep's site. Got me excited. Looking forward to ordering a Bikini JLUR here in a few weeks or so.

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Here’s what bikini appears to look like based off of some pictures I could find :) reminds me of a very vintage look! Almost like they need to come out with a matte light pink next for us ladies :) I got my JLR in Firecracker Red which I truly adore!

0471CE89-B664-4A86-88B7-AB7FDF7B3043.jpeg

15FABF32-92BF-43B5-A06C-5DC53767B6DC.jpeg

A222494C-193C-4712-92C1-0689770439D9.jpeg
Those first two pics are not Bikini.
Your first pic is a custom paint job on a 2018 model. The second appears to be a wrap: the black door hinge and tailgate hinge bolts give that away as they are painting with the body at the factory.
The third pic is the rendering from Jeep. The OPs pics are actually from the assembly line so I would be go with those as the most accurate until you actually see one in person.

Jeeprubicongurl

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STI Limited
I’m not sure where Dave Smith Motors is- but I feel like I’ve read about them a few times around this forum. Most salesmen either creep me out or they are so arrogant- like they got their money, and forget that you are a customer. The guy I’ve been dealing with has been pretty awesome- I met with him in October, knowing I wouldn’t buy that day, sat in a few different ones with me, pointed out differences so that way I could spec mine out exactly like I wanted. I told him that the day it becomes available to order I want in. And on that day, he called. Great experience so far- younger guy, sounds exactly like Seth Rogen- even his laugh My husband even said “you know who he reminds me of...“
It will be worth the wait! I promise!
That’s awesome you’ve had an excellent experience so far! I had an amazing experience when I custom ordered my STI Limited with Subaru! No one has beat that dealerships level of service yet! I’m in Oregon and Dave Smith is in Idaho, so I’ll be driving seven hours to pick it up. I can’t wait to get my baby though! Been a long time coming lol I’ve wanted a Rubicon for fifteen years, I’ll be turning 30 next month so I figured why not get my dream vehicle :)
Sponsored