Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD, '04 M3
Occupation
USAF F-16 Crew Chief
So with the limited digging I've done, I managed to start a list tracking the production numbers for Gecko to kind of give a rough estimate on just how many JLs were built with this color. If you've got info to share, please do. Keep in mind, we're looking for raw trim production numbers here, not necessarily how rare your specific one is based on your options list.

Gecko numbers from 2021:
392 - 1 XR
Freedom 2dr - 1*
Willys 2dr - 143
Rubicon 2dr - 141
High Altitude - 57
Sahara 4xe - 215
Rubicon 4xe - 187
*Unknown if any others exist for 2dr Freedom

Missing numbers:
Rubicon 4dr
Sahara 4dr
Sport 2/4dr
Willys 4dr
Freedom 4dr
High Altitude 4xe

I'll do my best to keep this post accurate as a reference going forward. Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

DewHawk

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD, '04 M3
Occupation
USAF F-16 Crew Chief
I think the Sahara 2dr ended with the JK, I don't think they made any 2dr JL Sahara.
Looks like you're correct. I've never considered the Sahara for myself let alone the 2dr Wrangler because neither fits my needs so this is good info for me. Thanks

G-Oil Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon, 2021 JLUR Diesel - On order
Occupation
Engineer
Got out, and got into a blizzard at 6700ish ft Saturday. Gotta love the Canadian Rockies!
7C2C7849-FADD-47BC-89F8-F5446CADD021.jpeg
A0152ADA-13BE-4097-9D9A-4AA7F380F915.jpeg
god I wish they would have had the diesel in the 2 door option. Donā€™t get me wrong love my 4 door but always like the looks of the 2 door.

Geckosupra

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler
Hello Everyone,

I want to paint my front hooks and rear hook Gecko, Mopar PFM aerosol has been out of stock for months and the other sites with paInt are double the price plus want you to clear coat separately.

Does anyone have an extra can they would sell me? Even a used can with enough for 2 coats would be great for me.

Also, I saw Krylon Jungle Green at Lowes which looked close in color, anyone tried? Iā€™m fairly anal on matching .. but donā€™t care about scraping up on trails (weird right)

Thanks,

Mike - FL

Zoopy123

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Sahara
Occupation
Media Services
Hello Everyone,

I want to paint my front hooks and rear hook Gecko, Mopar PFM aerosol has been out of stock for months and the other sites with paInt are double the price plus want you to clear coat separately.

Does anyone have an extra can they would sell me? Even a used can with enough for 2 coats would be great for me.

Also, I saw Krylon Jungle Green at Lowes which looked close in color, anyone tried? Iā€™m fairly anal on matching .. but donā€™t care about scraping up on trails (weird right)

Thanks,

Mike - FL
I've bought the Krylon Jungle Green from Lowes and it's very close to Gecko. But the trouble I've had with it is that it's super runny and just doesn't spray like any of the other Krylon colors. First time I bought it from Lowes it was the only can and it didn't spray well so I returned it. A few months later they had more cans in and I bought another and it sprayed exactly the same, even after shaking it for what seemed like ever. I used it to spray paint a metal bracket that I'm going to eventually install under the hood for my winch power aux. So yeah, it works but the consistency is weird and watery... would probably work on the hooks but you'd have to do many passes and even then it might have tons of drip marks
Sponsored