Liked:
    I am with you!

Jeep4Life likes this.
  3. LS7

LS7 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    '66 CJ5, ‘18 JLUR
    Liked:
    Sounds good . I signed a purchase order for a Punk'n JLUR this morning. It's out there in never, never land waiting for ordering to actually open. February 5? I hope so.

Jeep4Life likes this.
  4. msujedi

msujedi Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jed
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 JLU Sport S Firecracker Red, 2014 Durango, 1999 Honda CRV
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    Wondering what Punk'n will actually look like ... no photos yet. The artist's rendering makes it look a little more subdued than Mango Tango. Have any of you seen photos of this color yet? (even if it's on a different vehicle?)
    Punk'n Wrangler.jpg Orange Wrangler.jpg

Jeep4Life likes this.
  5. obiwankabaldi

obiwankabaldi Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Lew
    Vehicle(s):
    Jeep Wrangler JL
    Liked:
    I also am waiting to buy my first ever Wrangler Sport S in Pumpkin. Anyone know when order will actually be taken.

6. Rubi-Zero

Rubi-Zero Well-Known Member

First Name:
    John
    Vehicle(s):
    JL Rubicon , Audi S5
    Liked:
    I have read feb 5th will open for punk-n and ocean blue orders

The only photo I have seen is in the brochure but no real life photos of them on the lots.

7. MidlifeCrisis

MidlifeCrisis Member

First Name:
    Tyler
    Vehicle(s):
    2008 Toyota 4runner
    Liked:
    I'm pretty sure it will be amazing. I love Mango Tango, but I think that the combination of Punk'n and the advancements in the JL versus the JK should be everything I could ever want in a daily driver Jeep that would be ready for anything. Can't wait. Must see in person as soon as possible. If it is as I expect, I'll be ordering soon.

Jeep4Life likes this.
  8. joedymueller

joedymueller Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Joedy
    Vehicle(s):
    JL Punk'n Rubicon
    Liked:
    I asked Craig about the February 5th for punk'n. He said he has not been told that is happening. So we will wait and see. I have my order waiting for the release though.

9. Abbey

Abbey Member

First Name:
    Scott
    Vehicle(s):
    2005 TJ
    Liked:
    Punk'n will be my color assuming I need to order to get the setup I want with manual, etc.

Jeep4Life likes this.
  10. Karl_in_Chicago

Karl_in_Chicago Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Karl
    Vehicle(s):
    Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
    Liked:
    If you are indicating you think you might find a combo you like with manual on a dealer lot vs ordering I wouldn't get your hopes up. Due to the overwhelming sales volume being automatics dealers don't order many manuals for themselves to put on the lot. I'd guess most manuals on dealer lots are ones ordered for a customer that then didn't complete the deal. My suggestion would be to just plan on ordering when the various options you desire become available for ordering - you will get exactly what you want and probably have better leverage on price negotiation as well.

11. Abbey

Abbey Member

First Name:
    Scott
    Vehicle(s):
    2005 TJ
    Liked:
    I am not in a hurry and not making any decisions until the turbo-4 is released. I initially thought I would be willing to give up the manual transmission if I liked the turbo-4, but the lag time has me leaning back to the manual for now. Either way I am keeping my manual TJ.

12. msujedi

First Name:
    Jed
    Vehicle(s):
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    I used to think I would only drive manuals. I loved that I could start my first old beater car by popping the clutch while rolling backwards out of a parking space. I loved choosing my shift points on my next car, a new-used sporty sedan. Even non-sporty cars can feel sporty with a manual. Shortly after getting married & teaching my wife how to drive a manual, we bought our first car together ... an automatic SUV since she'd be driving it more than I would. We eventually ended up with only automatics. I missed shifting & thought I'd get a manual sports car some day.

Now is the moment of truth. We're finally in the market for another car ... and it's mainly my choice. And, I'm getting an automatic Wrangler.
    While I think I could shift pretty fast, the 8spd auto is excellent. Traffic jams are doubly annoying in a manual over an auto. I'm no rock crawling expert, but when I did crawl, the auto I drove performed great. I love certain things about manuals, but I'm not sure if I'll ever own another.

Why a manual for you?

Jeep4Life likes this.
  13. Abbey

Abbey Member

First Name:
    Scott
    Vehicle(s):
    2005 TJ
    Liked:
    I did not intend the hijack the Punk'n thread into a discussion on transmission preferences, but the question of manual or not does determine whether I need to order or not.

Not as many "good" reasons as there used to be. Gas mileage isn't better than auto any more. I do like the control. I often engine brake to improve braking in snow and slippery conditions. If I am getting stuck in snow, the forward to reverse rocking is quicker with manual (at least compared to the automatics I have driven) and that rocking will usually get you out of it isn't really buried. I do not live in the city where stop and go matters (I can see the value of auto in stop and go). I do not live where there are many hill starts. I would still prefer manual even if the cost was the same, so paying $2k more for something I do not really want just bothers me. And a not good but a satisfying reason is when someone asks if they can drive my Jeep, and I respond "if you can drive a manual", I really like to see the dejected look on their face if they can't.

Icinia and RikFlairWoo like this.
  14. OP
    OP
    smuddy

smuddy Well-Known Member

First Name:
    shane
    Vehicle(s):
    JLUR
    Liked:
    I hope we can get this with black cloth seats and not the tan leather that the online build forces!

Jeep4Life likes this.
  15. msujedi

First Name:
    Jed
    Vehicle(s):
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    All good points. While autos make the most sense for me at this time, I do still miss driving a manual.

Back to Punk'n ... I went to the Detroit auto show yesterday hoping for Punk'n on some vehicle ... Dodge, Chrysler, Ram, Jeep, ... but nothing. Sorry all. There were no Jeeps on display that we haven't already seen via LA. Looks like we'll need to wait for actual production to begin before seeing the color.