Sponsored

Steering Damper replacement recall - successful?

Jebb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
We’re all free to talk about whatever we like, within reason, that’s what a forum is for. We’re also free to make sensational and lurid claims but do so at the risk of looking foolish if we can’t substantiate them.
I feel better claiming it's a problem than I do with you claiming it's not. As far as substantiating my claim, you can read through this forum, any of those 775,000 web posts I mentioned or this lawsuit: https://www.autonews.com/regulation-safety/fca-sued-over-alleged-jeep-wrangler-steering-issues

"While this lawsuit is not the first time we have seen complaints about this incredibly scary design flaw in Jeep Wranglers, the sheer volume of consumers raising the alarm should be taken very seriously by FCA," said Jason Levine, executive director of the Center for Auto Safety. "There's clearly a problem with the 2018 Wranglers that FCA needs to address on behalf of its owners and everyone else on the road."

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
More unsubstantiated nonsense.

"FCA US has not been served with this lawsuit and cannot comment on its allegations at this time,"

A lawyer discussing a lawsuit without serving it is proof of what?

The article also states “It does not mention any fatalities or injuries to the plaintiff or other Jeep Wrangler owners”. This doesn’t really advance your argument does it.

I’m not claiming there are no problems, I haven’t said that at all. I’m trying to suggest to you that making ridiculous claims about deaths doesn’t help your case when it’s just not true. It undermines the whole of your argument.

Last edited:

Jebb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
I’m trying to suggest to you that making ridiculous claims about deaths doesn’t help your case when it’s just not true. It undermines the whole of your argument.
Do you know much about law? Google "deliberate ignorance".

Rudolph, you just don’t get it......

see, Jeeps and, in fact, all solid front axle vehicles, are Inherently deadly and should be banned. Actual road data over decades doesn’t matter. Educated consumers don’t matter. Google searches and YouTube don’t matter. None of it matters. Jeeps should be banned because, apparently, a hypothetical woman “sally”, “mom”, or “sis” (always a women.... sexist much?) may get scared and have an accident.
And YOU don't get it. Jeeps are not just sold to just the physically strong and experienced - they are sold to the entire car buying population. If there is a know issue it needs to be seriously addressed and not just brushed off as "that's just how it is". I would bet you that most Jeep buyers have NO IDEA about this problem when they purchase.

(always a women.... sexist much?)
Bag the politically correct BS. I am referring to anyone who may not have the ability to keep their Jeep in control if they can't steer it normally. Yes, 90 pound, 16 year old "Sally" comes to mind.

There's a cat ON my Jeep with it's death wobble....I'm up shits creek.
Interesting that you mock my comments here when you said this previously:

...last weekend I had it on the highway and was going 75 and got MAJOR DW. If the recalled part doesn't fix it I don't even know where to go from there :(
If it's not a problem why do you sound so concerned? Keep driving it as-is. However, if you lose control of it on the highway and injure or kill someone then you WILL have a problem. A big one.

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired

And YOU don't get it. Jeeps are not just sold to just the physically strong and experienced - they are sold to the entire car buying population. If there is a know issue it needs to be seriously addressed and not just brushed off as "that's just how it is". I would bet you that 99% of Jeep buyers have NO IDEA about this problem when they purchase.

Bag the politically correct BS. I am referring to anyone who may not have the ability to keep their Jeep in control if they can't steer it normally. Yes, 90 pound, 16 year old "Sally" comes to mind.

If it's not a problem why do you sound so concerned? Keep driving it as-is. However, if you lose control of it on the highway and injure or kill someone then you WILL have a problem. A big one.
lol

Sponsored

miranda_majo

First Name
Miranda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 78 Corvette

And YOU don't get it. Jeeps are not just sold to just the physically strong and experienced - they are sold to the entire car buying population. If there is a know issue it needs to be seriously addressed and not just brushed off as "that's just how it is". I would bet you that most Jeep buyers have NO IDEA about this problem when they purchase.

If it's not a problem why do you sound so concerned? Keep driving it as-is. However, if you lose control of it on the highway and injure or kill someone then you WILL have a problem. A

Not once did I say anything about losing control of my vehicle. Not once did I say I was concerned about safety. The only "concern" that I had is if the recalled part didn't fix my Jeep I wouldn't get it back. If "sally" can't handle an emergency then "sally" shouldn't be driving anything at all. ANY vehicle can have an issue and you need to have half a fucking brain in your head and not panic. Sounds like you just have a problem with anyone and anything. So I'm sorry you're a miserable asshole, I hope you find peace. It's must be tiring being so hostile all of the time. Peace. Merry Christmas

omi205

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Have to go to my dealer this week to get mine checked out. Just hit 1,000miles and had my first experience with DW today on the highway. Hit me twice. Had to pull over twice on the highway. Its not crazy to the point that your vehicle is uncontrollable but yah...its not nice to say the least. If it would go away with some turning or slowing down or speeding up that would be one thing but that fact that you have to come to a complete stop or almost a complete stop is damn annoying. Welp. Cheers to having this same part serviced for the next several years. What did the lawyers call the new steering damper...a band-aid on a broken knew. lol. Oh and mine has the new steering damper already. FML.
Sponsored