OP

Student JL

First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Sahara
The advisor said I had my equalizer improperly tuned, but I feel like the speakers should work fine at any volume or tune
Was the dealer able to fix the other issues with the "squeal" and steering?
Sponsored

namodei

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Sales Engineer
The advisor said I had my equalizer improperly tuned, but I feel like the speakers should work fine at any volume or tune
Do you have the alpine system? My front dash speakers sound weird as well. Kind of like a crackle noise...

4thjeep

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 1500
Was the dealer able to fix the other issues with the "squeal" and steering?
The speaker issue was due to my cord, so I had to replace that. The steeeeing was corrected with a balance and alignment, and the squeaking is still a thing they are unable to correct

Justtiffmonae

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sahara Unlimited
So I picked the car up today, they were able to easily fix the leak with the freedom top.
The service advisor said the "squeal" was normal after letting the vehicle sit for an extended period of time (something about the oil) and he knew exactly what I was talking about. I really didn't feel like getting into it so I picked it up and left.
I also had a leak problem the very next day after picking it up from delivery, it was raining all day and night and when I went to move I noticed when I stopped at a stop sign water was running down the outside of the windsheild which I just turned the wipers on but then I saw drippings coming in unto the rear view mirror and into the cup holders so my guess was settled water sitting on the panels. How did your dealership fix the issue? I dropped mine off on Thursday for them to look into it and there was heavy windy rain all day yesterday and they said it did not leak at all so they now want to hold on to it all weekend :headbang: maybe I can mention what it was your dealership fixed so I can get it back sooner.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Student JL

First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also had a leak problem the very next day after picking it up from delivery, it was raining all day and night and when I went to move I noticed when I stopped at a stop sign water was running down the outside of the windsheild which I just turned the wipers on but then I saw drippings coming in unto the rear view mirror and into the cup holders so my guess was settled water sitting on the panels. How did your dealership fix the issue? I dropped mine off on Thursday for them to look into it and there was heavy windy rain all day yesterday and they said it did not leak at all so they now want to hold on to it all weekend :headbang: maybe I can mention what it was your dealership fixed so I can get it back sooner.
The stripping around the panel is what they told me. That's exactly where the water was coming in my car as well. It's been raining on and off this past week and I haven't had any leaks since. Did you take any pictures of the leaking?

Justtiffmonae

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sahara Unlimited
Yea, they just called and told me I can get it now becuase they did the water test and haven't found and leaks?! This is so weird now I'm afraid if I leave and the next time it rains it happens again

IMG_2264.JPG
IMG_2265.JPG
The stripping around the panel is what they told me. That's exactly where the water was coming in my car as well. It's been raining on and off this past week and I haven't had any leaks since. Did you take any pictures of the leaking?

OP
OP

Student JL

First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea, they just called and told me I can get it now becuase they did the water test and haven't found and leaks?! This is so weird now I'm afraid if I leave and the next time it rains it happens again

IMG_2264.JPG
IMG_2265.JPG
Yeah they need to replace that weather stripping. Your Jeep has the freedom hardtop too?

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
I hate dealing with the dealer service department!

Sponsored

mic.rempel

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2018 Grand Cherokee
Picked my JL up last Friday and I'm experiencing the squealing on start-up as well. Like others, it's not every time. I have about 250 miles so far, and have heard it 3 or 4 times.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Picked my JL up last Friday and I'm experiencing the squealing on start-up as well. Like others, it's not every time. I have about 250 miles so far, and have heard it 3 or 4 times.
Is it a squealing like a belt or like metal to metal? Hopefully it is the former and not an area of the engine being starved of oil upon start up.

Is it repeatable? Does it only happen upon cold starts or when sitting for awhile?

Do you notice it when the stop/start is engaged during city driving?

mic.rempel

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2018 Grand Cherokee
Is it a squealing like a belt or like metal to metal? Hopefully it is the former and not an area of the engine being starved of oil upon start up.

Is it repeatable? Does it only happen upon cold starts or when sitting for awhile?

Do you notice it when the stop/start is engaged during city driving?
I couldn't say for sure at this point, I too am hoping it's just a belt issue. It is not repeatable, it's happened on both cold and warm starts. It has never happened when I've used the stop/start system, only on initial startup. I need more time with it to reliably report a trend.

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
I'd like to know if a JLU owner with say 2,000 miles+ has this issue. Perhaps it is something that will stop after serpentine belt is broken in a bit.

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
To me it doesn't sound like a belt issue or metal on metal. The fact that everyone hears it, it is probably something to do with the new V6. I am personally not worried about it. To me it sounds more like a whistle or something.
Sponsored