Sponsored

Squeal when starting JL?! **UPDATE NEW PROBLEM**

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
It did it again this morning and it was loud. My appointment isn't until at the end of the week (only time I'm free to take it in). I'll keep everyone updated.
Just keep us posted, I do believe i heard today. But my first start is I always in garage. I never hear it outside... I do believe it's nothing to worry about though..
Sponsored

Blood Type J+

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 TJ Sport 6-cyl
It did it again this morning and it was loud. My appointment isn't until at the end of the week (only time I'm free to take it in). I'll keep everyone updated.
Was it cold where you are? My TJ was very hard to get properly tightened and it was worst in cold weather. When cold was the problem, it would be fine a few miles later once it warmed up. I changed to a better quality belt but it still had to be adjusted extra tight to be squeal-free.

OP
OP

Student JL

First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Sahara
Was it cold where you are? My TJ was very hard to get properly tightened and it was worst in cold weather. When cold was the problem, it would be fine a few miles later once it warmed up. I changed to a better quality belt but it still had to be adjusted extra tight to be squeal-free.
It wasn't cold this morning at all, around 60 when I left home around 8 AM. I just hope it's a minor fix with the belt, just annoying since it's brand new.

First Name
Jr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Military
It wasn't cold this morning at all, around 60 when I left home around 8 AM. I just hope it's a minor fix with the belt, just annoying since it's brand new.
I got my JL abt a week ago and it’s been making the same noise. I have an appointment next week. Good thing I got the lifetime warranty with unlimited miles.

OP
OP

Student JL

First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well the car is leaking now....I have no idea what to do at this point

Sponsored

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
Leaking what?

OP
OP

Student JL

First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I updated my main post at the beginning of the thread, but it's leaking water. It's been raining all day and water has been coming inside the vehicle.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer
Well the car is leaking now....I have no idea what to do at this point
Rear view mirror works indicate to me that a little water is getting in center seam of freedom panels. Have you removed them, checked them out for consistency across the seams? Maybe take out check seals look for moisture. I would guess that its an eazy fix

Sponsored

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
Rear view mirror works indicate to me that a little water is getting in center seam of freedom panels. Have you removed them, checked them out for consistency across the seams? Maybe take out check seals look for moisture. I would guess that its an eazy fix
This ^

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer
Damn typos! I changed the settings as per @JAY. I think it's better now.

OP
OP

Student JL

First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm taking it in tomorrow, so I'll let everyone know what's going on. I've been so busy with work that this is the first day I'm able to handle these issues.

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Mine has had ton of snow piled on top no leaks yet (knock on wood).
Mine makes sort of a quick high pitched whooshing sound. Less of a squeal, think that is what it is maybe? Doesn’t sound concerning to me. Doesn’t sound like a belt or anything

tdubs

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Black
Just picked up my Rubi last night. So many new things, haven't had time to pay attention to all the nuances yet. However just ran out to the jeep to move it and noticed a chirp/squeal on startup. Only noticed it the one time so far but will be paying more attention going forward. Interested in what you dealership has to say.
Sponsored