1995 Jeep Cherokee

Formattc

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Sarge Green
And from the 'brochure' on the 2020 JL, here's a shot of the palette. I don't think any of the colors rendered well, but it does show Jeep's intent to offer Sarge Green for the 2020 JL.
This is the best evidence of Sarge I've seen so far, thanks! Much as it's killing me, I'm going to hold out a bit longer, this is literally my ideal color.

PS: ....and apparently it is indeed replacing Mojito!.

Last edited:

Formattc

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Sarge Green
I again talked to a dealer I've been talking to and he confirmed that Sarge will replace Mojito, but he didn't have an availability date.

jl73660

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moving on up .....
I heard to today that Sarge Green being issued with the fix of the Death Wobble and the Wondering for 2021 !

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
So I went into a local dealer yesterday, Gladstone CDJR, and they had no idea what I was talking about when I asked about Sarge. They also said that doesn't necessarily mean anything and they'd call me when they know for sure. This may sound ridiculous but no Sarge, no Wrangler, the color is that important to me because I hate the current color lineup.

PS: I should probably make it clear that this doesn't mean I won't buy anything. I'm torn between the Wrangler and Gladiator to the point that I was going to let the color decide. So, no Sarge on the Wrangler means I'll probably buy a JTR in Gator.
Jeep salespeople are always the last to find out anything; this is a well established tradition.

It’s a Jeep thing. They wouldn’t understand.

PS - Sarge is likely to reappear on Wrangler. So you may have to decide the old-fashion way: tossing a coin...

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I again talked to a dealer I've been talking to and he confirmed that Sarge will replace Mojito, but he didn't have an availability date.
I am glad that I did not wait to buy my Mojito! Rubicon then, but Hella Yella and Punk'n were secondary choices too.

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
This is the best evidence of Sarge I've seen so far, thanks! Much as it's killing me, I'm going to hold out a bit longer, this is literally my ideal color.

PS: ....and apparently it is indeed replacing Mojito!.
This is my top color choice right now, however looking at the color chip it looks metallic, Im hoping its not.

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S 3.6/auto, 2014 Acura RDX
Occupation
Retired USMC
This is my top color choice right now, however looking at the color chip it looks metallic, Im hoping its not.
I'm the exact opposite - I like the chip color but not sure about the color on the jeep/picture. Looks like one of those colors you have to see in person.

Formattc

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Sarge Green
Well, if it's the same Sarge Green they used in 2016, it's not. Also, the metallic colors are actually noted on the brochure. I'm with you, no metallic paint.

Sponsored

Jeep75th

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler 75th Anniversary
Here’s a real world sarge green next to my GCM without the sun on it, it actually is a dark green in the shade. When the suns on it, it pops.

45265282-7FC5-4BA2-8F13-4DE289C42AC6.jpeg

Timmyjoe

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport-S "Islander" (2-Door)
Saw a used Sarge Green Wrangler today at our local dealer, like Jeep75th's picture, it was raining/sleeting, and in the dull grey light it looked very dark green.

There was also another used Wrangler that had what I'd call a "puke green" paint, looking like a very light olive drab/desert tan color. I believe it was a factory color too at one time.

Best,
-Tim

ArielPR

First Name
Zed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Saw a used Sarge Green Wrangler today at our local dealer, like Jeep75th's picture, it was raining/sleeting, and in the dull grey light it looked very dark green.

There was also another used Wrangler that had what I'd call a "puke green" paint, looking like a very light olive drab/desert tan color. I believe it was a factory color too at one time.

Best,
-Tim
When will be available, I am dying here!