First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 jeep 392, Mercedes E 53 convt, Prevost H3-41
Occupation
Retired
I have looked at two new Sahara JL's, one at Carl Burger in La Mesa and one at Bob Baker in Carlsbad. Both hardtops and neither one had the rear side glass that was removable. Both had the freedom top removable panels above the driver and passenger.

Have I misunderstood? I've watched the Jeep unveiling videos, and they proudly showed off how the rear side glass windows are so easily removable. I don't remember anything being model specific either, what am I missing or have some of the early JLs come with last years top? Neither salespeople could shed any light.
Sponsored

PaK1605

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JL / 2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL
Occupation
UPS driver
I have looked at two new Sahara JL's, one at Carl Burger in La Mesa and one at Bob Baker in Carlsbad. Both hardtops and neither one had the rear side glass that was removable. Both had the freedom top removable panels above the driver and passenger.

Have I misunderstood? I've watched the Jeep unveiling videos, and they proudly showed off how the rear side glass windows are so easily removable. I don't remember anything being model specific either, what am I missing or have some of the early JLs come with last years top? Neither salespeople could shed any light.
That's only for the new retractable sunroof

OP
OP
Mrjimmystewart

Mrjimmystewart

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 jeep 392, Mercedes E 53 convt, Prevost H3-41
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for the clarification, I missed that in the presentation. And yes, johnnytaco, that totally sucks!

Guess I’m waiting for sure on Sky one Touch!

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter

That’s only if get the the one touch auto Sun roof

Sponsored

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
That’s only if get the the one touch auto Sun roof
Thanks for the clarification, I missed that in the presentation. And yes, johnnytaco, that totally sucks!

Guess I’m waiting for sure on Sky one Touch!
The one touch top can’t be removed or it’s recommended by Jeep not to be removed, that’s what made me go with the duel top

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter

whyjguy

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi, 1994 YJ
i think i read that its a pain to rig the power top to pull evenly if you remove the entire top so thats why they have the removable panels.
Sponsored