Sponsored

Question for all the hardtop owners...

yugi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Can you have only one panel out and leave the other panel installed in the jeep with the hardtop attached while driving around or do you have to have both panels out? Anybody been doing this with any problems?

Thanks,
Yugi
Sponsored

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Can you have only one panel out and leave the other panel installed in the jeep with the hardtop attached while driving around or do you have to have both panels out? Anybody been doing this with any problems?

Thanks,
Yugi
You can remove one panel or both and be aok to drive around.

OP
OP

yugi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I know they can be removed independently. But my question is can you drive with just one panel remove, one panel attached and the main hardtop attached. Will there be too much air flow for the one panel to stay secure to the main hardtop??

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
I know they can be removed independently. But my question is can you drive with just one panel remove, one panel attached and the main hardtop attached. Will there be too much air flow for the one panel to stay secure to the main hardtop??
@yugi .. As I said, "You can remove one panel or both and be aok to drive around." Again, YES you can and no the remaining panel is going nowhere. Airflow will not affect the panel. Each panel is very, very securely fastened with its own fasteners.

Sponsored

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep unlimted Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
WHY ?

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara

I'm going to guess Dan because Yugi and I have something in common: a mother-in-law we take places who may be sun-adverse.

ekimgnuj

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Cary & Carolina Beach NC; Boston; Port Jeff, NY
Vehicle(s)
'24 JLU Sahara, '18 JLU Sport
Clubs

Thanks,
Yugi
Hopefully you got the right information below, I would have thought (without reading the manual of course) that the answer was NO NO NO! I mean, yes, you can, but no you shouldn't! But apparently you can. I would definitely look at the manual at this one, I guarantee there is an answer there - and I would go by that so you don't have one panel fly off at highway speeds!

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
Hopefully you got the right information below, I would have thought (without reading the manual of course) that the answer was NO NO NO! I mean, yes, you can, but no you shouldn't! But apparently you can. I would definitely look at the manual at this one, I guarantee there is an answer there - and I would go by that so you don't have one panel fly off at highway speeds!
After nearly 4 years since he asked that he's probably already done it by now. ;)
Sponsored