Sponsored

Question for Bestop Sunrider owners

Reabob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sahara unlimited 2018
For winter, easy on/off so because of removing snow I do swap. I know folks remove snow from soft tops probably all the time but I feel more comfortable putting the panels on end of November and putting back on middle to end of march.

My opinion the panels do retain a bit more heat, heater works less with them. The Sunrider is tight and repels the weather very well but Just a 10/15 minute change over in N.E. winter weather feels best.

Love the Sunrider, wish I had one on my last JKU!!!

Go Jeep!!!
Same for me, When we get 10-15 inches of snow, not confident enough with Sunrider.
Sponsored

Jtleng

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I wanted to hear from actual users about their experience.

1. What is the noise difference between the freedom panels and closed sunrider?

2. Do you have any wind buffeting or flapping with the open sunrider?

3. Have you had any mounting issues or leakage issues?

4.Have you noticed interior temperature difference between the closed sunrider and the freedom panels?

Thanks for any replies, information.
Question,
When I open the top there is a creaking sound, I believe it is coming from the cable,
Is this normal and if not is there a way to fix it?

OP
OP
firemk

firemk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S (Punk'n)
I have never heard anything. I would call Bestop customer service and see what they say. They were very helpful on the one call that I made to them.

Jtleng

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I have never heard anything. I would call Bestop customer service and see what they say. They were very helpful on the one call that I made to them.
Thank you for the reply,
I will call them on Monday

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Question,
When I open the top there is a creaking sound, I believe it is coming from the cable,
Definitely not normal, though I've heard of it. IIRC there is a way to adjust/fix it.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Question,
Give our customer service team a call tomorrow and they should be able to help. You can reach them at

800-845-3567 Monday-Friday 8-5PM (Mountain)

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

LowCountry

First Name
allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet Sport
I know OP has had their questions answered many times over by now but having my Sunrider installed for a few days now I thought I'd throw my .02 in.
1. I believe the Sunrider is a little quieter, I believe since it's fabric vs a hard surface it's more of a muffled sound

2. With the SR open I think the wind buffeting is much less than the open top. This always bothered me with taking the freedom panels off was the buffeting right by my ear from the air hitting the leading edge of the hardtop but with the SR it's much quieter and less buffeting

3. No mounting issues or leaking so far...this thing is tight as a drum and the twill looks awesome

4. Can't tell much of a temp difference but only had it on a few days

Can't believe I waited this long to get this, I should have jumped on the introductory offer last year. This makes having the hardtop so much more enjoyable and its quiet and seems to let less wind in when open. I take my hardtop off quite often when the weather allows so I'm hoping this is not too much of a pain to work around when I'm ready to slide the top off. I do think I may leave this on sometimes when topless and use as a sunshade

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
....Can't believe I waited this long to get this, I should have jumped on the introductory offer last year. This makes having the hardtop so much more enjoyable.....
I couldn't agree more. This is exactly how I feel about it too.

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
I concur 100% and I did jump on the intro offering and got a really good price because of the delay in production. I have had it installed for over a year now and no issues at all. I said I was going to switch back to the panels for the winter (I'm in Maryland) but temps have been so mild I may not. For me its the best of both worlds, in less than 5 seconds I have open air driving still keeping the security of a hardtop. No more fumbling with those panels having to pull over to the side of the road or get caught in a rain shower in traffic and getting wet. Plus I'm looking at mounting a roof top tent and can still use the sunder...

Sponsored

LSU1

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep Jl sport
If you have any worries about it leaking, DONT!! Have had my own all winter and this past weekend it rained for hours. Didnt leak a drop!!!

Pattyolc

First Name
Patty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU Granite Crystal
If you have any worries about it leaking, DONT!! Have had my own all winter and this past weekend it rained for hours. Didnt leak a drop!!!
Hours? it's been raining in GA for days..nothing but a lovely dry jeep..Love my bestop sunrider!

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
..... I said I was going to switch back to the panels for the winter (I'm in Maryland) but temps have been so mild I may not. ...
I was planning on doing the same thing, but like you, I left it on for the winter. No issues at all. Granted my Jeep is garage kept so it doesn't sit all night in the elements, but we get a lot of snow in NE Ohio (lake effect is significant). It's had no issues with snow, ice or rain. This top is the absolute best of both worlds. Security of hard top all around, with convenience of soft top over the front seats. Perfect.
Sponsored