Ford Pass is free for all owners

Speedracer

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara JL 2.0
My in laws just bought a new Ford Expedition and I learned that Ford Pass, the equivalent to uconnect, is now free to Ford owners. I think this is a good step forward for competition, but do you think Uconnect's XM Guardian will ever be free> $14.99 a month isn't exactly cheap. My first year is ending in October, maybe CDJR will take note...Fill in here ______that Ford needs to do something to get people to buy their vehicles, LOL
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Uconnect isn't from the dealership, it comes from the manufacturer, new jeeps come with one year complimentary
Uconnect is the suite built into the infotainment system. Is what allows your Jeep to connect with your phone, to stream music, to use the navigation and all that. It comes included in the price of the Jeep.

Are you talking about the SiriusXM satellite radio subscription? That’s the only thing I know comes with a one-year free trial.

Then there’s SiriusXM Guardian, a —useless IMO— vehicle monitoring service they want me to subscribe to but I won’t. And SiriusXM TravelLink gives you traffic and weather; it’s free for 5 years.

I won’t pay for anything Sirius offers; their customer service is simply the worst.

OP
OP
Speedracer

Speedracer

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara JL 2.0
No, I'm referring to the UConnect app that allows you to lock/unlock your doors, check tire pressure, oil life, location of vehicle, etc....from your phone

Sponsored

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Family business in India and USA (dual citizen of both)
Uconnect is the suite built into the infotainment system. Is what allows your Jeep to connect with your phone, to stream music, to use the navigation and all that. It comes included in the price of the Jeep.

Are you talking about the SiriusXM satellite radio subscription? That’s the only thing I know comes with a one-year free trial.

Then there’s SiriusXM Guardian, a —useless IMO— vehicle monitoring service they want me to subscribe to but I won’t. And SiriusXM TravelLink gives you traffic and weather; it’s free for 5 years.

I won’t pay for anything Sirius offers; their customer service is simply the worst.
The XM Guardian is a useful feature to have if you live in the hood or close to one. It can track your Jeep via your cellphone amongst many things. It is a good way to see where less productive members of society have "borrowed" your Jeep to.

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
No, I'm referring to the UConnect app that allows you to lock/unlock your doors, check tire pressure, oil life, location of vehicle, etc....from your phone
You are talking about the XM Guardian. It is that feature which allows you to do that.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The XM Guardian is a useful feature to have if you live in the hood or close to one. It can track your Jeep via your cellphone amongst many things. It is a good way to see where less productive members of society have "borrowed" your Jeep to.
Good to know.

I don’t need it then:

Sponsored

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Good to know.

I don’t need it then:
I have it as auto theft is on the rise on Long Island due to COVID and some government policies let us just say. I paid $270 for a 12 month subscription just last week. Hoping I don't have to use it because someone stole my Jeep. But still have it for safety reasons.

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yes, Guardian
Oh they may make it free down the road but probably raise the price slightly on something else. Won't be surprised if Ford did the same for their models.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I have it as auto theft is on the rise on Long Island due to COVID and some government policies let us just say. I paid $270 for a 12 month subscription just last week. Hoping I don't have to use it because someone stole my Jeep. But still have it for safety reasons.
I live in a town of 80,000 souls. People still leave their front doors unlocked.

I have dealt with Sirius in the past; they embody shitty customer service. I will never again pay for anything they offer.

I genuinely hope you never need to use their services; once my Jeep has been stolen I doubt I’d want it back. But if you ever have to deal with Sirius, you will wish you never did.

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I live in a town of 80,000 souls. People still leave their front doors unlocked.

I have dealt with Sirius in the past; they embody shitty customer service.

I genuinely hope you never need to use their services; once my Jeep has been stolen I doubt I’d want it back. But if you ever deal with Sirius, you will wish you never did.
I live in a town of 68k souls. My town is pretty safe but is sandwiched between Wyandanch, NY and Brentwood, NY. In Wyandanch you have two career choices: Bloods or Crips. In Brentwood your choices are even better: Latin Kings or MS-13. Although my town is a relatively safe haven from all, it is still a little too close to comfort for me. Almost everyone here has a car security system due to that.

No wonder house prices in my town are more than 2 or 3x of Wyandanch or Brentwood. Gang members then get confused whether to put money for a bigger down payment or buy themselves a couple of mini Uzi's instead.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I live in a town of 68k souls. My town is pretty safe but is sandwiched between Wyandanch, NY and Brentwood, NY. In Wyandanch you have two career choices: Bloods or Crips. In Brentwood your choices are even better: Latin Kings or MS-13. Although my town is a relatively safe haven from all, it is still a little too close to comfort for me. Almost everyone here has a car security system due to that.

No wonder house prices in my town are more than 2 or 3x of Wyandanch or Brentwood. Gang members then get confused whether to put money for a bigger down payment or buy themselves a couple of mini Uzi's instead.
After 5 minutes on the phone with a Sirius “customer representative”, you will wish you were talking to someone from the Crips or the Latin Kings...! :LOL:
Sponsored