www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Installed a roam Vagabond RTT. Took some time and three of us to get it in on the rhino rack. But all said and done it came out just how I wanted it!

8B779B58-E4EB-468B-B224-42E6E56EC83D.jpeg

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
And another thing... so in finishing up the front RH LCA front skids, I ran in to a little bitty problem on passenger-side. There was a cover I had to remove (between the LCA mount & pumpkin) to get the bolt in place, but the cover would not fit over the nut. I couldn't get it behind the nut. I tried reversing the bolt, with the nut on the wheel side. Still no go since the bolt head wouldn't get past the Torx bolts.

I like the skids, but I don't like being without a protective cover. I had to do without it, but is this a skid plate for the differential or just a cover, and should I be ok without it considering I don't bang on a rock?

dana_02.jpg

dana_01.jpg
Looks like the skid for the FAD. I would want on there. Is it possible the LCA’s are side specific? Can’t imagine Rock Hard wouldn’t have took the FAD into consideration.

Firemadz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
Attempted to install my Go Rhino Rockline full-width rear bumper. It’s on for now, but at the end of the install, I discovered that despite the fact that both the manufacturer and Extreme Terrain advertise it as being compatible with the OEM hitch, it is not. Bumper won’t mount with the hitch on, the mounting bolts stop the bumper from sliding on all the way, and the wiring harness plug door won’t open, as the bottom edge of the bumper partially obstructs it. Needless to say, I was not happy, but it was 9pm, and I wasn’t in the mood to remove it. Have voicemails and emails in to both vendor and manufacturer, if I don’t hear anything by late Monday, you can bet I’ll be calling them constantly. One thing’s for sure, it will not be me that removes this bumper and installs something else...

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like the skid for the FAD. I would want on there. Is it possible the LCA’s are side specific? Can’t imagine Rock Hard wouldn’t have took the FAD into consideration.
Their instructions mention they're not driver-/passenger-side specific...each side is identical. I thought maybe I mounted backwards, but that's not possible since the angled side wouldn't fit against the control arm. I've asked them about it & I'm just waiting for them to get back to me.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
And another thing... so in finishing up the front RH LCA front skids, I ran into a little bitty problem on passenger-side. There was a cover I had to remove (between the LCA mount & pumpkin) to get the bolt in place, but the cover would not fit over the nut. I couldn't get it behind the nut. I tried reversing the bolt, with the nut on the wheel side. Still no go since the bolt head wouldn't get past the Torx bolts.

I like the skids, but I don't like being without a protective cover. I had to do without it, but is this a skid plate for the differential or just a cover, and should I be ok without it considering I don't bang on a rock?

dana_02.jpg

dana_01.jpg
Can you drill a hole in the fad skid for the head of the bolt if you turn the bolt around?

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Can you drill a hole in the fad skid for the head of the bolt if you turn the bolt around?
That's a good idea, and I think I can, or at least a space as a last resort with the bolt head on the tire side. There's no way to get it on with the bolt head on the diff side. The skid's there for a reason & I don't like not having it.

I can't possibly be the first to have mounted these things.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
That's a good idea, and I think I can, or at least a space as a last resort with the bolt head on the tire side. There's no way to get it on with the bolt head on the diff side. The skid's there for a reason & I don't like not having it.

I can't possibly be the first to have mounted these things.
You can put it in a vise and use a metal hole saw. Just make a pilot hole even though the hole saw has a pilot bit, it makes it easier. I did this on my lca brackets to clear the jam but at full drop.

097077B5-28F7-4C20-9D40-BBFCC5295703.jpeg

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Is that a Jeep cockpit or a spaceship? Holy cow, that looks awesome! And, yeah, everyone puts crap in the cupholders :(

Last iteration (hopefully) of my interior tech. Added two CMM gram handle bars. One two move my iPad out of the way, the other so my wife will stop putting her phone in the cup holders. (She just puts other crap in the cup holders now). Ran all the wires through the dash so my OCD can chill a little bit. Drilled a little hole in the console for my phone cable so it’s hooked up to car play.

The hardware is a mish-mash of 67, Ram and Tackform. I’m really impressed with Tackform, they make components that work with all the other brands so you can create what ever you want. Their customer service is second to none. The owner had multiple calls with me trying to come up with the best solution for my Jeep, and their stuff is high quality. He sent me components to try and really bent over backwards to help. 5 stars.

B08D0277-0FC8-450E-B300-8995D6A3E82B.jpeg

CDF7C21B-595B-45EF-8AB2-ACBC34D327E2.jpeg

1451A7D3-7955-4310-977E-A3ADB1C26E6D.jpeg

AE770014-252C-4940-A38A-3FF39631F43B.jpeg

5C5B1EA7-2AC3-4AD4-A588-5C60CBB98F97.jpeg

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Is that a Jeep cockpit or a spaceship? Holy cow, that looks awesome! And, yeah, everyone puts crap in the cupholders :(
Haha, thanks. I drive all over the SE looking at timber so I do a lot of off-road navigation. 30-40k per year.

OldJupiter

First Name
Old Jupiter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door JL Sport
How do you like the deflector so far? I’m interested in one as well and was curious how effective it is.
It works on about 60% of the windshield. I have noticed some bugs and debris hit the middle of the hood and skyrocket up and over. If something is going to hit (given the size) it should only hit the top portion of the windshield. I have also noticed that it helps with the wind coming into the cabin. The wind has moved a bit further back behind my ear (specific to my height and seating position) Overall it works and I recommend. I'll be able to tell you more once it rains/snows.