What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Jeepney18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Corolla S, 2018 JL Sport S Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Wired up the ROAM rock rail lights today. Swapped out the ones that came with the rails for amber colored ones. I didn't do the wiring unfortunately. Electrical wiring is a mod area I need to get smarter in. So I had a mechanic friend help out. Very happy!
IMG_20190729_194349.jpg
Do you know where the power source is coming from to light it up?

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
Do you know where the power source is coming from to light it up?
There is a thread on it. Thread suggests using the light in the passenger side footwell, thats what i used. Any time you open or close the doors the lights come on and if you turn on the dome light the lights come on. Works perfectly. I'd like to know what lights those are. 2 of the lights on my steps are fading and I need to replace them. Thinking of going with the yellow lights like he has, they look really nice.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Actually i found part of the problem. Its even better than i thought....the brake calipers have no bolts in them

D4716511-5491-4D5C-95FE-9E2EE693976F.jpeg

DEA1646E-ABFF-48DB-A64D-02BABFC46E57.jpeg
Oh my

Brett

Sand Flea

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited, Sahara
Occupation
Federal Firefighter, Retired
For the past 4 years I've been using a Thule 'Spare Me' bike carrier to transport my sand chairs and umbrellas to the beach when surf fishing.
The bike carrier works well enough, but sometimes the blocks and straps for the bikes get in the way when loading beach chairs.
I found a NIB Thule 'Spare Me' bike carrier on Ebay for an amazing low price, so I bid on it and won!

Today I mounted the new bike carrier making sure all the parts and pieces worked as they should.
Once that was done, It was time to modify the old bike carrier for dedicated beach duty.

A Dremel with a cutoff wheel made quick work of the plastic blocks.
After that, I zip-tied some pipe insulation to the horizontal supports, and just like that, I'm done!

IMG_7933.jpg

IMG_7993.jpg

IMG_7994.jpg

IMG_7995.jpg

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Alright so rebel towed it back to thier shop. Took it all apart rechecked and torqued and loctited everything. Apologized and sent me on my way. Happy they took care of it, just a major major hassle and oversight by someone. Ill keep my rebel sticker on for now lol

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Alright so rebel towed it back to thier shop. Took it all apart rechecked and torqued and loctited everything. Apologized and sent me on my way. Happy they took care of it, just a major major hassle and oversight by someone. Ill keep my rebel sticker on for now lol
Glad they stepped up......:like:

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I don't get the banned site stuff. Is it about sponsorship or something because he's plugged the forum before on his channel?
It's reciprocal. He used to own jk-forum and would ban people just for mentioning that they were using a lift that wasn't one of his sponsors. To this day there are some companies that I will not purchase from because they bought into and supported that culture. Funny thing is that most of them were also burned by him eventually. I won't even watch his videos as I don't want to give him any advertising revenue.

Jeepney18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Corolla S, 2018 JL Sport S Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
There is a thread on it. Thread suggests using the light in the passenger side footwell, thats what i used. Any time you open or close the doors the lights come on and if you turn on the dome light the lights come on. Works perfectly. I'd like to know what lights those are. 2 of the lights on my steps are fading and I need to replace them. Thinking of going with the yellow lights like he has, they look really nice.
Thanks, there's a link to it on one of the posts.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018G5MY5O/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A1HUKFKSGZID4U&psc=1

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
Made a little rubber cover for the fog-light wiring opening of the steel front bumper

1E1E1731-841D-448D-B368-792B7BCB857E.jpeg

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Finally finished up the DV8 beadlocks on the Jeep. I think they look pretty sweeet. This is how the convo went at the tire shop.

Tire Guy: Those rims look great. Are you doing any more mods?

Me: Thanks. The rims were the last modification I plan on doing. Im completely fini.....[glance at my Jeep for a few seconds]. Do you think I should lift it more? It looks kinda low now.

Tire guy: Absolutely.

0C2B309A-BBB7-4DB6-BD3A-2C3E210E0553.jpeg

WillDo559

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon unlimited
You should have asked for a complementary coilover kit!

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Finally finished up the DV8 beadlocks on the Jeep. I think they look pretty sweeet. This is how the convo went at the tire shop.

Tire Guy: Those rims look great. Are you doing any more mods?

Me: Thanks. The rims were the last modification I plan on doing. Im completely fini.....[glance at my Jeep for a few seconds]. Do you think I should lift it more? It looks kinda low now.

Tire guy: Absolutely.

0C2B309A-BBB7-4DB6-BD3A-2C3E210E0553.jpeg
What size tires?

KPsrq

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Rubicon
Installed a GarageSmart Hoist. Had I watched the YouTube tutorial, it would’ve went a lot quicker at the end. However, the app is great and it’s super easy to install.

Going to pull the top off tomorrow to dial it in

2C87128A-2A84-4CD6-B66B-B99633504B22.jpeg

Reactions: RTJ

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
What size tires?
They’re 35”. I was a little nervous about 37s when I got the Jeep. Wasn’t sure about regearing and what not. I figured I’d try 35s and see how it went. If pretty sure I’m going to 37s next and if I need to regear, well that’s Jeep life. Lol